Wolfram Research Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Wolfram Research Interview Questions

Interviews at Wolfram Research

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Urbana, IL

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Wolfram Research (Urbana, IL) in March 2011.

Interview

I had applied to Wolfram online, and during a career fair I saw their desk. I asked them about the inteview process and they asked to apply online. I told them I had already done that before, so the lady at the desk asked me to send some code samples which I had already sent. She confirmed saying that you should get a call from the company HR by second week of March. Well I did get a call setting up of 3 interviews just a week after the Spring Break.

The first interviewer asked me everything about my projects specified in the resume and few other design and database questions(interview wasn't very difficult). The second interviewer was simple and I guess since I wasn't very interested in doing UI stuff it didn't last for more than 20mins. He didn't asked me anything on Data Structures and Algorithms but to send a code sample of a UI based project which I did in Fall09 semester(again was simple and easy).

The third interview was grilling as he asked each and every line in my resume starting from the first line till last project specified. I was not able to speak on one of my project but overall I did good I guess.(not very easy could have screwed up assuming the first two were easy). I good thing I did here was asked the interviewer some nice substantial questions which he was very happy to answer. I could actually make out from the way he was speaking.

The last interview was good one! I mean in terms of questions. There were two design questions, I coding problem, I application design question. This interview lasted for more than 1 hour. I did well in the interview. I am still waiting for them to get back to me, it's been more than 1 and half week, and I haven't heard from them. Actually their process is quick but I am not sure why there is so much of delay for me.

Well as a whole the interview are ok.. but you need to prepare well... as in you cannot judge on the basis of preivous interviews. Except for 2nd interview, 1 3 and 4 interviews were 1hr long so expect many questions from them. Overall good experience and hoping to get a positive feedback from them.

Interview Questions

• Design a class for Histogram; Some things were given as in I was told that there are two methods and then what will be the code inside and to write more methods if needed.   Answer Question
    • What is an index in database. Advantages and disadvantages of using them   Answer Question
    • Tail recursive function for calculating factorial. (I did it in scheme)   3 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Wolfram Research (Boston, MA) in April 2011.

Interview

I emailed my resume and got a phone interview

Interview Questions

• My previous research experience related to the position   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wolfram Research (Chicago, IL) in September 2017.

Interview

After applying on the company site got a call asking some basic questions. Then, later on, after a week, 30-minute technical phone interview was scheduled where they asked about my project and some coding.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wolfram Research in November 2017.

Interview

I applied online and got request for the phone technical interview.I gave linear time solutions for both the programs but still got rejected.I do not know what they were expecting.

Interview Questions

• Remove duplicates, find if two strings are permutation of each other   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wolfram Research (Chicago, IL) in December 2017.

Interview

I had an interview with Wolfram in December 2017.
    The process took about 2 weeks.

Didn't get to finish all two questions but was able to come up with a linear-time answer for the first one. However, still got rejected.

Interview Questions

• Compare two strings, print one that has more unique characters within.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Wolfram Research in January 2018.

Interview

Had a initial screening phone call with a recruiter then a 30 min technical phone call with one of the team leads and manager. There was some technical difficulties in the beginning but was fixed quickly.

Interview Questions

• find duplicate char in a string   2 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wolfram Research.

Interview

I just dealt with an in house recruiter. Very typical recruiter stuff where they ask you to read your resume to them, and then ask some basic questions to ensure you are a human.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to write an application using the spring framework.   Answer Question

Software Test Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Wolfram Research in May 2017.

Interview

First was a screening round by the HR, followed by a Technical round by the Project Manager. I was told that the third round would be a coding test and then an onsite interview.

Interview Questions

• HR asked about the company's products and my knowledge about the company.

Project Manager asked questions about Cross browser testing using Selenium Webdriver and Jenkins. It was mostly scenario based questions.   1 Answer

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wolfram Research (Champaign, IL).

Interview

I applied online for the position, the recruiter got back to me the next day to schedule a call. The first round, the recruiter asked me general questions like my experience, the projects I have worked on, salary expectations, job location etc. After that, she scheduled me for a phone interview with the head of Web R&D within in the week. It was a 30 minute phone interview which started with him asking for my background and then he gave me a link to an online collaborative coding platform. There were 2 coding problems and he asked for 2 solutions for the second problem - one in O(N) and one in O(N Log N).

The platform we were coding on was crashing again and again, so we just talked through the first problem and he said that I should finish up all the problems and send him the code in an email after. I did so and the next business day, I got an email saying they were not going to continue with me.

Interview Questions

• String manipulation questions - unique strings, same strings, palindromes etc.   Answer Question

Web Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 8+ months. I interviewed at Wolfram Research in May 2016.

Interview

Extremely long interview process. Started with an email correspondence with a recruiter (who left the company partway during the interview process and failed to alert me) before getting connected with another recruiter. After a quick screening, I was told to reapply on the online website in 6 months because they filled their previous openings. Finally received two technical phone interviews 6 months after applying and then a Skype call with the team for two hours. Following the final interview, I did not hear back for 2 months despite multiple emails sent to the recruiter. Finally received a generic rejection email. All in all, it was a puzzling 8 month process with very limited communication and difficult to get hold of recruiters.

Interview Questions

• Remove duplicates from a list   Answer Question
    • Created a series of Javascript buttons with event handlers attached using a loop.   2 Answers