Wix Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Wix

2.9

Community Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wix (New York, NY) in October 2013.

Interview

Applied online, contacted via e-mail in 7-10 days for a short (10 min) phone interview. E-mail from recruiter is, well, interesting - no punctuations, ENTER is the new period. Okay...

Went in for a 1:2 interview: tell us about yourself, why you want to work here, describe your experiences per job role. They asked a question that they shouldn't have asked in the U.S, otherwise, standard; I believe I did well.

They were still interviewing, and I got one e-mail from same recruiter that I'd know by end-of-week. I followed up at decent time intervals, and never heard back - not a rejection, either - from recruiter or company. Subpar communication.

Strategy Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Wix (New York, NY).

Interview

Communication was all over the place, it was never clear when and who would contacted me, if at all.
    Had two interviews (which went well), got a home assignment and was told that a third interview would be scheduled soon.
    After completing the assignment I never heard back from them.
    Reached out twice just to confirm that they are not moving forward, and still nothing.
    Highly unprofessional.

Interview Questions

Wix Response

Dec 24, 2018 – Community Manager

Hi there. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We will make sure to inform our HR team about this matter.

Web Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Wix (San Francisco, CA) in September 2013.

Interview

They call for technical interview -- and meeting happened with HR around 1 hour,will ask all general questions and also ask to fill their Questionnaire which is meant mainly for customer service people. Total wastage of time. They could have done this over phone or skype. One should not waste people's time.

Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wix (New York, NY) in November 2013.

Interview

There were three interviews. Don't be deterred by the first interview with HR--they may be late and take forever to get you to the next interview. It will be worth it once you talk to senior management.

Interview Questions

• Make sure you have a deep understanding of the product. They will ask you specifics.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wix (New York, NY) in January 2019.

Interview

I spoke to a recruiter on the phone who was very friendly and knowledgeable about the role. Within a day or so, I was notified I would be moving forward to the next round. I then had a video interview with the hiring manager who was also very friendly and informative. I ultimately withdrew from the process after being informed of lower-than-expected salary before moving on to the final in-person round.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a difficult client and how you've managed them.   Answer Question

Jan 29, 2019 – Community Manager

We're sorry to hear it didn't work out. Thank you for your feedback!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Wix (San Francisco, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

I got referred by nelson staffing. This is probably the worst interview i ever had in my life. First of all they let you sit down and answer a questionaire if you are put in a situation as a tech support. After that they let you interview with one of their "Captains".

The so called "Captain" was a very nice guy. He asked me things about life. Not much about the work yoo are applying for. All he asks is common sense questions. After being interviewed by him. I was interviewed by another guy "E"

This second guy "E" is probably the worst interviewer ever. First of all, he asks similar questions with the first interviewer but he doesnt look at you when you answer. Completely unprofessional guy and disrespectful. He asks same questions all over even though you already answered him like 20 time. He is tryling to get the opportunity for you to flake so he will use that against you. You can tell by his body lamguage that he will show you he doesnt like you.

Third interview is with this hr lady which the "E" guy introduced me to. She who asked similiar questions as the previous two but not as much because probably that second guy told her that pretend to just do an interview but we are gonna turn him down anyways. After the interview, the hr lady said she will email me an update of my application. She then escorted me to the exit because she is claiming I might get lost. First of all, I know where the exit is, secondly, why tell me to leave just like that after the interview, completely unprofessional.

They didnt have the audacity to send an email that i didnt got the job.

Overall, its a complete wasted of time.

Interview Questions

Wix Response

Sep 13, 2017 – Community Manager

Hello, we thank you for your feedback and sorry that you left it unhappy. We are working hard on making this process easy and enjoyable as much as possible. We wish you the best of luck!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wix (San Francisco, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

The most ridiculous interview process i've ever been through. I applied directly on the site, and got an email 2 days later to come into their HQ for a Meet and Greet. I thought it would be a normal job fair setting, so I was really surprised when I walked in and saw 50+ people there. They had us all sit down in a group of 12 in a circle, and had various managers come around and ask us fun facts about ourselves.

Very little was focused on the job; every employee talked nonstop about the perks and how they were all a family. They all seemed like nice people but it felt super forced, not genuine, and a little elitist. The people in my circle were also very nice, but I felt like everyone was fighting for attention, which made me really sad. Why are we going through this nonsense?? I was over it and figured that I probably wouldn't hear back since I didn't do enough to "stand out." Not to mention, we were there for 3 hours. It felt excessive and ridiculous; not a good way to determine someone's ability to do the job.

