Winston & Strawn Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

Sort:

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Winston & Strawn (Charlotte, NC) in July 2013.

Interview

Got opportunity to interview through a recruiter. It was a pretty laid back interview with 7 people. Only one of the attorneys was annoying with obvious questions that was self explanatory from my résumé. I got really good vibes from the atmosphere of the firm and the Office Adminstrator was great.

Interview Questions

• They didn't really ask me questions, it was more conversation base.   Answer Question

They really stressed overtime and although I don't mind working it - I felt like they didn't offer me much flexibility.

Staff Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Winston & Strawn.

Interview

An overdue review, but this place has an archaic interview process. It took everything I had to not walk out when I saw their employment application that referenced shorthand and dictation. Then there is a typing test that you MUST score high before you get through to test for more "current" computer applications. The typing test had a format to read from that was in a large type set as if it was reading it off a large floppy disk from the early 80's. The other tests were simple that you would expect in today's "modern" environment. I lost total interest in the Company after this initial interview interview.

Accounts Payable Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Winston & Strawn (Chicago, IL) in November 2011.

Interview

Asked basic questions. Made sure you had some knowledge of field.

Technical Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Winston & Strawn (Chicago, IL) in January 2015.

Interview

I meet with HR, then with the director and then with the manager. HR was just normal questions. When meeting with the Director, she kept writing things down, and seem very distracted and disinterested in hearing what I was saying or my questions. The manager, he was awesome! We had a great discussion about the position, and he even stated to me, "You did great and interviewed very well". Overall, it was an ok interview. But even after they stated that I would hear something from them, I never did. Even sent follow up emails, and still never heard back.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a situation that you had to deal with an angry customer.   1 Answer

Winston & Strawn Response

Mar 2, 2016 – Sr. Recruitment Specialist

At the conclusion of the interview process for a particular position, it is Winston & Strawn’s standard practice to send a letter via email to all candidates who did not receive an offer of... More

Legal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Winston & Strawn (Chicago, IL).

Interview

The interview process initially went well. I met with a senior personnel in the human resources department. Standard questions, and felt comfortable with the questions. I then met with the manager and another senior for the department I was applying for. Conversation went well and talked about qualifications.

It all went downhill on the follow up I sent them. The first one I sent shortly after was not answered. The second follow up a week later was not responded to...ever.

Summer Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Winston & Strawn.

Interview

Screening Interview on campus: Basic by the book personality questions

Very nice interviewer, just slightly awkward because she was just reciting questions. Wasn't fun or personable like other interviews.

Interview Questions

• Greatest thing you have accomplished?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Winston & Strawn (Chicago, IL) in May 2012.

Interview

The interviewers were really nice. I got this interview through a referral. I had a private interview with someone from Human resources. Then i had another interview with 3 other managers/directors

Interview Questions

• What do you expect to get out of this internship? What value will you bring to the table.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I interviewed at Winston & Strawn (Chicago, IL) in August 2011.

Interview

On campus interview with two attorneys at my law school. I received a call back a couple of days later. I was interviewed by 4 attorneys during the call back, and I had lunch with 2 associates following the interviews. All questions were reasonable and all associates and partners I met with were great.

Interview Questions

• What do I like to do in my free time?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Winston & Strawn (Chicago, IL) in September 2014.

Interview

20-minute screening interview. Callback interview consists of five-to-six 30-minute interviews. Most of my interviews were conversational, and I made sure to ask as many questions about what it is like to work at the firm. Everyone was pleasant and engaging. I felt like each interviewer showed genuine interest in the process and what I had to say.

Interview Questions

• I was asked a couple unexpected questions (e.g., what is a current book you're reading, and what do you think about it?) But otherwise, the questions were focused on my past experience and on what interests me (i.e., practice areas).   Answer Question

Senior Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Winston & Strawn (Washington, DC) in February 2018.

Interview

Interview with HR Specialist and Paralegal Coordinator via video link. Overview of the firm and the improvements made over the last year. In depth review of individual experience based on resume.

Interview Questions

• Discussion of Litigation experience based on resume   1 Answer