Western Union Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Western Union Interview Questions

Updated Feb 14, 2018

2.8

1. Featured Interview

Interview

Flawless , perfectly organised interview process with timely responses from HR team made it a pleasant experience.

Highly professional interviewers including some of the top executives of WU.

Online test followed by the face to face discussion.

Interview Questions

• Everything about the current project, role and responsibilities   Answer Question

Oct 18, 2017 – Senior Marketing Specialist

Wow, what an interview! We are proud of our recruiting teams and your feedback reflects this! We wish you the best at your time at WU! #Talentisnumber1

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Western Union.

Interview

After the intial phone screen, the recruiter was not responsive for 2 weeks - I was not sure whether I made it to the next round or not. Eventually, 2 weeks later, the hiring manager reached out to me and schedule an onsite interview with me a week later. I think the onsite interview went well. However, I have not heard from anyone since.

Interview Questions

• What projects did you work on and how did you handle them?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Western Union.

Interview

not very hard as other cashier job interview. the whole process was around 30 mins with 10 questions. no secound round interview. most of the question are basic. they just need someone who has cashier exprience and biligual background.

Associate Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Western Union (San Francisco, CA) in January 2018.

Interview

Recruiter call, PM screening call then onsite interview. Literally the worst interview I've ever been on. No energy, no respect for candidate, no follow up by requiter. Unprofessional - Avoid.

Interview Questions

• They give you a website problem to address, in my case new customer increase conversions. Present 2 options, advocate for 1. And write up an Epic and Story examples.   1 Answer
    • How would you test the success if your recommendation?   1 Answer
    • Can you work with people in other time zones? We have a hard time with that.   1 Answer

Senior Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Western Union (Denver, CO) in November 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by email for a phone interview. The email had a link to setup an appointment, but the link didn't work. I followed up by sending an email and calling the recruiter (voicemail) and didn't hear anything back from the recruiter for a month. After a month, the recruiter called me and said he didn't see my email or voicemail and wanted to try again to setup an interview. We agreed on a time and place over the phone. The day came and once again there was no phone call or email from the recruiter. Once again, I reached out by email and phone (voicemail) to the recruiter. I still haven't heard back from the recruiter. I know the HR department there is busy, but this is a little ridiculous. I'm not sure if I really want to work at a place that can't even show up for a 30 minute phone interview. I really liked what I saw from the job description, but the HR department really dropped the ball.

Interview Questions

• Never got to a phone interview. So I can't comment on what might be asked.   Answer Question

Territory Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Western Union in October 2017.

Interview

Horrible business practice. I apply on the company website. A week later i was email by a recruiter. We schedule a phone interview. Never again hear from the recruiter. HORRIBLE practice. I took time out of my day to talk to this recruiter, but i guess they have no professionalism..

Oct 18, 2017 – Senior Marketing Specialist

Thank you for sharing information on your interview experience. It's important for us to improve the process for candidates and your feedback will be highlighted to help us do so. The best of luck to... More

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Western Union in September 2017.

Interview

Phone screen with recruiter. Got Manager interview a couple months later.
    Interview went well he asked me to create user stories for improving app experience. Homework took a couple hours I sent it in. Never heard back. I followed up a couple days. Recruiter called me to say they decided not to go forward...they had never looked at the homework. I had used a bit.ly link and they never clicked on it.
    They asked me to do an assignment and never even looked at it. Wasted my time and demonstrated they aren't a company I want to work with.

Interview Questions

• Typical behavioral questions and explanations of past exerperience   Answer Question

Oct 18, 2017 – Senior Marketing Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We apologize you had a negative interview experience with WU. We will share your detailed feedback to improve our processes. We wish you the best... More

Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Western Union (Washington, DC) in September 2017.

Interview

The Hiring manager postponed the phone interview twice last moments without excuse nor apology.
    The questions were not related to the position duties as he was more concern who do I know in the company and then he seemed busy with other things during the interview.

Interview Questions

• Who do I know in the company or if I was referred by someone, asked about my career details that are not related to the position.
      Asked if had related experience to the job .
      Not concern about job related details nor he reviewed or read my CV   1 Answer

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Western Union (Denver, CO) in August 2017.

Interview

An entire day dedicated for 45 min interviews with different org. leaders. Each interview focused on different skill sets the candidate would bring to the company, including project management, team management, regulatory expertise, technical knowledge, leadership skills, and emotional/social IQ.

Interview Questions

• What impact would you have on the organization immediately after starting if hired?   Answer Question

Oct 18, 2017 – Senior Marketing Specialist

We appreciate the shared feedback on your interview experience! Sounds like you had a difficult interview and got the offer! Congratulations on joining the WU team!

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Western Union (San Francisco, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

Applied Online. Initial screening with recruiter included basic Java questions. Made it to second round technical phone interview with hiring manager. Asked about background experience, explain about the what you did in past projects, and few technical questions.

Interview Questions

• What is Synchronized? what is Singleton and proxy pattern? what is modular programming?   Answer Question
    • Tell me what you did in Hibernate 7 years ago in that 'XYZ' project?   Answer Question
    • In your recent project how did you work with Spring framework?   Answer Question

Oct 18, 2017 – Senior Marketing Specialist

We appreciate you sharing feedback on your interview with WU. We are pleased you had a positive experience and we wish you the best of luck in your career pursuit!

Senior Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Western Union (Denver, CO) in July 2017.

Interview

The entire process was very upfront and professional. Human resources walked me right through the entire process. Interview was quickly scheduled and I was very comfortable during the interview. I was treated professionally and actually enjoyed the process.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my experience with AML Compliance operations.   1 Answer

Oct 18, 2017 – Senior Marketing Specialist

Thanks for sharing your positive interview experience with us. Welcome to the WU team!