White Lodging Interview Questions | Glassdoor

White Lodging Interview Questions

Updated Oct 10, 2017

Accounting Stuff I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hammond, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at White Lodging (Hammond, IN) in September 2017.

Interview

Phone interview after submitting application online. Two managers ask me questions about my past experience. Most of the interview is going through the resume. They also asked about my future plans and some other behavior questions.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose White Lodging?   1 Answer

Assistant General Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at White Lodging.

Interview

White Lodging uses an interview process that includes Topgrading (a quick web search will tell you more about this), CTI, and Devine tests. Topgrade interviews can last from 2-4 hours.

Interview Questions

• What are other job possibilities and how do you feel about them?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at White Lodging in July 2017.

Interview

Initial step was a phone screen followed by an in person interview, I then had to take two online assessments, once those were complete I had a phone interview with headquarters

Assistant General Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at White Lodging (Austin, TX) in July 2017.

Interview

I had an initial phone interview and then what is called a top grade interview. It can take anywhere between 2-4 hours depending on the job. It is the most intense process I have seen for a job.

Accounting Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at White Lodging (Chicago, IL) in July 2017.

Interview

The ingwrview process was very complex and difficult. After submitting an online applocation, you need to take an assessment test. If you pass, you move on to the second round. A top grade interview with the executive committee. After that, you interview with the regional VP and the Director of Accounting. And lastly, you meet with the ompany psychologist.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at White Lodging.

Interview

Top Grading is the method that WL utilizes for their corporate culture. It is a lengthy interview process that can take 2 1/2 to 4 hours. It is conducted by two WL executives that are TopGrade certified.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation in your career where you failed and what was the learning from that failure?   Answer Question

Front Desk Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at White Lodging.

Interview

It was very well worded and flowed very nice. Nothing was very tricky and I felt like they got to know me better as a person. My interviewer was genuinely nice.

Guest Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at White Lodging (Indianapolis, IN) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied through my university where I saw a posting on my schools email newsletter. I got a response to set up a phone call. From there, I filled out an online aptitude assessment. Then, I was called in for an in person interview where I talked to 3 separate supervisors.

Interview Questions

• Can you describe how you handled a difficult situation at work?   1 Answer

Front Desk Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at White Lodging (Houston, TX).

Interview

I went in for the front desk agent job even though I wanted a night auditor job. I had no experience but the hotel was brand new and they were training from the ground up, so I got offered the night audit job. There was one face to face interview, then a follow up phone call and finally a final face to face in which they offered me the job. It probably took a week or two total. My process was a little different than normal simply because it was for a new build.

Interview Questions

• I'll be honest, it was a long time ago and I don't remember the specific questions. Mostly it involved my customer service experience. A lot of the interview was mostly about trying to see how friendly I was.

The only thing I remember about the follow up call was that they asked me one basic math question. By basic I mean it was literally something like what is 5 plus 8.   Answer Question

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at White Lodging (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in March 2017.

Interview

online application, two online assessments- one is a personality type test (make sure to answer at either end of the spectrum, not in the middle) and the other is a test involving math problems, story problems etc- the key is to finish the test! The math test can be nerve racking because there are a lot of problems and if you don't finish it looks bad (they won't tell you that though)

Interview Questions

• They go all the way back through your entire resume and have situational questions for all positions- they call it top grading   1 Answer