Western Michigan University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Western Michigan University

2.1

Sort:

Anonymous Employee in Kalamazoo, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Western Michigan University (Kalamazoo, MI) in December 2015.

Interview

It was easy, standard questions and coming early to the interview was a plus. It was standard procedure where the manager asked simple questions that were easy to answer. The interview took about 20 mins and I interviewed only once.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kalamazoo, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Western Michigan University (Kalamazoo, MI) in November 2017.

Interview

I applied for this job at the college of arts and sciences. The manager along with one other worker were Interviewing different students to see who is best fit for the job. They did happen to be 20 minutes late to the interview though.

Interview Questions

• What Experience have you had in the past that will help you thrive here in this work environment?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Kalamazoo, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Western Michigan University (Kalamazoo, MI) in February 2017.

Interview

Was very easy, one phone call before to schedule an interview and to do some prescreening. After that was one fifteen minute conversation and was hired. Overall was a good experience.

Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kalamazoo, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Western Michigan University (Kalamazoo, MI) in January 2017.

Interview

One phone interview and then in person chit chat.. Was very informal and at the end of it started my first shift for that day. So very easy and great job if you can get it.

Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kalamazoo, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Western Michigan University (Kalamazoo, MI) in January 2012.

Interview

HR produces targeted questions for the department that is seeking. Typically there are two rounds of in-person interviews.

Interview Questions

• Mostly open ended questions, tell me a time when you made a mistake, what did you do, how did you correct it type of quesiosn   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is very little room for salary negotiations. Benefits are standard, non-negotiable.

IT Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kalamazoo, MI

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Western Michigan University (Kalamazoo, MI) in July 2017.

Interview

Job was posted internally first as they usually are, posting externally if no candidates are internally selected. Hiring manager accompanied by six staff members who would be direct reports to the position as well as 2 additional peer directors.

Interview Questions

• Questions were grouped by category with 2 to 3 questions per category, with questions on technical skills (requesting examples), business experience, tactics in managing personnel, and methods of keeping current on changing technology.   1 Answer
    • Is there anything on your resume you'd like to highlight.   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kalamazoo, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Western Michigan University (Kalamazoo, MI) in March 2012.

Interview

Contacted to be a part time administrative assistant as I was going to school full time. Met with one co- director and an office manager from an affiliate office in a non-threatening manner. Interview process explained the job thoroughly, and I was asked thought provoking questions, etc. The most important part of the job was to make sure I assisted the students through the process of class registration, and making them aware of course Events and offerings. I also had to make certain the directors were paid for classroom work and events outside the normal university setting.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No. There was no negotiation except that I was allowed to set my hours on a weekly basis.

Graduate Assistant Interview

Interview

The interview was somewhat formal, yet very conversational. I had made good connections from attending a conference with the interviewers, so it was not too stressful. I felt very comfortable on campus and in the department that I work for, so again, that was a nice feeling.

Interview Questions

• What experiences have you gained from previous work experience that you can bring here?   Answer Question

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kalamazoo, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Western Michigan University (Kalamazoo, MI) in January 2015.

Interview

They were very professional and very prepared. The interview process wasn't hard at all. They asked about the experience with university software and my past job experience. They also asked about my skills, technological abilities and many more.

Interview Questions

• What kind of experience you have with the software the university uses?   Answer Question

Assistant Professor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kalamazoo, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Western Michigan University (Kalamazoo, MI) in May 2009.

Interview

Interview was very informal, as we were connected by a mutual acquaintance. My friend discussed my qualifications with her supervisor, who had mentioned that she may be looking for an additional faculty member. I was contacted by my friend regarding the possibility. So, I researched the place of employment via the Internet and determined I would be interested in discussing the possibility, given the location and culture (from what I could discern). I sent a copy of my Vita, we exchanged a couple of e-mails and scheduled a day and time for a telephone interview. The telephone conversation lasted approximately thirty minutes. I was not 100% interested in the position, and the position was not 100% available. In the end, it turned out that they were going to hire a few part-time faculty, to save money.

Interview Questions

• What can you bring to this position that is unique to you?   Answer Question
    • Why are you looking for a new position.   1 Answer