Wilbur-Ellis Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Wilbur-Ellis Interview Questions

3.3

Human Resources Business Partner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Wilbur-Ellis (Kansas City, KS) in January 2015.

Interview

5 or 6 rounds can't remember

1. Skype interview with hiring manager
    2. In person interview with region VP
    3. Phone interview with different region VP
    4. Phone interview with Ops Manager
    5. Second in person interview with region VP
    6. Final phone interview and offer with hiring manager

Summer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wilbur-Ellis.

Interview

I talked with them at my school's career fair and got a call that night to come in the next day to interview. The interview went very well. It was two men who were very nice. Typical questions, none that really surprised me. Very interested in hearing about my experience and talents. I am waiting to hear back, but they openly said they were very impressed with me.
    Examples:
    Tell me about yourself.
    Tell me about your current job.

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wilbur-Ellis (Vancouver, WA) in October 2014.

Interview

Had 15-20 phone interview. Asked questions like: What are your strengths & weaknesses? Where do you see yourself 5 years from now? Give an example of goal you have recently achieved or greatest achievement? Why do you want to work for this company?
    Two weeks later had a in-person interview. Asked questions like: (Including above questions) Where do you see yourself 5-10 years from now? Why should we hire you? Tell us something that is not on your resume? How would you respond to issues with other employees and/or customers? How do you manage your schedule? What do you know about the company?

My suggestion is to learn everything you can about the company, director, channels, distribution network, etc.

Interview Questions

• If you could be an icecream flavor, what flavor would you be and why?   1 Answer

Director, Program Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Wilbur-Ellis (San Francisco, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

I was phone screened and then brought in to interview in the office. Even though I did not get the position, I liked the follow up on the interview. They were quick to give me feedback throughout the process. When asked, they even provided feedback for why I did not get the position. Very professional.

Accountant II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tukwila, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Wilbur-Ellis (Tukwila, WA) in October 2013.

Interview

Applied online and a recruiter called me to have a phone interview. I then had in-person interviews 4 times. One was a group forum with the team I'd be working with, then with the manager, Assistant Controller and finally the Controller

Interview Questions

• How many boxes of tissues would you use the cover the walls of the room we were having the interview in.   2 Answers

Negotiation

I was given the offer and had a week to respond. They held strong on their offer after I tried to increase the annual salary

Agronomist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cottonwood, ID

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Wilbur-Ellis (Cottonwood, ID) in July 2011.

Interview

General meeting. Drove around the area I would be covering. Simple questions about career, capabilities and past work experience. Wasn't a panel or group. I was known to some of the people in the company beforehand. I wouldn't describe it as tough or strange. It wasn't what I expected.

Interview Questions

• What do you think a typical day would look like?   1 Answer

Dispatcher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Wilbur-Ellis in August 2007.

Interview

Obtained listing from Craigslist. Sent resume. Received call from Manager for interview. Met with two managers. Standard interview questions, reviewed resume, background, job history and skills. Took and passed several online tests. Took tour of facilities. Met potential colleagues. Asked questions of management. Was told I would be contacted in a few days. Told them I had another job offer pending. Heard back in 5 days. Started job 4 days later.

Sales and Service Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shah Alam (Malaysia)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Wilbur-Ellis (Shah Alam (Malaysia)) in December 2012.

Interview

It was a pleasant interview with the hiring business manager and country manager, the interview was started with my background discipline basically is what i have learnt back in the university, my strength and weakness and elaborate my personality, moving on to my previous job experience and methods of solving problem and the reason of leaving my previous company.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Wilbur-Ellis in July 2011.

Interview

I found out about the company through a recruiter, and was able to learn more about their products and what they are active in on their website.
    the first step was a personally test and IQ test, both done online, then was a interview with 3 people on the phone from their end, the Division manager, HR manager and senior sales manager. The phone conversation was about an hour long. They already had a copy of my resume however I went through it again and clarified a few things. Keep time spent going over your resume to a minimum, it’s just a waste of their time. They then asked me about travel (yes you will travel). They were all easy to talk to and liked well-formulated responses. After this phone interview the next week I was scheduled to have a 30 min talk to another manager, keeping answers focused and well rehearsed is advised.

Almost everyone in the company comes from an agro background and many used to work on farm’s. a salt of the earth type personality is quite everywhere. However the office structure is also very present.

I was always responded to quickly, usually in less then one day if I was moving forward or not.

Interview Questions

• What are your thoughts about the millennials generation?   1 Answer
    • What type of community involvement do you partake in?   Answer Question

Negotiation

This was a uniform offer, no negotiation for salary, but was reimbursed for relocation expenses.