Wireless Zone Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Wireless Zone Interview Questions

Updated Mar 17, 2017

1.9

Sales Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Wireless Zone.

Interview

Met with district manager. It was very casual. Asked about sales experience and got to know me. Overall more like a conversation than being drilled on my work history. I was called back within a week to offer me the job.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable making phone calls?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Sewell, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Wireless Zone (Sewell, NJ) in February 2016.

Interview

A friend knew of an open position in the store. I called in and inquired about the position. Spoke with the owner/senior manager and set up a date to come in. I went in and had a very informal/laid back interview with the owner/senior manager and then the store manager came in and asked follow up questions. We spoke about my previous experience, salary, and the schedule/job I was looking for. After about 2 days I was hired and I started the training process about a week later.

Anonymous Employee in Sewell, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Wireless Zone (Sewell, NJ) in December 2015.

Interview

Got a call on a Thursday to come in for interview on Friday. Then had the second interview/meeting on Monday where i was offered the position. Went through training the following week. Very simple and straight to the point process

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Wireless Zone in September 2015.

Interview

Few basic questions, wanting to make sure general knowledge of the job responsibilities needed for job. Knowledge of the industry is recommended but not required.

Make sure you carry yourself in a positive light and always strive to go the extra mile!

Interview Questions

• What would you say the most effective way to see tablets and other devices to customers?   1 Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Wireless Zone.

Interview

The manager didn't even remember we had an interview set up and told me this when I arrived. So from that moment on he was distracted from the interview. His phone was constantly vibrating and he kept checking it. Employee popping their head in asking him questions while I'm in the middle of answering a question. Unprofessional and the pay didn't sound promising. Seems very commission-based meanwhile most customers go to Verizon stores.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you consistently got your sales taken from you by another employee?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Naples, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Wireless Zone (Naples, FL) in February 2015.

Interview

Good interview process. Had 2 interviews. A sick questions about sales. No drug test, minor background check. Seemed a bit too eager to hire new employees with how eager they were to fire the same new employees. Like a revolving door of new co workers. Simple questions during interview although the interviewer seemed quite new to the position.

Anonymous Employee in Macomb, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Wireless Zone (Macomb, MI) in January 2015.

Interview

Standard retail interview. Pass an assessment, call in for an interview, pass background check. There were a lot of behavior questions and tell me about a time ... questions. I would recommend showing up a few minutes early for the interview.

Interview Questions

• What kind of phone do you use and what do you like about it?   Answer Question

Management Interview

Interview

One on one interview to find out more personality and background. Majority of questions were based off of past experience and how you handle certain situations. Overall had a great time and was conducted very professional

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wireless Zone in November 2014.

Interview

Initiated by being contacted through a representation from Indeed.com. Took online personality test through Verizon hiring portal. Had first phone interview within a week. First face to face a week later. Second interview was scheduled two days after first face to face. Was told throughout the interview process, by all parties that the position started at $30k/year plus benefits/commission. Midway through the second interview, the interviewers informed me I would be hired as a "sales associate" for $8+/hour with commission. Needless to say, I stopped the interview and decline to continue.

Interview Questions

• None, questions were predominantly standard fare for management positions: tell us about yourself, what could you bring to the store, tell us about challenging scenarios you've encountered.   1 Answer

Position offered was not what was advertised, nor what was offered during initial interviews. Pay was far, far below industry standard, even for full time sales associates. I also had other offers on the table with far greater salary.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Wireless Zone (Philadelphia, PA) in October 2014.

Interview

There was a basic face to face interview in the back room of the store. The interviewer was sursprised that I arrived to the interview in a shirt and tie, and noted that they have a lot of turnover. Not a good first impression.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any commission sales experience?   Answer Question
    • Convince me to switch to Verizon even though my service may be more expensive than my current carrier.   Answer Question
    • Convince me to add insurance to a device even though I have never had an issue with a broken or lost device.   Answer Question