Western Union Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

1. Featured Interview

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Western Union (Denver, CO).

Interview

Phone screen initially with recruiter
    Multiple interviews with manager, manager's manager, peer team members
    Went back several times and all in person
    Toured site to see where I would work
    Standard behavioral interview questions based on the job

Interview Questions

• Standard behavioral interview questions based on the job   Answer Question

Western Union Response

Dec 7, 2016 – Manager, Community Engagement

Thanks for sharing and congratulations on accepting the offer!

Lead Analyst Interview

Interview

Very Easy. They pull you into a room and ask you about your past work. Most managers don't really know how to interview. Just be confident and keep this in mind.

Interview Questions

Western Union Response

Jun 12, 2017 – Manager, Community Engagement

Thank you for interviewing with us. Glad you're in the WU family!

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Western Union (Denver, CO) in December 2016.

Interview

A recruiter reached out to me and didn't call me back after I left two separate messages. I then reapplied for the position and a new recruiter phone screened me. Then had a phone interview with the hiring manager and didn't hear back anything after reaching out to the recruiter twice AND after they stated they would have an answer back to me. Overall, it was a very disappointing experience.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Western Union (New York, NY).

Interview

Easy, relaxed, simple, basic PM questions, helpful if you have prior project management experience. Just provide details of your previous position and how you managed conflict and teams. Explain collaboration techniques, distribution of work within team, discussions with QA, developers, and stakeholders.

FX Platform Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Western Union (New York, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied online via Glassdoor within days I was called by a Corp. recruiter. They did once over on my C.V. They then emailed me an appointment to an interview in Midtown Manhattan. I met with two people who handled the entry level hires. Once they realized that my skill set and experience was on the same level as their MD.( I have 31 experience in Capital Markets.) They gave me the old, "we will call you routine'.

Interview Questions

• Would you be able to make thirty plus cold calls daily?   1 Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Englewood, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Western Union (Englewood, CO) in May 2016.

Interview

First, phone interview with HR, and then face to face interview with a manager including skill test. I had a second round interview with other managers. You have to tell them what you can do and what you want to do. Also, you don't need to make a story but you have to show your positive attitude.

Director of Enterprise Project Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Western Union (Englewood, CO) in May 2016.

Interview

Contacted by external recruiter, then forwarded to company. After a few weeks of waiting, phone interview seemed to have gone very well and the process moved very quickly from there and met several people on site in Englewood. Next steps were to be a decision to move forward as the background check process was underway. That's where things went off the rails. First, there was a reorganization and the position moved to report to a peer-level, then more delays as they decided what to do next. Finally, after about 6 weeks, the role had moved once again from an Enterprise Role to a role beneath the CIO covering only technology, and the CIO wanted to completely restart the process and include former colleagues.

It was overall very chaotic with a "hurry-up-and-wait" overtone throughout. What was a very well-organized process became extremely disorganized very quickly, and the original reasons for the role quickly became irrelevant. The company seems to realize that they're at a critical juncture for their products and have competition chasing them, but doesn't seem able to act to address internal politics. I bowed out from the process -- I had another offer that went from initial conversation to confirming role in the time they took to decide on reorganizing, and accepted that.

Interview Questions

• N/A - Interview was more behavioral and strategic in nature.   1 Answer

Pricing Manager Interview

Interview

For the most part, the interview process was straight forward. The hiring manager and a few of their associates met with me. The questions were pretty much tell me about a time... and proving what you put on your resume. I will say that while everyone was awesome, the recruiter was given information and turned it around to try to benefit the company to seek the ability to low-ball offers. The recruiter is more of a car salesperson.

Interview Questions

I asked for a certain dollar amount on the application and the interview and the recruiter distorted the figure. I bring honesty and integrity to every organization I work with, but the fact that this recruiter twisted the facts makes me suggest you be very careful before accepting an offer.

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Western Union.

Interview

First one by phone and second one in person, normal questions about the industry, personal skills, education, experience, recent jobs, second one was a nice conversation, it took a while to get the offer.

Compliance & Fraud Analyst, GAI Interview

Anonymous Employee in Englewood, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Western Union (Englewood, CO) in November 2015.

Interview

Probably one of the easiest (and stress free) interviews that I have ever endured. My supervisor and her colleague interviewed me for approximately 1 hour.

I recently joined Western Union because my wife and I relocated from Washington, DC last summer and was immediately impressed with the professional interface with WU recruiters at the Buckley AFB job Fair during Veteran’s Day. In addition, the inaugural Open House for Veterans made me feel truly ‘home’ at WU.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle repetitive tasks?
      What is your experience level with Excel? Access?
      What kind of compliance experience do you have?
      Can you analyze details but not get so consumed with the small stuff?
      How do you deal with bringing issues to your supervisor (such as criticisms)?
      Are you a team player, or prefer to work alone?   Answer Question