White Lodging Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 28, 2017

2.8

Front Desk Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at White Lodging (Houston, TX).

Interview

I went in for the front desk agent job even though I wanted a night auditor job. I had no experience but the hotel was brand new and they were training from the ground up, so I got offered the night audit job. There was one face to face interview, then a follow up phone call and finally a final face to face in which they offered me the job. It probably took a week or two total. My process was a little different than normal simply because it was for a new build.

Interview Questions

• I'll be honest, it was a long time ago and I don't remember the specific questions. Mostly it involved my customer service experience. A lot of the interview was mostly about trying to see how friendly I was.

The only thing I remember about the follow up call was that they asked me one basic math question. By basic I mean it was literally something like what is 5 plus 8.
      Answer Question

Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at White Lodging.

Interview

Long process takes about 3 hours minimum interviewing with 2 people, then if you are looking for leadership position you go see a doctor to get the approval to be hired. After the interview it takes about 2 - 3 weeks if you are luck to get hired usually it takes up to a month.

Interview Questions

• They do a top-grading process going from High School to present day each job you had.   Answer Question

Front Desk Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, IN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at White Lodging (Bloomington, IN) in August 2016.

Interview

As I was already an employee, I spoke casually with my GM at the time about moving up from a GSR position to a FD Position. I then took the personality and critical thinking tests and we scheduled a topgrading interview. This was pretty extensive, but only about an hour since it wasn't a management job. I was asked about everything I've done between high school and the present (activities, grades, jobs, etc)

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you made a decision that you regretted and how did you deal with that?   Answer Question
    • What activities did you participate in and what did you learn from them? How did you benefit?   Answer Question

Housekeeping Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at White Lodging (Houston, TX).

Interview

Top grade interview. Two mangers interviewed. Roughly two hours to complete. Asked the same questions for every position listed on resume. Not much conversation more Q&A. Interviewers gave brief description if the position, what is expected, if I felt I could meet/impliment those expectations. Took a bathroom/water break about midway.

Interview Questions

• How I prioritize, handle change, customet interactions, etc.   1 Answer

Event Concierge Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at White Lodging (Indianapolis, IN) in May 2016.

Interview

Very relaxed and casual. Wasn't anything too serious. The interviewer took me into one of their meeting rooms and sat me down and started out a casual conversation about the job before asking me any questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with a stressful situation   Answer Question

Event Concierge Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at White Lodging (San Antonio, TX) in April 2016.

Interview

I went into HR and handed them my resume and had two interviews on the spot. One was with the head of HR and the other was with the supervisor of the position. They both asked very similar and typical interview questions.

Interview Questions

Interview

Turned in a resume in person, and was called within the same week for an interview. When I got there for the interview I filled out a application and met with 1 manager and was hired on spot.

Front Desk Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at White Lodging in January 2016.

Interview

I sent an email with my resume and cover letter along with referral from a current White Lodging Associate. Within a week I received a phone call with my now, manager. That phone call set up a phone interview, which led to several online assessments, which led to 2 more interviews.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with an upset customer. Pretty basic stuff first round. After that the interviews were similar to each other but very different in that go through your whole career starting with college or high school. Same questions each time. I assume looking for patterns.   1 Answer

Front Desk Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gary, IN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at White Lodging (Gary, IN) in November 2015.

Interview

Very simple. Explained what was expected. Asked about previous experience. Very laid back. Nothing special about it. Nothing that sticks out. Very basic, especially if you've worked in hotels before.

Interview Questions

• Name one time you experienced an issue and how do you handle it?   1 Answer

Cluster Director of Sales and Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Merrillville, IN

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at White Lodging (Merrillville, IN) in October 2015.

Interview

Phone interview, followed by in person interviews, followed by a Top Grade and potential Doctor visit. Doctor visits are for leadership positions such as GM or Director of Sales and Marketing