Western Union Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Western Union Interview Questions

Updated Sep 16, 2018

2.8

1. Featured Interview

Interview

Flawless , perfectly organised interview process with timely responses from HR team made it a pleasant experience.

Highly professional interviewers including some of the top executives of WU.

Online test followed by the face to face discussion.

Interview Questions

• Everything about the current project, role and responsibilities   Answer Question

Western Union Response

Oct 18, 2017 – Senior Marketing Specialist

Wow, what an interview! We are proud of our recruiting teams and your feedback reflects this! We wish you the best at your time at WU! #Talentisnumber1

Associate Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Western Union (Washington, DC) in August 2014.

Interview

I was already an employee at WU. I had a phone interview to discuss my background and role description. Then, they gave me a take-home assignment to put together a BRD with requirements for a thermometer. After I did well on the assignment, I had a Face to Face interview with the 2 hiring managers who traveled to DC from Canada. It went well so I got hired. However, it took 4 months with HR to approve me to move positions internally.

Interview Questions

• Describe your experience in solving problems, using analytical side of your brain.   Answer Question

Lead Analyst Interview

Interview

Very Easy. They pull you into a room and ask you about your past work. Most managers don't really know how to interview. Just be confident and keep this in mind.

Interview Questions

Western Union Response

Jun 12, 2017 – Manager, Community Engagement

Thank you for interviewing with us. Glad you're in the WU family!

Network Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Centennial, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Western Union (Centennial, CO) in October 2010.

Interview

Due to working nights I scheduled my interview for the morning. Drove all the way across town to the office to have someone either give me the wrong interview date (HR) or change the calender entry once they heard I was in the lobby(Hiring Manager). The next day I was informed that the position had been filled.

Interview Questions

• Did I show up on the wrong day??   1 Answer

Web Content Producer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Western Union (Englewood, CO) in January 2013.

Interview

My initial conversation was a phone call with the manager for the group as she is based in a different location. We spoke for roughly 45 mins during which she gave me an overview of both the department and the job. The interview itself was mostly conversational with almost no "textbook" interview questions.

I was then scheduled for an in-person interview with the 2 members of the team based here in CO. Again, both interviews skewed heavily on the conversational side (description of the job, company, etc) and very few direct questions... mostly just back & forth with me interjecting my skills/experience where I could.

My final interview was a phone call with another member of the team. Like the previous 3, it was mostly conversational although this person was a bit more on the technical side, so they did ask a few technical-based questions.

Unfortunately I did not get the offer for this position. It came down to myself and one other candidate. My experience was almost an identical line-for-line match of the job description, however my recruiter was unable to get any feedback on why I was not selected. I came in at the top of the salary range, so my hunch is that might have been the determining factor.

Overall I felt the 4 interviews (conversations) were fairly easy and laid back. I would rate my interview experience as a positive.

Interview Questions

• As noted above, there were very few (if any) direct questions. The questions that were asked were straightforward questions about my work experience. No tricky behavioral questions or "What's your greatest weakness?" type nonsense.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Western Union.

Interview

1 interview with hiring manger - contract worker and was converted to full time permanent

Interview Questions

• Past experience dealing with matrix organizations   1 Answer

Negotiation

Offer letter with a set time to accept

IT Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Western Union.

Interview

Basic questions about past projects and employers. A few behavior questions sprinkled in. I had 5 different interviewers with various levels of interviewing experience. They were good to talk to though as they were going to be direct partners and customers. Culture is fast paced, agile, and open office layout.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want this job when you appear over qualified for it?   1 Answer

The position had less management functions and platform ownership than I originally understood. I wanted the authority to set direction, initiate and prioritize projects, etc. Would not hesitate to work for this company in another capacity.

Senior Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montvale, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Western Union (Montvale, NJ) in September 2013.

Interview

Applied via LinkedIn and was contacted by HR. HR setup an initial phone screening with their IT director. Usual 30 minutes of conversation was done. Afterward, second technical phone screening was done. Had about 4 to 5 people on the phone at the same time.

Senior Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Western Union (San Francisco, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

the interview process was long. It was very time consuming.
    I had applied through a recruiter and after that had to face more than 7 rounds of interview.
    First round was with hiring manager. Then next 2 rounds of telephonic. It was technical.
    Next 4 rounds were onsite interview. 3 round were technical and 1 round was more of scenario based. Overall a good experience.

Interview Questions

• The interview was related to SQL and also they asked me to Walk us through your code and explain the process by which you came across the solution. How quickly were you able to pick up the language? About how long did it take you to write this?   Answer Question

Business Development Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Western Union (New York, NY) in October 2012.

Interview

Phone Interview, Face to Face and a fnal 30-60-90 day review...I had an initial screening with HR and then met the hiring manager. It was a nice conversation and we reviewed sales background and strategy. We then did an online presentation of my plan. Was good exercise.

Interview Questions

• Wanted to understand sales background and experience. Asked many questions from resume and did a situation questions.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunrise, FL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Western Union (Sunrise, FL) in March 2009.

Interview

The interview was very smooth and to the point. I got a phone interview in creole and a face-2-face with a panel. This was a very solid and to the point interview. All the people in my interview were individuals I actually worked with during my internship.