To my surprise I got an email 2 days later asking me to come back into the office to interview with one of their team leads. The invite said that I would be there for an hour. I arrive, and I see other people that were a part of my group. Would this be another group interview? No one told us anything. We finally are broken up individually and given a 10 page article to read and answer questions about. They give us 30 minutes to do this. After I finished the test I interviewed with one person, and then another. The last person told me that they will contact me for the next step. I look at the time, and realize I was there for TWO HOURS, not the 1 hour time frame that they mentioned in the email. I had to rush to my next appointment.

They told me that training would start that Monday, so if I was chosen I would be expected to start that day. Once I left I received another invite to come in on Friday, which I thought was strange since the start day was right around the corner and it was still the beginning of the week. I accepted the invite, and suddenly got a call from someone 2 days later stating that they needed to re-schedule my interview for Thursday. I was unavailable for that time, so I told them that I could interview today. I spoke with someone, and he was a little rude (which I was initially warned about), but I thought the interview went well. He told me that HR would contact me immediately. 24 hours goes by and I don't hear anything, so I send a follow up email...still nothing. I then get a rejection email on Friday saying that they decided to not move forward with the process.

Overall they seem like nice people, and it's a good company but i'm really annoyed by their lack of organization and communication in the interviewing process. Also, respect other people's time! Don't hold people hostage for 3 hours playing some ridiculous charade. If my individual interview was scheduled for an hour and I get there on time...have it end on time. Don't have me stay there an hour overtime; people have lives. I felt like their lack of organization is most likely a reflection of the company, so in hindsight it wasn't meant to be considering I would not want to work in such a unorganized environment.

Also..please stop with the elitist attitude. I respect what you all are doing, but don't make a candidate feel like they they're below you. It's a million jobs out there and good, hard working individuals trying to make a living. Stop playing games.

Interview Questions

• If you were given money to go to a work convention, what would it be for?   Answer Question

Jun 1, 2017 – Community Manager

Hey there, we appreciate greatly your honest feedback. We do understand that the interviewing process might be very excessive and we're working on improving it. We do also apologize if you felt as if... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Wix (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2013.

Interview

This interview process consisted of a phone interview with two members of the technical support team and one member of the engineering team. They gave me a task where I had to answer a set of written questions being sent to me while asking different questions on the phone simultaneously to see how my multitasking skills held up.

Interview Questions

• How would you go about handling a DNS error presented by a client?   Answer Question

Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Wix (Miami, FL) in September 2017.

Interview

2 interviews + HR interview+ HW assignment
    first interview was easy - simple java script questions
    HW assignment is horrible, and they ask you about it
    second interview is a white board interview and most difficult part of the process

Interview Questions

Wix Response

Nov 9, 2017 – Community Manager

Hello, we appreciate your feedback and wish you the best!

Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Wix (New York, NY) in July 2018.

Interview

Applied to the role via LinkedIn and was contacted for a phone screening by the hiring manager a few days later. I went in for an in-person interview the following week. Met with the hiring manager and his superior for around two hours. The conversation went really well and we scheduled practice sales pitch in the following week. The practice pitch (conducted over the phone) was a bit awkward given that I did not have all the information at hand. A few days later I received a phone call from someone from the recruiting department saying he had “great news”. After playing phone tag for a few days I got him on the phone only for him to tell me the next step would be a video call with HR. Given that I met with the team already and the person on the receuiter said he has “good news” I expected the video call to be about salary expectations. However the video call felt much more like an initial screening, asking about strengths, weaknesses, goals, etc. At the end of the call I was told I would hear next steps by the following week. When I didn’t hear anything I followed up with the hiring manager and got nothing. Finally, I received an automated email thanking me “for my interest in the role” but they decided to not move forward with me. After having multiple conversations and completing a practice pitch it would have been nice to receive feedback as to why they didn’t move forward. At the very least it would have been nice to get an email from a real person versus an automated message.

The company seems really awesome and like they value their employees but this interview process left a really bad taste in my mouth. I should say the team I interviewed for was new so maybe they are still working out the interview process on their end.

Interview Questions

Wix Response

Aug 28, 2018 – Community Manager

Thank you so much for your feedback regarding the interviewing process.