Windsor Communities Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Windsor Communities Interview Questions

2.9

Property Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Windsor Communities (Denver, CO) in February 2015.

Interview

The hiring process was straightforward. I received prompt responses after each step and was impressed with the level of professionalism. First was a phone interview then set up an on location interview.

Interview Questions

• How would my prior experience translate to property management?   1 Answer

Property Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Windsor Communities.

Interview

Be prepared for a lot of interviews. You meet with HR, the regional manager and another manager and the VP for the region. Then there is psychological testing and personality testing and then of course background and drug testing. It's quite the process. In the end it's worth it but it proved very difficult because I was employed at the time so having to take time off work for the interviews was tough. They also ask you to drive to a property that you may not even be working at to meet the needs of the regional team.

Interview Questions

• A lot of budget questions.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiations. It was either accept or move on.

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Windsor Communities (Baltimore, MD) in August 2014.

Interview

I applied online from the Windsor website and the next day the HR manager e-mailed to schedule a phone interview for the following day. After talking on the phone for 20 minutes she wanted to schedule an on-site interview with the divisional manager, which happened to be later that same day. I talked to two managers and it was very conversational and easy-going. They were very warm and welcoming and it was not stressful.
     The next day I was contacted to schedule an interview with the site manager for the site I would be potentially working at, which happened a few days later. Again, very welcoming, she asked me a few questions and we went over my education/experience and then she took me on a tour of the site. Two days later I received and offer letter.

Interview Questions

• If you could buy one skill that you do not posses, what would it be?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I received the offer and am planning on accepting, but in the process of reviewing the letter and then trying to negotiate, so we will see!

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Windsor Communities.

Interview

The hiring process consisted of three interviews. One was an on campus interview. The second on-site. The third at the Boston headquarters. Several standard interview questions.The entire process was about 2 months.

Interview Questions

• The interviews were very conversational. There were not any unex[ected questions that one would not encounter in some variation in other interviews.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Providence, RI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Windsor Communities (North Providence, RI) in May 2014.

Interview

I was contacted through email, after having submitted a resume, and invited to a phone interview. The phone interview was brief but went well and I was later invited to an in person interview. That interview was filled with your general interview questions, I was given a tour through the location and everything went very well. It was even stated during the interview, that they liked my qualifications for the role and that they wanted to set up another interview. I was given a date and asked if it would be okay for me. When I agreed I was told that they weren't sure of the time that the interviewer would be available on that day, so I was told they would be in touch to update me with a time. I was given the interviewers business card and we parted ways.

I was excited following the meeting, thinking that I had a good shot at this position. Well the day that I had been given had come and gone, still no contact. I tried reaching out through email, received no contact. I tried calling and got one of the other employees. I explained why I was calling and they went to speak with the person I had interviewed with. I was advised they were in a meeting and would get back to me. No contact again for the rest of that day, and then the following day I received an email with the first person that I had the phone interview with explaining that they were moving forward with another candidate.

Needless to say I was very upset. I don't feel like this was handled professionally at all. I understand that not everyone is the right fit for a position, but to be told directly that I was to have a follow up interview and then essentially ignored was, in my eyes, very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• What do you feel has given you the experience to excel in this position?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Windsor Communities (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

It began with a phone interview, then a in-person interview with three different managers, then a week later the sent me an email offer. The interiew seemed very long and not organized. All-in-all it was an exciting and laid back interview. They were all nice and made me feel relaxed.

Interview Questions

Interview

Very smooth and stress-free. Never felt like I was being grilled or put on the spot and it was more like a simple conversation. Very quick turnaround time in getting response from management, very basic new hire process.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel your talents specifically are tailored to working at this specific property?   Answer Question

Maintenance Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orange, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Windsor Communities (Orange, CA) in June 2012.

Interview

An hour talking with regional maintenance after a knowledge test and personality test. Mostly asked how I would handle difficult situations and employees. Not much on my mechanical knowledge. Interviewed in their leasing office and met regional manager briefly who was very cold.

Interview Questions

• I came prepared so there were no unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Senior Marketing Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Windsor Communities (Atlanta, GA) in April 2012.

Interview

Very welcoming and personal, my phone interview went well and they offered me and in person interview without having to wait to hear back from them. Once I went in, I sat down one on one and before being interviewed, we had personal discussions about my personality and my experience in school and previous employment. This helped with the interview process. I also met everyone in the office as well.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you received great customer service.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Windsor Communities (Washington, DC) in December 2011.

Interview

First I had a phone interview with one of the recruiters in Boston. I guess she liked what she heard and sent my information to regional in Arlington. The called me to schedule and interview. I went up three times to meet with different property managers--all were very upbeat and generally seemed like the cared! They asked me to join their team pending background and drug test.

A week later I was hired! I have been working here for a year and the company treats you well!

Interview Questions

• How Would I react to a certain situations   1 Answer
    • What are some past experiences I've had where I had to deal with a difficult customer, and how did I deal with it   1 Answer

Negotiation

N/A