WhiteHat Security Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 24, 2017

2.7

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at WhiteHat Security (San Jose, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

Neutral.
    The first phone interview was by the HR. She asked me basic Java Questions. She was pretty friendly.
    Immediately she told me that I clear that round and to schedule the next phone interview which would be a little more technical.
    That was a bad experience. She calls me a little late than the scheduled time. Asks me questions from the resume, but is not paying attention, and I have to repeat almost everything. She pretty much asks me just 2 questions. And then I am asking her more about the job role and the company, but she is disinterested.

Interview Questions

• Asked me about my internship and projects that I had done.   Answer Question

Configuration Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at WhiteHat Security (Houston, TX).

Interview

The office is a little hard to find so if you have a interview you might want to try and leave 20 mins early then normal interviews. I was interviewed by 3 guys wearing cagro shorts and sandals and wearing tank tops or plaid shirts(Unprofessional). When I first walked in I saw at least 10-15 guys laying around on the floor or sitting against the wall on laptops(unprofessional) and at tht moment I knew that was not going to be a place for me to work and grow.

Interview Questions

• They give you a list of things to study for which was very helpful, the thing that might catch someone off guard is doin the Interview they ask you to Code something and its picked randomly.   2 Answers

Salesforce Administrator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at WhiteHat Security in April 2017.

Interview

applied through Glassdoor. Received an email confirmation from the recruiter to schedule the call and spoke to her regarding my background but never heard back about further steps.
    they should at least reply that you are not through first round or something else

Interview Questions

• what are the challenges faced by your team?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at WhiteHat Security.

Interview

Interviewed with 5-6 people in one shot. It took about 4-5 hours. The people were nice and smart and genuinely wanted to know about me. I actually enjoyed the process.

Interview Questions

• - They will ask scenario based questions
      - how to prioritize
      - how to set expectations   1 Answer

Desktop Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at WhiteHat Security (Santa Clara, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

I submitted an application for the Desktop Systems Engineer. I received a response and it was to setup an appointment for the phone screen. I was asked very basic questions and each time I got a response as: "Cool, cool." Then I got a response saying how I passed the phone screen. They wanted me to do another telephone interview and they were only available to do it during my lunch break. They tried throwing a few trick questions and after the call, I got another email saying how I passed the interview. And now they wanted me to come on-site for an interview with the team.

I explained that I lived over 2 hours away and it took about a month before I could make arrangements to go. I asked if they were still interested in filling the position and they said: "YES!"

I arrived 30 minutes early to my interview. I waited and waited some more, which it was past the time I was supposed to start.

The office building was mediocre and nothing fancy. It looked much nicer from the outside and it reminded me of cubicle offices from the 90's.

My first person I interviewed with admitted that he didn't even read my resume. They just asked me personality based questions and it was very informal. That's not what I was expecting at all. He seemed to be doing this because he has nothing better to do and wasn't ready to retire yet.

The next person gave a better impression. They were friendly, intelligent, and polite. Again, nothing technical. I did get to hear how understaffed they were and that made me wonder why that was.

The third person was the same person I had the second interview with. He got promoted and he used to do the position I was applying for. Then it started to become clear. They are a mess. I heard again how they are extremely backed up on things they need to do but they don't have enough people to do them.

A bit disappointed with what I was seeing and hearing, but overall, I thought everything went well.

When I got home, I immediately wrote to them and thanked them for the opportunity. I never received a response.

I wrote again a few days later and still nothing.

Then a week later, I finally got a response. I was told that they don't have a position for me. It made me feel like they had no intention on hiring me in the first place and this was a game to them because of that period I wasn't able to go for the on-site interview.

Sales Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at WhiteHat Security (Santa Clara, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Engaging, challenging and informative. A phone interview was scheduled first, was set to be 15min but went nearly 40min. Very engaging first contact. A face 2 face interview was then set up a few days later. This was awesome, I was interviewed by four plus a phone interview onsite. Everyone was
    professional but very down to earth and like-able which says a lot about the culture if you're tuned into it. Received a letter offer two days later. Accepted :)

Interview Questions

• What would set you apart from other candidates?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at WhiteHat Security (Santa Clara, CA).

Interview

Initial screen by Hiring Manager
    and then round of interview starts , 5 ppl taking on site interview one after another which included technical questions on Java , Python SQL also manager taking HR /communication skill interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Did not negotiate

Applications Security Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at WhiteHat Security in July 2014.

Interview

Was contacted by recruiter, had an initial phone screen, and then an onsite. Onsite had to be delayed for 2 weeks because hiring team took a long vacation. When the interview was finally scheduled, it was about 2 hrs, they email you a doc file with a link to a URL that lists the threats and web security issues that they expect you to fully comprehend. Interviewers acted pretentious and snobby and were not very helpful during the process.

Pay was a strict 40k for the Santa Clara office, which is absurdly below market value. I'm not sure who would want to work for these people.

Interview Questions

• All the info they will ask you is on the doc file they email you if they choose to bring you onsite   Answer Question

Interview

Hiring process was a lengthy one. Manager for multiple departements didn't seem organized during interview.

Corporate Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at WhiteHat Security (Santa Clara, CA).

Interview

Interviewed with about 8-10 current sales people and managers, mostly on the phone. VP of Sales was not involved, mostly field reps and the hiring manager. Lots of interviews but nothing unusual, other than the absence of involvement by upper management, which seemed unusual for such a small company. Background and referral check.

Interview Questions

• Please describe our solution and how it compares to our competitors   3 Answers