Williams Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 6, 2017

2.8

Records Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Williams (Houston, TX) in October 2017.

Interview

First they stated that I need to do the video interview I did and was ask for a second interview well that's where I should have said no because I did and now I am paying for it they insisted that they inform my employer, at first I said no but on the second asking I said yes and now just for doing this interview my supervisor got fired and I might be next.

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Williams.

Interview

I met them at my University career fair and I was sent an invitation to complete a Hirevue Video Interview because I stood out to them and they wanted to know more about me.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself and why you want to Intern with Williams   Answer Question

Diversity & Inclusion Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Williams (Tulsa, OK) in September 2017.

Interview

Received an email a few days after submitting my application to complete a virtual interview, which had 5 questions that you submit by video. The video is then sent to a group of HR people who review the responses and decide on next steps.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time that you achieved something when no one else could.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stillwater, OK

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Williams (Stillwater, OK) in September 2017.

Interview

I met a few of their employees at my university's career fair and had established what I considered to be fairly good rapport with more than a few of them. Shortly after the career fair, I received an emailing stating that I had been selected for a preliminary "virtual interview". The virtual interview consisted of having the question presented to you. After being given 30 seconds to think about your answer, you had a total of 3 attempts to record your answers, which could range anywhere from 2-4 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you dealt with a difficult shareholder.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stillwater, OK

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Williams (Stillwater, OK) in September 2017.

Interview

the process consisted of an online hirevue screener and then i was contacted 2 weeks later that i had been selected to have an on campus interview the upcoming week. It was not particularly hard but they only wanted the best

Interview Questions

• What was one time you took a stance against something unsafe   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Williams (Salt Lake City, UT).

Interview

Met with Williams recruiters at the University Job Fair in the fall. They recommended I apply for an upcoming summer internship online. The in person interview was on the University campus.

Interview Questions

• Mostly HR and personality questions. Very few engineering questions. One question was project related; If you were to design a Compressor Station from scratch, where would you start? I think they were looking for a project management answer/ scope, schedule, budget.   Answer Question

Category Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Williams (Tulsa, OK).

Interview

The interview process started with basic phone screen followed by a video interview. I was supposed to record answers to three questions. Each answer was supposed to be no longer than three minutes with three attempts for each answer.

Shortly thereafter, I was invited for an in-person on-site interview. It was supposed to be conducted by a hiring manager and two of his direct reports. One of the direct reports didn't participate because something was going on. The interview lasted for one hour and was the shallowest interview I have ever had. I had an impression that neither of the individuals were comfortable interviewing.

Shortly after the on-site interview, I received an offer and had several conversations with the hiring manager trying to get more clarity about the position, the future of the department, work environment, etc. I attempted to negotiate the offer with the hiring manager, but he said that "for his sake and for the sake of hist team" he could not improve the offer. At the end, not a single item of the offer was improved and I declined.

Procurement Specialist II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Williams (Tulsa, OK) in July 2017.

Interview

Received a link and instructions to do an online recorded interview. Questions were straightforward and standard for interviews. It was odd answering questions and recording myself but you are allowed to go back once or twice to re-record if things didn't go well.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Williams in July 2017.

Interview

I received a call from HR asking me some very basic questions (pay, experience with various areas). Two weeks later I was emailed a link to do an online interview which is a program that asks you six questions and after each question you record your answer on video. About three weeks later I received an invitation to interview. The interview scheduler said they couldn't schedule it on a particular day because everyone worked a 9/80 (found out that wasn't true during the interview).
    The interview was scheduled for 90 minutes but they asked maybe 30 minutes worth of questions. I spent 20 minutes asking questions about the responsibilities of the position, training opportunities, safety programs and other things. It was a panel interview with one person phoning in from a work site. They each took questions asking very bland behavioral questions. They seemed like decent people but I felt like the manager was upset that I asked questions for more than 10 minutes or else he already had his mind made up on the second of four days of interviews. I received a not interested email four days later. I've been interested in working for this company for about 10 years but after this experience I doubt I'll ever apply with them again, it felt like a disorganized waste of time.

Interview Questions

• What is the biggest regret in your career?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a program that your were responsible for implementing.   Answer Question

Communications Specialist Interview

Interview

There was an one hour interview with the hiring manager and an one hour interview the team. The team members were genuine, but I was under the impression the hiring manager was distracted by personal and daily activities. There was one instance during the interview that the manager picked up the cell phone to address a text message and later apologized for the distraction. Although I was told I would receive notification regarding the outcome of the interview, I never received a response but since moved on to other prospects. Was quite surprised by the experience.