Whitbread Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Whitbread Interview Questions

Interviews at Whitbread

2.4

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Whitbread (London, England (UK)) in April 2018.

Interview

The panel wanted me to complete a do at home coding test. This test would have taken me more than a day, so I refused to do the same.
    The internal recruiter is a very sensible person, he arranged for a face to face interview without this do at home test.
    However I found the panel overly negative: They seemed to lack the required skills to evaluate my responses.
    Let me take few examples:
    When I said that in the past, I had a team member who was not a very good team player and we used to give him more independent work, the interviewer took the most negative view that we isolated the team member from the team.
    I had written a TDD based java microservice application to integrate with foursquare api. The service class had only a single method. The interviewer couldn't understand that in the success scenario in the test, the test was expected to be very simple.
    The panel was in a hurry all the time, and I felt they did not follow up to understand the reasoning
    From their final interview feedback, I felt that the panel was too far detached from the reality.

Waiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Falkirk, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Whitbread (Falkirk, Scotland (UK)) in March 2016.

Interview

Informal chat with the manager asking about previous experience and how to deal with aggressive customers. Interview was nice and straightforward nothing challenging about it at all. Heard back from the company withing a couple of days.

Waitress Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salisbury, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Whitbread (Salisbury, England (UK)) in June 2015.

Interview

Informal chat with manager
    Questioned about abilities in dealing with certain customers, a fast paced environment and long hours
    Asked questions about ease of getting to work due to late hours e.g. own transport?

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with difficult customers   1 Answer

Waitress Interview

Anonymous Employee in Eastleigh, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Whitbread (Eastleigh, England (UK)) in June 2015.

Interview

the hiring and interview process was quick easy and generic. they ask the normal kinds of questions you would in any interview in regards to waiting - no problem solving questions or anything like that. I was questioned on my CV, experience and why I want the job. Only daunting thing was how intimate the interview was as it was one on one.

Interview Questions

• what do you know about table table   1 Answer

Waitress Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chippenham, South West England, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Whitbread (Chippenham, South West England, England (UK)) in June 2011.

Interview

Very informal, I attended a trial shift and was hired. I was told that the restaurant was hiring staff for the summer so applied. I feel that if you know someone that works there then you can probably get a job there.

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dunstable, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Whitbread (Dunstable, England (UK)) in November 2017.

Interview

2 stage interview process: 1st with head of IT and Programme Manager which included the presentation on a topic given to you at your arrival and 2nd again with Programme Manager of specific vertical.

Interview Questions

• Why Whitbread? What's in it for you?   1 Answer

Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bristol, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Whitbread (Bristol, England (UK)) in January 2018.

Interview

My manager kept on forgetting to send me my welcome package, kept on referring to people as useless, not given information about anything, no real guidance and support, raciest management.

Interview Questions

• She told me they are really stupid interview questions.   1 Answer

Graduate Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dunstable, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Whitbread (Dunstable, England (UK)).

Interview

Invited me for an interview in their Dunstable offices, very friendly and great environment. At the beginning they asked some competency based questions and then allowed me to ask questions regarding the role.

Kitchen Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Great Yarmouth, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Whitbread (Great Yarmouth, England (UK)) in January 2014.

Interview

Had an open day at the jobcentre, where they were taking applicants for a new restaurant. I applied for the job and heard back about 3 weeks later asking me to go for a second interview (which I passed) After that they asked us to go for a group training session, where they conducted more interviews and did the final selection process

Interview Questions

• Why I wanted to work for them, how much experience I had, past jobs   Answer Question

Negotiation

There weren't any negotiations, I needed a job and accepted anything they gave me

Kitchen Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Whitbread (Birmingham, England (UK)) in July 2017.

Interview

Had a telephone interview followed by a one to one ,then a work trial with a guy who does the job , I was left in a kitchen with a rude unqualified chef , while the kitchen manager sat outside smoking. Didn't even speak to me.