William Blair Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

1. Featured Interview

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at William Blair (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Easy, no organized structure Met with HR, and a couple of IT managers. Discussed enviroment and future needs. Was offered a position the next morning. I negotiated more vacation time successfully.

Negotiation

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at William Blair (Chicago, IL) in September 2017.

Interview

Two phone interviews followed up by a Superday in the Chicago office. The Superday was 5 interviews, some behavioral, some technical, and an informal lunch with 2 analysts. Really great Superday experience.

Interview Questions

• How would you value that coffee shop across the street?   Answer Question

William Blair Response

Sep 22, 2017 – Recruiter

We are glad to hear your Superday experience was informative and engaging. Thank you for sharing your feedback.

Internal Wholesaler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at William Blair (Chicago, IL) in July 2017.

Interview

Standard phone screen with HR, then an in person interview with the head of the department and then their most tenured person at the desk, who also acts as the sales manager. Questions were not extremely in depth or testing of skills. Really more learning about me as person and how I conducted my day to day in the same role (lateral movement on my part).

Interview Questions

William Blair Response

Sep 14, 2017 – Recruiter

Thank you for taking the time to share your interview experience. We appreciate your interest our firm and hope you were able to take away something beneficial.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at William Blair (Chicago, IL).

Interview

easy and straight forward, no trick questions and with good follow up by Blair. Talked with about 7 people, all very nice and seemed happy to be working at the firm. Seemed like a very educated crowd. Midwest nice but smart and well informed.

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at William Blair (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Long - many layers. I interviewed with a total of 5 different teams and multiple times within two teams. I did two separate projects for each team and eventually got the offer for the team I wanted to get on. It is a long process

Interview Questions

• What skills do you have? Do you know how to model? How interested are you in this sector? What have you done?   Answer Question

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

The interview was okay; everyone at the firm was very nice. 2 rounds of phone interviews followed by an on-site superday in Chicago headquarter; 6 rounds of intense interviews on the final round.

Private Client Advisor Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at William Blair (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I spoke with HR once just running over my resume, then my direct boss for the summer contacted me over the phone. He asked mostly personality questions. He waiting for me to contact him twice before he responded (He told me later this was a test of my client relation skills). Then I was brought to Chicago to have a face-to-face. About three weeks later I got the call that I got the internship.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the markets?   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at William Blair (Chicago, IL) in November 2016.

Interview

On campus recruiting with 2 of the analysts. Got invited to a super day 3 days later, which consisted of 5 back-to-back interviews with mostly MDs. People were really friendly and easy to talk to, they really emphasize on the culture.

Interview Questions

• Very fit-based questions. Why banking? Why Blair? Why Chicago?   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at William Blair (Chicago, IL) in November 2016.

Interview

It is 2 phone interviews and 1 in person interview. Very difficult interview with many technical questions. Spent 3 minutes talking about my resume and the rest of the time was spent asking technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Why do we use a discount rate and what discount rate would you use in a real life situation?   Answer Question

Research Librarian Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at William Blair.

Interview

The interview was cordial and professional. I interviewed with both the recruiter and the hiring manager. The hiring manager provided a detailed description of the job environment and responsibilities and was interested in my experiences and how they related to the position. The recruiter asked behavioral interviewing questions. Direct experience in a similar position was very important to the hiring manager. In lieu of that, specific grad school courses for newly minted MLIS students.

Interview Questions

• What was the most difficult thing you've ever had to do professionally?   Answer Question