Whitbread Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Whitbread Interview Questions

Updated Jan 26, 2017

2.4

Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Whitbread in January 2017.

Interview

Applied for position advertised on Whitbreed Careers website. They called me the next day and the interview was arranged for a few days after. Interview was informative, first they spoke a lot about the company and explained the role in detail. This was followed by a combination of thorough discussion of my CV and standard interview questions (including weakness and strength, where do you see yourself in 5 years time, etc). Took about an hour in total.

Information Systems Management Graduate Scheme Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dunstable, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Whitbread (Dunstable, England (UK)) in December 2016.

Interview

Initial telephone conversation with the recruitment team, followed by an hour long Skype interview. Extremely friendly people who interview you at this stage and feels more like a long chat. Was asked about my background and interests, alongside my knowledge of technology in a general sense.

I was then invited to an assessment center, the only one they were running for this one position. Chatted with a few senior staff and a couple of the new graduates, all very friendly people who enjoyed working there. The day for me first involved a 2 - 1 interview, highly competency based. They really drilled into my psyche wanting to know what deep down motivates me etc. Then was a case study that we had 20 minutes to prepare in the morning, and then take part in a mock meeting to talk through your findings and recommendations. Lastly was a group exercise involving a lego model we had to recreate that only one person could view.

Overall a very positive experience!

Interview Questions

• What's your main driver? What gets you out of bed in the morning?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dunstable, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Whitbread (Dunstable, England (UK)) in September 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter. I had 1 phone interview and one face to face interview with the recruiter and then a face to face interview with HR and one other. Lovely people and very positive about the company and what they were looking for. Great communication after the interview. Interviewers were relaxed and made the interview conversational. Turned down a higher paying role to accept this one due to the impression made by the interviewere.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiations were done by the recruiter.

Human Resources Business Partner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Whitbread (Birmingham, England (UK)) in June 2016.

Interview

First stage was an interview with the hiring manager - it was held on one of the Beefeater restaurants near where I live which was thoughtful. Very nice informal style and made me feel at ease. Second stage was to meet a peer who does the same role for a different region - I like the idea of this but in reality this should have been the first stage as it was very role focused and less on personality and fit. However it was still an enjoyable experience and again was held at a Beefeater restaurant near me which made it easy for me to get to. I made it through to the final stage however due to illness I had to withdraw from my application.

I was informed quickly at all stages of the process by the Resourcing team on what was happening next and when that would be. Very efficient process and very candidate focused so I would highly recommend the recruitment process

IOS Product Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Whitbread (London, England (UK)) in March 2016.

Interview

The interview process:
    - Some emails with the recruiter who forwarded my profile to the company.
    - An initial phone interview with the HR, 20/30 minutes.
    - A technical test to solve and publish on github
    - A Skype call with the Senior Developer and the HR, 60 minutes

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Luton, East of England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Whitbread (Luton, East of England, England (UK)) in February 2016.

Interview

online application with numerical and verbal test. Was contacted after 2 months for a motivational phone interview. A few days later was invited to the assessment center at the HQ in Luton (full day with 4 different activities - individual business case, individual business simulation, 1-to-1 interview and group case).

Barista Interview

Anonymous Employee in Deal, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Whitbread (Deal, England (UK)) in September 2015.

Interview

Less than 30 minutes asking a selection of non personal questions, mostly about how would I deal with certain times in store. Was made to feel comfortable with store manager and Barista meastro.

Interview Questions

• How would i deal with a busy period behind the bar if i was on my own   Answer Question

Front of House Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Whitbread (London, England (UK)) in June 2015.

Interview

I filled in my application form and everything seemed good. Upon following-up, I was immediately offered a trial shift there and then. The trial itself was a good experience; I work closely with the team members and learnt a lot about their operations. After a successful trial, A very informal interview was held with the manager, who asked very few questions. I was never called back. When following-up my interview, I was told I was "unacceptable". Highly unprofessional.

Night Porter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gillingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Whitbread (Gillingham, England (UK)) in May 2015.

Interview

Was hired in about 30 seconds. Was asked 2 ice breaker questions 'what is my favourite colour' and 'what gets me up in the morning' and based on these answers the team member said to the operations manager if they don't mind and the trust is there, they want to offer the job immediately and start immediately. They later said what they are looking for in the role is a specific personality as the CV was already shining, and apparently they saw what they were looking for! I started work immediately from the interview and it has been fantastic since day 1. Amazing team of people and amazing to work with them! Best job I've ever had. The site I'm working on was new and I was there for the opening. All team members were hired for the site so everyone was new and they put a fantastic team together - Kudos to management. You can really feel the love and family vibes

Operations Graduate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Whitbread (Manchester, England (UK)) in April 2015.

Interview

Long day, usual assessment process. In a group, seeing how you interact with other people. Group work and then individual presentation based on profit margins. Look for your personality more than any prior knowledge of the hospitality business as they feel as though they can teach the management side. Most people did not understand the P&L charts; including myself, however they are looking for your personality and how you suitably deal with the problem in front of you. e.g. don't break down and panic. Hospitality is about resilience, especially within management.

Interview Questions

• Who would you most like to be stuck on a desert island with?   Answer Question