Westport Innovations Interview Questions

Updated May 23, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 13 of over 13 interviews

2.3
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Westport Innovations

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Westport Innovations (Vancouver, BC)

Interview

A bunch of behavior based questions and a bunch of technical questions. Every once in a while they included critical thinking questions such as mentioning the types of fits in a machining hand book

Interview Questions
  • GD&T questions which required understanding of GD&T
    1 Answer

Westport Innovations

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Westport Innovations in Feb 2021

Interview

A call with the hiring manager. Then two interviews. I got it until the first interview. This interview was with three heads of the engineering department and the hiring manager.

Interview Questions
  • How to improve the efficiency of the engine?
  • What type of equations are solved in a CFD simulation of an engine?
  • What are Westport's products and business?
  • What were your 3 favourite subjects in the undergrad?

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Westport Innovations (Vancouver, BC)

Interview

Process was quick - a first interview occurred with HR and the following week with manager and HR all together. There was no tricky questions - it was more about getting to know each other.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Westport Innovations (Vancouver, BC)

Interview

Work history and technical test interests reason for applying willing to travel ... mostly to establish if you for in with the team... does the team lead like you and does he think you can accomplish the role

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Westport Innovations (Vancouver, BC) in May 2016

Interview

Three interviewers - one supply manager, one senior engineer, and one from HR. There were questions about past experiences and technical skills. Interestingly, there was a test in my knowledge about manufacturing procedure - two similar machined pieces were presented to me and I had to describe the difference between the two pieces, the way they were machined, and the material it was made out of.

Interview Questions
  • How many hours would you say that you spent in the machine shop?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Westport Innovations (Vancouver, BC) in Jan 2016

Interview

The first stage included a 45-minute phone interview that was pretty much the standard format of an interview (strength, weaknesses, etc). A week later I was invited to an in-person interview with the intended direct supervisor and the HR person , and it that lasted about 40 minutes and included mainly professional questions. I felt right away that I was not a good cultural fit, but I did my best. My advice - even for non-technical roles, stay away unless you have a degree in engineering. Westport, being a very technical organization, is not a good place for peoole who do not have this kind of background, and that's what I meant by "cultural fit". They told me that they haven't decided upon the next stage - it could be another interview and maybe even an exam in MS Excel, stuff like that.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Westport Innovations (Vancouver, BC) in Aug 2015

Interview

One interview, there are 2 persons who take my interview nothing technical but they put focus what I have written on my resume and some behavioral questions. Overall all is good.

Interview Questions
  • -Let us what you know about the company? -Some basic about SQL and C#?

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Westport Innovations (Vancouver, BC) in Aug 2015

Interview

I applied through my university program and got an interview call within a week. The interview was only 30 minutes long. They went through my resume (in particular: my previous IT experience) and asked me basic behavioral question.

Interview Questions
  • What is your greatest achievement/ Tell me about an accomplishment you are most proud of?
  • What are your greatest strength and weakness?
  • What do you expect from this Job? Tell me about yourself?

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Westport Innovations (Vancouver, BC) in Jul 2013

Interview

Met by human resource representative as well as engineering team leader. Environment was quite friendly and was not pressurizing. Interviewers were mainly interested in finding out about me, my interests and projects in order to see if I was a good fit for the team. Was asked slight questions as to which courses I took and my experience in school.

Interview Questions
  • Which course did you like / dislike? and why?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beijing, Beijing

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Westport Innovations (Beijing, Beijing) in Jun 2013

Interview

When I was still the employee of Wastport in 2013, I got Canadian PR. I asked to transfer from Beijing office of Vancouver headquarter. The Vancouver HR called me and set an interview between Westport Vancouver and me. They asked some basic questions of myself, and also asked my opinion of the Westport.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me some thing about yourself.
Viewing 1 - 10 of 13 Interviews