Wireless Zone Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Wireless Zone Interview Questions

Interviews at Wireless Zone

1.8

Sort:

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wireless Zone.

Interview

Very straight forward, asked about sales experience and what sets me apart. Asked about leadership skills and organizational skills as well. Very laid back and conversational. DM was big on making the company appear much more structured than it actually was.

Interview Questions

• How would you sale this phone   1 Answer

Management Interview

Interview

One on one interview to find out more personality and background. Majority of questions were based off of past experience and how you handle certain situations. Overall had a great time and was conducted very professional

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wireless Zone in November 2014.

Interview

Initiated by being contacted through a representation from Indeed.com. Took online personality test through Verizon hiring portal. Had first phone interview within a week. First face to face a week later. Second interview was scheduled two days after first face to face. Was told throughout the interview process, by all parties that the position started at $30k/year plus benefits/commission. Midway through the second interview, the interviewers informed me I would be hired as a "sales associate" for $8+/hour with commission. Needless to say, I stopped the interview and decline to continue.

Interview Questions

• None, questions were predominantly standard fare for management positions: tell us about yourself, what could you bring to the store, tell us about challenging scenarios you've encountered.   1 Answer

Position offered was not what was advertised, nor what was offered during initial interviews. Pay was far, far below industry standard, even for full time sales associates. I also had other offers on the table with far greater salary.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Barrington, RI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Wireless Zone (Barrington, RI) in June 2009.

Interview

Initially will be reached through email, then a first interview with a Manager then a second with Director Level Managers

Negotiation

there was not a negotiation.

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Warren, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wireless Zone (Warren, PA) in January 2014.

Interview

Having prior experience, interview was a general sales interview. Interviewer had me sell them a phone, was very friendly and personable. Felt very welcome by regional and local leadership even before being hired. Actual interview was smooth and standard. Confidence and knowledge of the industry you're getting into are a must.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a customer that was about to walk out?   Answer Question

Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Wireless Zone.

Interview

Submitted my application (included resume and cover letter)
    Heard back about 1 week later for an interview
    Second interview scheduled 1 week after
    Job offer 1 week after 2nd interview
    Started job 3 days later (3 wk 3 days total)
    3 Weeks of paid training (no background check or drug testing)

Interview Questions

• What is more important, making the company money or treating customers well.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, I was sent an offer letter and it said it was non-negotiable.

Sales Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Wireless Zone.

Interview

Met with district manager. It was very casual. Asked about sales experience and got to know me. Overall more like a conversation than being drilled on my work history. I was called back within a week to offer me the job.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable making phone calls?   1 Answer

Sales Professional Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Wireless Zone (New York, NY) in September 2014.

Interview

They read all the interview off of a script. Anyone with half of a brain can land a job here. I don't think they honestly look at someone's qualifications before they hire.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austintown, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Wireless Zone (Austintown, OH) in February 2012.

Interview

Just asked you questions on previous experience and run of the mill "why do you want to work here" questions.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Quarryville, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Wireless Zone (Quarryville, PA) in June 2011.

Interview

I walked in for an interview that had already been set up over the phone with the store manager. We sat down and talked, I never even filled out an application. At the end, he offered me the job and asked when I'd like to start.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation, he offered me an hourly pay and it was a take it or leave it option.