Westgate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Westgate

3.2

Interviews for Top Jobs at Westgate

English Instructor Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Westgate.

Interview

Did the application, and I have years of excellent, relevant experience, but my application was declined with a standard email talking about how competitive they are. Considering they hire people with no experience, I think either my extensive experience worked against me or I simply applied too late. Considering everything I've read about them, it's for the best. Can't make someone over-pay for an apartment or over-work when they know better.

Interview Questions

• Asked about a difficult working experience from the perspective of a foreigner.   Answer Question

Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tokyo (Japan)

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Westgate (Tokyo (Japan)) in August 2017.

Interview

Skype interview - was asked to prepare a model lesson on paper (usually functional language) and talk through this with the interviewer. A series of grammar related questions was also asked.

English Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Westgate (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in July 2015.

Interview

The process was very long and detailed. The interview last longer than an hour and was really in depth, however they were very honest and upfront about the process as they stated at the beginning what they intended to do in the interview. The interviewer was friendly, but straightforward, understanding, and willing to take the time to answer all my questions.

Interview Questions

• They asked a few specific grammar questions that were tricky and then asked how I would approach a situation like that in the classroom. They also asked to role play scenarios as if the interviewer was the student.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to ask for a location that I preferred and they really listened to my requests. I loved where they sent me and my next contract was in an even better area of my choice.

English Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Westgate.

Interview

The interview process is slow. After reviewing applicants, you’ll eventually receive an email about whether you’ve been chose for an interview. This took weeks.
    After a long Skype interview, I waited never 3 weeks before I was offered a position.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Maidstone, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Westgate (Maidstone, England (UK)) in January 2011.

Interview

Informal meeting with business owner, discussed my work history and what they were looking for in this newly created position. Told me about the problems they were having and asked me how I may go about helping them to fix things.