Winston-Salem State University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Winston-Salem State University Interview Questions

Interviews at Winston-Salem State University

Helpdesk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Winston-Salem, NC

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Winston-Salem State University (Winston-Salem, NC) in August 2011.

Interview

The interview panel consists of 4-5 members. They ask you why you want to work with the helpdesk and ask several questions to gauge your understanding of the skills necessary to perform the job. Another question your asked is the standard tell us about a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer. If your brought in for the interview, you basically have to screw up the interview to not get the job. Business casual dress recommended.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Winston-Salem State University (Greensboro, NC) in May 2015.

Interview

1st interview was with group of 6 members from various offices headed by the chancellor. The
    2nd interview was with the AVC, his direct report. The interview process with the group consisted of approximately 5 questions from each person. The 2nd interview with the AVC was shorter and I really felt that she did not engage me.

Interview Questions

• Explain your experience. What do you like about current job. What do you not like. How do you handle stress.   1 Answer

Assistant Professor, Computer Science Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winston-Salem, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Winston-Salem State University (Winston-Salem, NC) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview process was a virtual, on-line Skype interview. There were several persons on the other end however they were not visible to me. That was a new experience. It was interesting how interviews are done now.

Interview Questions

• How well handle pressure in office setting.   1 Answer

Evening and Weekend Reference Librarian Interview

Anonymous Employee in Winston-Salem, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Winston-Salem State University (Winston-Salem, NC) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview lasted all day from 8am-5pm. When I arrived I met the director, and assistant directors. I received a tour of the campus, and then I had to do a 45 minute to an hour presentation in front of the entire library staff. Afterwards I went out to eat with a couple of librarians and the director. Then I had to sit through two different committees that asked at least 8 interview questions a piece (total of 16 questions combined with both committees).

Interview Questions

• Why would you be a good fit for the library?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Winston-Salem State University in May 2017.

Interview

Research Demonstration, Teaching Demonstration; campus tour and multiple interviews with faculty and administration. Students also evaluated my teaching demonstration. The interview with direct and I did well. I would recommend crafting a coherent narrative of teaching, research and service duties and to have handouts to facilitate teaching demonstration.

Interview Questions

• Describe the relationship among teaching, research, and service   Answer Question

Library Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Winston-Salem State University in November 2011.

Interview

I interviewed for a paraprofessional position with a minimum high school diploma requirement, with a preference for a college degree. I possess a BA, and several years experience for the position I applied for. First, everyone at the university I encountered was kind and respectful. However, many of the in depth questions asked at the interview were Master's level questions, and I know even people who have many years prior experience would have found difficulty in answering. Having actually held the same position prior at another university, I knew what the job entailed and honestly anyone with a week's training and no library experience at all could have it down pat. I think there is a lot of internal politics into who gets hired at this institution. I think it was a complete waste of time and effort on my part.

Interview Questions

• How does the Library of Congress formulate its call number system?   Answer Question