Westport Innovations Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Westport Innovations Interview Questions

2.1

SupplyEngineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Westport Innovations (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in May 2016.

Interview

Three interviewers - one supply manager, one senior engineer, and one from HR. There were questions about past experiences and technical skills. Interestingly, there was a test in my knowledge about manufacturing procedure - two similar machined pieces were presented to me and I had to describe the difference between the two pieces, the way they were machined, and the material it was made out of.

Interview Questions

• How many hours would you say that you spent in the machine shop?   Answer Question

Business and Sustainability Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Westport Innovations (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in January 2016.

Interview

The first stage included a 45-minute phone interview that was pretty much the standard format of an interview (strength, weaknesses, etc). A week later I was invited to an in-person interview with the intended direct supervisor and the HR person , and it that lasted about 40 minutes and included mainly professional questions. I felt right away that I was not a good cultural fit, but I did my best. My advice - even for non-technical roles, stay away unless you have a degree in engineering. Westport, being a very technical organization, is not a good place for peoole who do not have this kind of background, and that's what I meant by "cultural fit".

They told me that they haven't decided upon the next stage - it could be another interview and maybe even an exam in MS Excel, stuff like that.

Interview Questions

• What do you think of the market position of the company?   1 Answer
    • Do you understand how engines work?   Answer Question

Programmer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Westport Innovations (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in August 2015.

Interview

One interview, there are 2 persons who take my interview nothing technical but they put focus what I have written on my resume and some behavioral questions. Overall all is good.

Interview Questions

• -Let us what you know about the company?
      -Some basic about SQL and C#?
      Answer Question

IT Support Co-op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Westport Innovations (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied through my university program and got an interview call within a week. The interview was only 30 minutes long. They went through my resume (in particular: my previous IT experience) and asked me basic behavioral question.

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest achievement/ Tell me about an accomplishment you are most proud of?   Answer Question
    • What are your greatest strength and weakness?   Answer Question
    • What do you expect from this Job? Tell me about yourself?   Answer Question

Fuel Systems Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beijing, Beijing (China)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Westport Innovations (Beijing, Beijing (China)) in June 2013.

Interview

When I was still the employee of Wastport in 2013, I got Canadian PR. I asked to transfer from Beijing office of Vancouver headquarter. The Vancouver HR called me and set an interview between Westport Vancouver and me. They asked some basic questions of myself, and also asked my opinion of the Westport.

Interview Questions

• Tell me some thing about yourself.   1 Answer

Materials Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Windsor, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Westport Innovations (Windsor, ON (Canada)) in March 2013.

Interview

Initial communication was quick and to the point. First actual interview was in a run down building that they were going to renovate. People were good - but not sure how to take them. Very non-committall. Not very detailed. Received a call in one day to go to second interview. this was with two directors - I walked in - and they told me I had the job so we basically chit-chatted for an hour............

Interview Questions

• When they told me I had the job - they wanted questions from me - for the hour and was only prepared for one or two.   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was what was discussed between the first and second interview. Dollars and bonus structure matched.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Westport Innovations (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in January 2012.

Interview

First I applied online and someone from HR called me, He asked few questions and then scheduled a meeting with hiring manager. The interview was very short with hiring manage, mostly technical questions. The people are generally very nice and kind in HR as well as senior managers. He walked through my CV and asked some questions very easy.

Mechanical Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Westport Innovations (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in August 2011.

Interview

HR interview with the recruiter
    team members - 3 engineers and 2 technicians
    interview with the manager and team lead talking about experience, skills, technical questions
    HR - manager for salary negotiation and position

Interview Questions

• describe a working day at the previous job   1 Answer