Williams Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Williams Interview Questions

Updated Apr 20, 2017

2.8

Engineer I Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Williams.

Interview

I was invited to interview on campus recruiting in 2012. The interview was 1:1 and the guy who interviewed me was not professional. I was in a engineering group in college for minorities and the first thing he said, is "You don't look hispanic" very rude. When we started the interview he put gum in his mouth and proceeded to smack the gum throughout my interview, at the end of it he said "Your resume is impressive, I have no doubt you will get a great opportunity" I was sent an automatic response about a month later after following up with him and no response twice, that I didn't get the job. Well of course not. He was horrible.

Plant Oerator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Casper, WY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Williams (Casper, WY) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied through the companies website and then given an "interview" online where you film yourself and send it in. This was my first time doing this type of interview and watching yourself is probably more awkward that being face to face. However, you are given up to 3 chances to answer each question. Next step is the face to face interview

Operations Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Williams in March 2017.

Interview

Applied online, took about 2 weeks to do an interview through a 3rd party company, took about 2/3 weeks to get a call for a panel interview with a few supervisors, then another 3 weeks to find out I didn't get the job

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest mistake and how did you learn from it?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Williams (Houston, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

Got an email for a video interview where they record you answering a few questions and never heard back. You basically get 3 attempts to answer a question and they take the response you choose. It's very impersonal because you are just talking to a camera. I wasn't a fan of it.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you failed and how you responded.   Answer Question

Information Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Williams (Houston, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

Mostly behavioral questions. There were 5 questions virtually and you can answer them 3 times each. There was also practice questions before the real ones. This was the first round interview.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a challange you had to face and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norman, OK

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Williams (Norman, OK) in September 2016.

Interview

I was emailed that they reviewed my resume and were intersted in me as a candidate, they attached a virtual interview link via hire vue on the email, the interview was four questions and this is just the first interview step, theirs still a face to face interview questions were behavioral questions.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Williams in September 2016.

Interview

I applied through my school career website and got an interview. I also talked to them at the career fair. I had an interview on campus and it was me and two other Williams employees. It was a very comfortable interview and very conversational. They asked basic behavioral questions and were not trying to grill me. Very nice people as well, did not try to intimidate me.

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Williams in September 2016.

Interview

First interview was a quick recorded session on the computer. Second round was in person with two engineers. Very easy going interview. Received an offer within 6 days and accepted.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Williams.

Interview

Talked about my resume and their job description in detail. A few behavior questions. Everyone was very nice. More like a friendly conversation than an interview. Lasted over an hour

Contracts Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Williams (Houston, TX).

Interview

Initial is a phone screen with corporate HR, 1st interview is panel with hiring manager, local HR and maybe one peer and the 2nd call back is offer. After offer there's drug screen and orientation.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle conflict? Tell us about a time you had a disagreement with your supervisor and how you handled it?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about yourself?   Answer Question
    • Team member or work alone?   Answer Question