Wolters Kluwer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

Wolters Kluwer Interview Questions

Updated Feb 21, 2018

2.8

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Wolters Kluwer.

Interview

After application and acceptance from company, the HR rep will call you to verify a time and date for your first interview. When you come in you'll be put in a room to interview with the hiring manager. Questions asked were about previous responsibilities in previous jobs and technical skills. Fairly typical interview

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wolters Kluwer (Chicago, IL) in November 2017.

Interview

Very happy with the process. was contacted about the job less then a week from applying about a phone interview with the recruiter. The following Monday, It was less then 15 minutes long and was contacted the same day about speaking with the hiring manager. Had the phone interview two days later. The next Monday heard back about an in person interview which was 4 days later. The in person interview is where everything became unfortunate. I really enjoyed my time interviewing with everyone, however the hiring manager was asking me the same questions asked over the phone and I probably didn't give the most detailed answers they were looking for. I was then interviews by the team which also threw me off bc I was being interviewed by someone who was hired not too long ago. Lastly I was given a problem to "solve" . My expectations are what lost me the job, I had hoped they would be willing to work with me knowing that I lacked some small parts of the job given that I am a recent graduate. Overall, I still really liked this company and would still look forward to other opportunities.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a situation where the project didn't go as planned?

How do you handle difficult people?   Answer Question

Implementation Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Wolters Kluwer in November 2017.

Interview

30 minute phone interview with corporate recruiter, then another with hiring manager. Both had clearly read my resume and understood how my experience would match with the position. I was able to get clear and detailed answers to my questions about how the role fit with others at at the company. Hiring manager was candid in speaking about how they are re-evaluating some billing metrics and that there were periods of time where you'd work 10 -12 hour days, but it was not always like that. You usually don't get that level of honesty in a phone screen.

Customer Service Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Wolters Kluwer.

Interview

Long Interview process. I had a 30 minute phone interview with the assistant manager. Then an person interview with the assistant manager, manager and the person whom would be training me.

Field Support Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wolters Kluwer in August 2017.

Interview

Got an email from a recruiter and want to touch base about the position. We talk a bit and the recruiter talk more about the company while i listened. Asked some general question regarding the position and how much travel is involved for the position.

Interview Questions

• Asked me where i currently work and, if I had ever herd of WKF, informed recruiter that I did work there as a contractor, and he wanted to know my supervisor name. Provide the name and got a call back to push for a phone interview. No interview yet   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Wolters Kluwer (Atlanta, GA) in August 2017.

Interview

Very long and drawn out (over 3 months). They give you a verbal offer then a written offer. After they have dragged their feet for so long you have 72 hours to accept their offer or it is void.

Ultimately I failed the background check. It was supposed to be 7 years but they looked back almost 8 and found a felony conviction over 7 years old. Yes I know my conviction is my own fault but if the background check was truly 7 years or they would have done the background check one month later...nothing would have shown up.

I was told the background check was 7 otherwise i would not have even applied.

Interview Questions

• The asked the old palindrome question after you answer it they throw on more constraints and requirements. Not to bad but don't give the standard recursion answer.   Answer Question

Senior DevOps Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wolters Kluwer (Waltham, MA).

Interview

Initial phone screen with an HR recruiter followed by a more in-depth phone screen with the hiring manager. This was followed by a single on-site interview with 6 people in total, some individually and some in pairs.

Interview Questions

• Write a script that will search a string for a specific sub-string and return true if it is found and false otherwise.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Wolters Kluwer.

Interview

First Interview: Quick and Easy, found Contract position on Job board, and after speaking with phone interviewer once, was asked to apply to another full-time position. Presented a training session to management and was hired the next day and worked there for a year.

Second Interview: After being laid off from first position, was asked to come back to company in a different role. Promised after 2 1/2 hour interview they would reach back out the following week to set up additional time with the VP. VP left the company that week and never heard after attempting to follow up several times.

Interview Questions

• STAR method questions and presentation needed to "teach" something.   Answer Question

Global Society Program and Partnership Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Wolters Kluwer (Waltham, MA) in May 2017.

Interview

1 Call with Recruiter
    1 Call with Hiring Manager
    4 face-to-face interviews with Hiring Manager and 3 additional team-members
    3 additional Face-to-face interviews, with Hiring Manager again followed by interviews with 2 VPs

I heard about this opportunity through a referral. I initially applied for a different roll and later decided to applied for Global Society Program and Partnership Manager because during my call with Hiring manager, she saw a fit on me with the role I ended up interviewing for. Although I am a great fit for the role, after all meetings and conversations, I kind of built expectations that I was going to get an offer but it didn't happen.

Good Interview process; nothing out of the normal. Very smart people working at WK.
    ------------------------------------

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Wolters Kluwer.

Interview

Recruiter called soon after I applied to talk about the role, phone interview with hiring manager, shortly after an in person interview with 5 teams members, mostly a conversation, a good mix of team members, another f/u interview with the hiring manager's VP, followed soon after by an offer

Interview Questions

• Typical, examples of successes, description of skills, industry knowledge, everything you would expect   Answer Question