WiseTech Global Interview Questions | Glassdoor

WiseTech Global Interview Questions

Updated Feb 14, 2017

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at WiseTech Global (Schaumburg, IL) in September 2015.

Interview

I had applied online and the recruiter called me up and set up a coding interview at their office location in Schaumburg, IL. It was a 8 hour long coding interview where I had to solve 3 assignments. The questions were pretty standard but cannot be disclosed due to their non-disclosure agreement. They have pretty high standards for the quality of their solutions.

Interview Questions

• Cannot be disclosed due to their non-disclosure agreement   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I interviewed at WiseTech Global (Sydney (Australia)) in January 2017.

Interview

From my point of view, I can say that it was an awesome experience! After a basic phone interview I was asked to on site coding interview. You should be well prepared to be able to finish all of tasks on time. If you coding on a daily basis and have essential knowledge about programming, you will finish all of the tasks on time.
    I could not finish all of the tasks and simply rejected. Actually if any body call him/her self as a good programmer should be able to finish the tests on time because the tests are not so much difficult. I think all of the tests were standard test.

I met many people in the company, all were nice and polite. It is one of my dream to work in such a huge company. I will apply again after some month.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at WiseTech Global (Sydney (Australia)) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied directly from their website. The whole process last about 3 weeks. The first step was a programming test in their office, 3 questions one by one, no internet was allowed. It takes a whole day, wile I finished at about 2pm. The questions are not very hard, but you need to have good logical thinking and nice idea. Then there was an online cognitive test. After that I had a face to face interview with 2 developing manager. I failed because my skill sets do not match their requirements.

Senior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at WiseTech Global (Sydney (Australia)) in August 2015.

Interview

It was very long and suspenseful! Especially since I was interviewing for other companies simultaneously, yet wanted this one more than the others. It mean't having to take the risk of rejecting the others if I truly wanted to wait, even if it was a rejection... thankfully the risk paid off! Before even being considered for the interview, my recruiter had to put me through an online exam, in order to prove my competency and their reputation as recruiters. I don't think they would have represented me if I got less than 90%, but thankfully that was the first stage done. After that there was a full day technical test on premise with no internet allowed! Excellent idea for pruning those who aren't coding on a day-to-day basis. After the test, the HR girl showed me around the office, which in itself was a behavioral interview. Very informal and appropriate. Then a phone test from the same HR girl. Then there was the Cognitive test, 50 questions in 20 mins! This was always going to be my failure since the more senior you become the less your brain reacts fast enough compared to all those fresh graduates! The key to passing was giving your brain the right exercise to prepare i.e. plenty of practice IQ tests, and sleep at 9pm the night before so you can do the test uninterrupted the next morning. Then there was a psychometric test which a few bonus cognitive ones un-timed in case you didn't go well in the timed test. The CEO is then presented with your portfolio, which is created by HR with all your exam results, resume, and profile picture. Then there was the final tour around the office with an informal conversation with the CEO to test your technical ability, (yes he is a technical CEO!) He gives the final approval... in total 7 stages!

Interview Questions

• When in the office for the technical test, what made you want to be part of the company?   Answer Question

Relationship Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at WiseTech Global (Sydney (Australia)) in February 2015.

Interview

When I stumbled across WiseTech Global on LinkedIn - I knew I wanted to apply. I reached out to their People and Culture team on LinkedIn, and they responded right away. We started with a phone chat where I didn't feel like I was just another number to them - like in so many cases when you are applying for a job. I had a great chat where I really had the chance to speak about where I was interested in heading with my career. They explained that they don't just hire to fill roles - but when they find the right people, they are willing to job sculpt around the right fit. And that's exactly what happened to me.

I was sent 2 assessments to complete before the Interview stage. They really invest in getting to know you, and don't miss a step! Everything was thoroughly explained to me. The tests were challenging, but they hire some amazing people - so I believe that what they're doing really works.

When I went to the office for the interview, I was first given a tour of the office space. I was shown different teams around the office, and introduced to some of the tools they are working on. I was sold! On top of being blown away by the space and the perks, the people were so friendly. What I liked the most about the office tour was how many people were collaborating on projects together. Almost 2/3 of the office were Software Developers, and you could tell they really cared about what they were working on. A Developer's dream workplace!

