Western Union Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Western Union Interview Questions

Updated Nov 9, 2017

2.8

1. Featured Interview

Interview

Flawless , perfectly organised interview process with timely responses from HR team made it a pleasant experience.

Highly professional interviewers including some of the top executives of WU.

Online test followed by the face to face discussion.

Interview Questions

• Everything about the current project, role and responsibilities   Answer Question

Oct 18, 2017 – Senior Marketing Specialist

Wow, what an interview! We are proud of our recruiting teams and your feedback reflects this! We wish you the best at your time at WU! #Talentisnumber1

Territory Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Western Union in October 2017.

Interview

Horrible business practice. I apply on the company website. A week later i was email by a recruiter. We schedule a phone interview. Never again hear from the recruiter. HORRIBLE practice. I took time out of my day to talk to this recruiter, but i guess they have no professionalism..

Oct 18, 2017 – Senior Marketing Specialist

Thank you for sharing information on your interview experience. It's important for us to improve the process for candidates and your feedback will be highlighted to help us do so. The best of luck to... More

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Western Union in September 2017.

Interview

Phone screen with recruiter. Got Manager interview a couple months later.
    Interview went well he asked me to create user stories for improving app experience. Homework took a couple hours I sent it in. Never heard back. I followed up a couple days. Recruiter called me to say they decided not to go forward...they had never looked at the homework. I had used a bit.ly link and they never clicked on it.
    They asked me to do an assignment and never even looked at it. Wasted my time and demonstrated they aren't a company I want to work with.

Interview Questions

• Typical behavioral questions and explanations of past exerperience   Answer Question

Oct 18, 2017 – Senior Marketing Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We apologize you had a negative interview experience with WU. We will share your detailed feedback to improve our processes. We wish you the best... More

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Western Union (Denver, CO) in August 2017.

Interview

An entire day dedicated for 45 min interviews with different org. leaders. Each interview focused on different skill sets the candidate would bring to the company, including project management, team management, regulatory expertise, technical knowledge, leadership skills, and emotional/social IQ.

Interview Questions

• What impact would you have on the organization immediately after starting if hired?   Answer Question

Oct 18, 2017 – Senior Marketing Specialist

We appreciate the shared feedback on your interview experience! Sounds like you had a difficult interview and got the offer! Congratulations on joining the WU team!

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Western Union (San Francisco, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

Applied Online. Initial screening with recruiter included basic Java questions. Made it to second round technical phone interview with hiring manager. Asked about background experience, explain about the what you did in past projects, and few technical questions.

Interview Questions

• What is Synchronized? what is Singleton and proxy pattern? what is modular programming?   Answer Question
    • Tell me what you did in Hibernate 7 years ago in that 'XYZ' project?   Answer Question
    • In your recent project how did you work with Spring framework?   Answer Question

Oct 18, 2017 – Senior Marketing Specialist

We appreciate you sharing feedback on your interview with WU. We are pleased you had a positive experience and we wish you the best of luck in your career pursuit!

Senior Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Western Union (Denver, CO) in July 2017.

Interview

The entire process was very upfront and professional. Human resources walked me right through the entire process. Interview was quickly scheduled and I was very comfortable during the interview. I was treated professionally and actually enjoyed the process.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my experience with AML Compliance operations.   1 Answer

Oct 18, 2017 – Senior Marketing Specialist

Thanks for sharing your positive interview experience with us. Welcome to the WU team!

Lead Analyst Interview

Interview

Very Easy. They pull you into a room and ask you about your past work. Most managers don't really know how to interview. Just be confident and keep this in mind.

Interview Questions

Western Union Response

Jun 12, 2017 – Manager, Community Engagement

Thank you for interviewing with us. Glad you're in the WU family!

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Western Union (Denver, CO) in December 2016.

Interview

A recruiter reached out to me and didn't call me back after I left two separate messages. I then reapplied for the position and a new recruiter phone screened me. Then had a phone interview with the hiring manager and didn't hear back anything after reaching out to the recruiter twice AND after they stated they would have an answer back to me. Overall, it was a very disappointing experience.

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Western Union (Denver, CO).

Interview

Phone screen initially with recruiter
    Multiple interviews with manager, manager's manager, peer team members
    Went back several times and all in person
    Toured site to see where I would work
    Standard behavioral interview questions based on the job

Interview Questions

• Standard behavioral interview questions based on the job   Answer Question

Dec 7, 2016 – Manager, Community Engagement

Thanks for sharing and congratulations on accepting the offer!

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Western Union (New York, NY).

Interview

Easy, relaxed, simple, basic PM questions, helpful if you have prior project management experience. Just provide details of your previous position and how you managed conflict and teams. Explain collaboration techniques, distribution of work within team, discussions with QA, developers, and stakeholders.

FX Platform Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Western Union (New York, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied online via Glassdoor within days I was called by a Corp. recruiter. They did once over on my C.V. They then emailed me an appointment to an interview in Midtown Manhattan. I met with two people who handled the entry level hires. Once they realized that my skill set and experience was on the same level as their MD.( I have 31 experience in Capital Markets.) They gave me the old, "we will call you routine'.

Interview Questions

• Would you be able to make thirty plus cold calls daily?   1 Answer