William Blair Interview Questions

Updated Apr 20, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 102 of over 102 interviews

2.9
HardAverageEasy

Featured Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 1 week. I interviewed at William Blair (Chicago, IL) in Nov 2016

Interview

They start with an HR phone screen that is mainly focused on your "story". If that goes well you'll have another phone screen with a current analyst. There was a mix of technical and behavioral questions. If that goes well you'll go to their offices for a multi-interview superday.

Interview Questions
  • Walk me through how an increase of $10 in depreciation flows through the financial statements
    Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at William Blair (San Francisco, CA) in Apr 2021

Interview

Applied online, completed suited assessment and recieved and invitation for a 30 minute video interview. About 3 days later I received an invitation for a 2.5 hour video superday. Received word about my candidacy around a week later

Interview Questions
  • Walk me through your resume.
  • What do you know about William blair/Why william blair?
  • Walk me through an LBO and this LBO case study
  • What companies are good targets for an LBO?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at William Blair (Chicago, IL) in Mar 2021

Interview

2 rounds : first is video interview where you do very high level behavioral questions and go straight into technicals of a LBO Case study. Asked questions on my background to try to drill you. Final round was suppose to be a Supper day but did not make it that far unfortunately. Overall, good learning experience.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

William Blair

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at William Blair in Mar 2021

Interview

The interview process is very structured, with planned sessions for networking with current people at Blair which leads to the next round. However, I reached out to a lot of people at the firm. They noticed me and offered an early interview.

Interview Questions
  • Standard character interview process. They ask you what led you to consider banking as a career. However, they do not give internship opportunities to those who have graduated already.

William Blair

Application

I interviewed at William Blair

Interview

It was very friendly in general. It is a great company with collaborative culture. I interviewed for an IT role but didn’t get it but really enjoyed how fast they moved along the process

Interview Questions
  • Some basic technical and some questions about my past experience

William Blair

Application

I interviewed at William Blair

Interview

The interview experience was quite enjoyable and exiciting. Each interviewer was personable which reflects the great culture at the firm. Overall, it was a great experience and highly recommend the firm.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

William Blair

Application

I interviewed at William Blair

Interview

After I applied, I received two phone interviews as my first round. I then earned my super-day with WB (consisting of 4 interviews). Overall, the process was positive and timely.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

William Blair

Application

I interviewed at William Blair

Interview

It was nice. The HR interview was very straightforward and the questions were very to the point and typical behavioral questions. Very nice employees and were very open to taking about their experiences and allowing me to ask questions. The experience overall was really good and very easy to navigate.

Interview Questions
  • Why do you want to work at William Blair?

William Blair

Application

I interviewed at William Blair

Interview

Phone call screening with recruiter, followed by 2 rounds of interviews with future team members and stakeholders. Although I didn't receive an offer, I appreciated the communication about the interviews.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

William Blair

Application

I interviewed at William Blair

Interview

1st round telephone interview followed by assessment centre. Telephone interview was focused on 'fit' questions rather than technical ones - be prepared to talk about why you are interested in working at a boutique; why you are interested in a position at WB over one of its competitors; what industry trends you are interested in - favourite William Blair transaction in the industry and why, etc.

Interview Questions
  • 1) Why boutique over bulge-bracket? 2) Why William Blair over one of our competitors? 3) Favourite William Blair transaction and why?

William Blair

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at William Blair in Jan 2021

Interview

first round => python coding + machine learning each 15 min second round(final round) => more machine learning + project experience + case study + behavioral each 15 min It's a good process and the interviewers are nice

Interview Questions
  • what's the difference between RF and LR Difference between underfitting and overfitting ...
Viewing 1 - 10 of 102 Interviews