Wolfram Research Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Wolfram Research Interview Questions

Updated Jul 17, 2017

2.8

Software Test Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Wolfram Research in May 2017.

Interview

First was a screening round by the HR, followed by a Technical round by the Project Manager. I was told that the third round would be a coding test and then an onsite interview.

Interview Questions

• HR asked about the company's products and my knowledge about the company.

Project Manager asked questions about Cross browser testing using Selenium Webdriver and Jenkins. It was mostly scenario based questions.   Answer Question

Wolfram Technology Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Wolfram Research (Champaign, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

Straightforward telephone interview, variety of behavioral questions and technical questions. Had an opportunity to ask about the team and learn more about the role. Had opportunities to demonstrate my skills and prior experience via behavioral interview and case-like questions. A lot of the position requirements involved effective communication so the process was apt.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Wolfram Research.

Interview

Phone call with HR in which they said that the job was entry level and anyone could do it. Then phone interview with the hiring manager that seemed to go well so they brought me in for an onsite interview. I met with three people who worked there in a conference room. The people I interviewed with seemed very unprepared and did not ask me many questions then when I asked them why they liked working there one person said "are you assuming I like working here?" which was awkward since they are supposed to be pro-company and trying to make me want to work there. Few days later they said I didn't get the position because I was not a fit for the position, but I think I dodged a bullet on this one.

Web Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Wolfram Research (Champaign, IL) in July 2016.

Interview

There was an initial phone screening where they asked about my background and interests in the field. Then I moved onto a programming test. Finally I moved onto a programming test with the development team using web technologies.

Interview Questions

• My background, experience, and programming language that I was comfortable with.   Answer Question

Web Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 8+ months. I interviewed at Wolfram Research in May 2016.

Interview

Extremely long interview process. Started with an email correspondence with a recruiter (who left the company partway during the interview process and failed to alert me) before getting connected with another recruiter. After a quick screening, I was told to reapply on the online website in 6 months because they filled their previous openings. Finally received two technical phone interviews 6 months after applying and then a Skype call with the team for two hours. Following the final interview, I did not hear back for 2 months despite multiple emails sent to the recruiter. Finally received a generic rejection email. All in all, it was a puzzling 8 month process with very limited communication and difficult to get hold of recruiters.

Interview Questions

• Remove duplicates from a list   Answer Question
    • Created a series of Javascript buttons with event handlers attached using a loop.   Answer Question

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Wolfram Research (Champaign, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

submit the resume in campus career fair and apply online at the same time (answer the questions very carefully). And get a phone call from this company. Then they ask for code samples I have wrote.

Kernel Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wolfram Research in November 2015.

Interview

I applied through university career fair. Had one phone interview.

The recruiter scheduled a phone interview with one week after the career fair. It was very and professional. The questions are mainly about my research projects and my understanding of what the company is doing and what I can do for the company. I also asked them about the company. The recruiter seemed very interested with my research experience, and even helped me to figure out the best position in the company for me. I was also asked about the desirable amount of payment.

Perhaps what they are really looking for was some master who focuses on coding works, not really a PhD level researcher. I guess that is the reason I was declined.

Projects Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Wolfram Research.

Interview

I originally applied for a job in their Boston office. The interview process took just over two weeks. I spoke with several people in different areas of the company. All of the questions were straight forward and the people I talked to were great. After all of these conversations they let me know that they were actually looking for some in the Champaign office. I just wish they had told me this piece of information early in the process.

Technical Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Wolfram Research (Champaign, IL) in June 2015.

Interview

There were a series of phone calls and in-office interviews; because I lived out-of-state, they were very accommodating. One of the human resources representatives handled my application from start to finish and was very communicative about who I would be speaking with, when, and for how long. She gave me great tips and was very informed about the position.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with difficult or clashing personalities?   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Wolfram Research (Champaign, IL) in June 2015.

Interview

I had a 30 minute phone interview and then a couple of on-site's. Fairly straightforward, they asked me about my recent projectsand aspirations and the on site's were technical.

Interview Questions

• 1. Write a program to see if a given tree is a sum tree.   Answer Question