Wilsons The Leather Experts Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Wilsons The Leather Experts Interview Questions

Updated May 9, 2017

2.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverhead, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wilsons The Leather Experts (Riverhead, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied online, and I received a call about a week and a half later to come in for an interview. The interview itself was pretty easy and laid back.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurnee, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Wilsons The Leather Experts (Gurnee, IL).

Interview

The interview is over an hour long but it was good and very comfortable. The district manager made me feel at ease but yet I was sharp on answering the questions I was given.

Interview Questions

• What are your strong and weak points. What are you doing to improve both points?   Answer Question

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cabazon, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Wilsons The Leather Experts (Cabazon, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

It was a group interview with the store manager. We were asked basic questions about customer service and how we would contribute to working for the company. Overall, it was not a difficult interview. Make sure you research the company before going in and answer all the questions as honest and professional as possible.

Interview Questions

• If you are having difficulty with a customer question, how would you go about resolving or finding the answer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dawsonville, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Wilsons The Leather Experts (Dawsonville, GA) in October 2015.

Interview

The application was somewhat extensive, but the interview was very easy. Just several availability questions since I was hired seasonally, then hired on regular staff after the holiday season. I interviewed in the back office with the acting general manager at the time. She was very enthusiastic and seemed very happy to have more students at the workplace.

Manager In Training/Keyholder Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Wilsons The Leather Experts (Saint Louis, MO) in August 2015.

Interview

Two interviews, one with the store manager and the second with the district manager. Great interviews with personal questions about the applicant that had me getting to know the management as well.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Wilsons The Leather Experts (San Diego, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

One lady interviewed me and another sat and observed the interview and suggested questions. There were a lot of questions. Many of them about personal experiences with work, team building, unfair employers, or difficult fellow employees/people, how you handled it, etc. The lady observing the interview goaded the interviewer to ask hard questions. It was a little uncomfortable. There were I couple of questions that I could have answered better. They will ask you to sell them a pen, I messed up a little and they laughed a bit. They were nice, but I felt very judged and I felt slightly uncomfortable. But, it was also my first time ever interviewing for a retail job ever. Still, nonetheless, it was not a great experience :(

Interview Questions

• When was a time you had to deal with a difficult person, how did you deal with it?
      They will ask you to sell a pen to them.
      What are your favorite fashion trends?
      What is something in your closet that you cannot let go of?
      Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Williamsburg, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Wilsons The Leather Experts (Williamsburg, IA) in March 2015.

Interview

Didn't give enough info about the duties of the manager. Basically just wanted someone that was reliable to open, close, count money, and sell stuff. The store was cluttered with product and the lights were dingy giving the store a depressing atmosphere

Anonymous Employee in Lake Arrowhead, San Bernardino, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wilsons The Leather Experts (Lake Arrowhead, San Bernardino, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

I originally applied as a sales associate, after hire, I was promoted within my store twice within my first year and a half working there.
    For sales associate, you submit an application, and resume, after filtering, you are interviewed by store manager or assistant store manager and asked a series of questions about your work place experience.
    For management, you do the same application process, then for MT you interview with the store manager or district manager, for ASM or SSM, you interview with current store manager and the DSM

Interview Questions

• Describe to me a situation where your were working with a group project and didn't all agree on the way to approach it/complete it, and how you overcame the circumstance.   Answer Question
    • (For entry level employees) Were you apart of a team or group, and had to work closely with others?   Answer Question
    • (For management) Describe a circumstance where you had an aggressive customer and how you turned the situation around to become a positive.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Woodstock, GA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Wilsons The Leather Experts (Woodstock, GA) in June 2014.

Interview

Applied at a job fair. Got an on the spot interview. Manager was very professional and courteous. Got a call back with an offer. Was a member of initial grand opening team. Started at above minimum wage.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurnee, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Wilsons The Leather Experts (Gurnee, IL) in May 2014.

Interview

I was referred by a current employee that I previously worked with. I filled out the application and turned in my resume to the Store Manager which immediately scheduled me for an interview. The interview was very engaging and explained the responsibilities of the position I applied for, also the kind of leader the store manager was looking for. A few days later I was contacted by the District manager for an interview. I met with her in store and this too was a great experience in which the DM was looking to get to know my style and work ethic along with past experiences. I was then called back by the store manager with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had a conflict with another peer at work and what you did to handle the situation.   Answer Question

Negotiation

With no past management experience, I believe I was offered a fair hourly wage and no negotiation was needed.