The interview itself was incredibly inspiring. I left the interview to head home and research some of the things we spoke about. I was privileged to be able to attend a tour with the CEO a week later - And started the following Monday!

The company is growing rapidly - and they want to hire the best Developers and the best employees. What a time to join! Be patient while they get to know you, and trust in their process. They have it down to a science, and it's very evident once you get started :)

Interview Questions

• What is most important to you for your career development?   Answer Question

Nov 29, 2015 – Recruitment

Thank you for sharing - great feedback

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at WiseTech Global (Sydney (Australia)) in October 2014.

Interview

Odd, long and isolated.

Fact:
    - I went into the Alexandria office in Sydney, Australia
    - Arrived at about 7:30am, had to wait around until someone opened the door for me
    - Waited until 8:00am to start my "interview"
    - Walked through the dev team, lots and lots of computer screens, talking and "team work"
    - Was briefed on the test, was told that "I had to clock out my toilet breaks", was told "theres a kitchen if I needed to make toast" and given a glass of water
    - "Interview" was in a room with no air conditioning and door was closed - I think it was a 36 degree celsius day
    - "Interview" was conducted on an IBM laptop that had some sort of virtual machine with some management software the recorded my screen and a TV that was mounted on the wall
    - Was given three coding "problems" to solve - had the whole day to solve three and that would be my "interview"
    - Decided not to do a lunch break and powered through all three problems - finished at about 4:30pm
    - Talked to a different receptionist who seemed to have rotated the initial receptionist I talked to in the morning
    - Decided to leave early since I hadn't gone for a lunch break and I lived in the west, meaning extra long travel time - was told "I would be gotten back to as CEO called the shots to the interview"
    - Was promised to receive an answer in November of the year 2014

Opinion:
    - It's been two years and I still haven't received anything from the CEO as to whether or not I passed the interview
    - Being in the room felt isolating and it felt so good to walk out and feel the air conditioning when I was done
    - Didn't even take a toilet break either...oddly enough from 7:30am to 4:30pm
    - Surprisingly one glass of water was enough to get me through the entire day
    - Got the impression from the receptionist that I ought to stick around, didn't want to since I wanted to eat lunch
    - Not sure if I was meant to be proactive and chase down an answer from the receptionist as I simply just left after they said that someone would get back to me - perhaps that was part of the interview, regardless it turned me off the company forever if this was how they treated guests

Interview Questions

• Make program to translate numbers up to 1 million into the full spelling of the number. E.g. $1042.35 is "one thousand and forty two dollars and thirty five cents"   Answer Question

May 11, 2016 – Recruitment

Thank you for your feedback which we have taken into account. We strive to ensure that any candidates sitting the test do so in a comfortable environment. Results are ordinarily communicated to ... More

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at WiseTech Global.

Interview

I applied via seek.com. I received a call from recruiter next day. He asked me to take online programming aptitude test (one test). The test was like an IQ test, with verbal reasoning, rotating shapes, simple flowchart, number sequence, and etc. You have to get above 90 score to proceed next step. After that, the recruiter sent another online test. It was a personality and behavioural test.
    After 3 days later, I got a call from company, and was invited onsite technical test. I can't tell about the test because of non-disclosure agreement. HR gave me tasks and you need to solve the problems with your most comportable programming language. You need prepare your own laptop with programming environment. The onsite technical test took a whole day. It is really important to make a clean code. Code quality, Time, and Correct result are the key. Next step would be interview with the CEO, but I failed the technical test.

Interview Questions

• Number sequence and verbal reasoning questions were difficult for me in online programming aptitude test   Answer Question

Sep 16, 2015 – Recruitment

Thank you for your review and feedback. Our technical test is designed to be challenging and not a pass or fail. Our benchmark for success is high to ensure any person joining us is able to ... More

Developer Interview

Interview

Had to complete a OneTest (IQ/EQ test) plus phone and on-site interview.

Negotiation

They were flexible as long as you can prove that you're worth it.

Work Experience Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at WiseTech Global (Sydney (Australia)) in May 2013.

Interview

I spoke briefly with CEO at a presentation and asked for a job. A little email back-and-forth and a short IQ/Emotional intelligence test later and I was taken on a company tour, then shortly employed

Interview Questions

• What have you thought of the company so far? (based on recently undergone tour)   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at WiseTech Global.

Interview

the interview process did go through smoothly. however, the pace is not what i expected-very slow in a big company.