Wilson Sporting Goods Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Wilson Sporting Goods Interview Questions

3.1

Social Media Strategist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Wilson Sporting Goods in August 2015.

Interview

Spoke with a nice man who was conducting the interviews. He kept reminding me of how many people had applied which kind of made me lose my confidence. The questions he asked were those you would expect from a first interview via the phone.

Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Wilson Sporting Goods (Chicago, IL) in December 2014.

Interview

The interview process started with a phone interview. This led to an intense in person interview with 4 people that took over four hours. Each interviewer was someone that I would end up working with directly on a day to day basis. Everyone was extremely nice and showed an interest in the ideas that I had brought to the table.

Interview Questions

• How well do you work with others and have you ever been part of a team environment at work?   Answer Question

Product Manager/Market Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Wilson Sporting Goods (Chicago, IL) in November 2014.

Interview

Had a 45 minute phone interview with an HR rep. Then had an in-person interview at their facility on the outskirts of Chicago with 3 different managers in the Research and Development group. After the interview I thought I was the leading candidate, but they took their time deciding and I had another offer on the table that was more money. Appeared to be a cool role.

Interview Questions

• Standard personality and fit questions. Past experience and how it would relate to success in Product Research role.   Answer Question

Grassroots Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wilson Sporting Goods.

Interview

Four hour interview with four departments. Regional and National sales managers, Marketing, and HR consultant. Friendly and informative interview process

Interview Questions

• HR Consultant, write out a few sentences describing most difficult aspect of current job   Answer Question

Business Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Wilson Sporting Goods (Chicago, IL) in March 2012.

Interview

I was interviewed by the head of HR, then by the two managers I was going to work under. I was first called by the head of HR and was asked basic personal information and little things about me. I was then invited into the office about a week later. I sat down with the head of HR and she asked basic interview questions about skills, strengths, weaknesses, etc. After she was done asking me questions the two business managers that I would be working under and asked questions about previous experience and other questions regarding my resume. They then asked questions about why I wanted the internship, what I was looking for during the internship, and if I had any questions for them. They asked about my availability and how much I was able to work during 2 and half month internship.

Territory Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Wilson Sporting Goods (Dallas, TX) in April 2011.

Interview

Met with Regional Sales Manager and National Sales Manager. Because the job is based in a territory that interviewed at a hotel. Spent 45 minutes answering questions. Typically, the Regional would interview you first and then you would fly to Chicago to interview with National a Sales Manager...it just happened to work out that I was able to do both in 1 day.

Interview Questions

• One key question that was asked was how would you handle having a large territory and how would you get to every account?   1 Answer

Territory Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tustin, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wilson Sporting Goods (Tustin, CA) in March 2009.

Interview

Interviewed with Regional Manager and then went back to corporate offices in Chicago and met with CEO

Interview Questions

• Nothing too difficult just reviewed my sales experience and how I would approach managing the territory.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not much negotiation. They are not flexible on their compensation, same for all reps.

Service Interview

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Wilson Sporting Goods in February 2011.

Interview

Phone then one on one. Great people. Quick interview.