Wolters Kluwer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Wolters Kluwer Interview Questions

Updated May 17, 2018

2.9

Finance Director Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wolters Kluwer.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by a recruiter shortly afterwards. Had a video interview with the hiring manager that went really well. Received positive feedback and was scheduled for 2 more interviews. One person had something come up at the last minute but emailed me a few minutes before and we rescheduled. Once we eventually connected, the interview went well and the recruiter told me afterwards that I was their top candidate. Had the third video interview scheduled but the person never showed - some kind of miscommunication with the recruiter about her availability. Rescheduled, but I had an important meeting come up and asked to move the time slightly. Ended up rescheduling it later that same week and the recruiter seemed very anxious because they wanted to make a decision quickly. Eventually had that interview and the same person who missed the first time, showed up 10 minutes late and did not even acknowledge it. Interview was OK, but after all that, I NEVER heard anything from the recruiter and eventually found out I was no longer under consideration by checking my application status on their website. Not impressed.

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wolters Kluwer.

Interview

I first did a very short interview with a temp agency over the phone (they really just want to see that you're nice). I had to do a few online assessments for the temp agency. Then I had to do a few at the company - typing, comprehension - nothing too difficult. The actual interview was me and 4 others in the room. That would normally seem intimidating, but everyone was very nice. My future supervisor and two leads were in there, plus a regular employee taking notes (she had purple hair, that put me at ease!). They pretty much took turns asking questions. I wouldn't worry too much - if you're in a business outfit, you'll be the most dressed up. They don't bombard you with questions, it's pretty chill. I did not have to do a 2nd interview.
    This company WILL verify EVERY job you have listed on your resume (just to see that you worked there). If they can't get in touch with one, they will let you know so you can help them.

Interview Questions

• They were new to interviewing (my supervisor tends to pick a couple people to help) - so their questions are mostly your general interview questions. Stuff like - tell us about a time you had a difficult situation and worked with others as a team. They LOVE teamwork.   Answer Question

Content Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wolters Kluwer (Glendale, CA) in April 2018.

Interview

I was contacted initially by a recruiter, with whom I had a brief phone interview - about 20 minutes. I was then asked to meet with several people, including the head of HR, at the company's offices in Glendale. I talked with two team members together, then met with the head of HR. The team members were good listeners and forthcoming about the company and the position. The HR woman is very easy to talk to and spoke with me for over half an hour. I was then asked back to meet with the person I would be reporting to. Although he seemed like a good guy, the meeting felt perfunctory; I had the feeling that they'd already had a candidate in mind and my "interview" was simply an HR-related formality of some kind. The next week, I got an email from a recruiter letting me know the position was filled.

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wolters Kluwer.

Interview

The initial pre-screen was fine. I had an excellent phone interview with the hiring manager which, apparently, paved the way for an on-site invite. I went to the interview on-site a few weeks later and was surprised by the hiring manager's boss, who proceeded to "interview" me but, more accurately, told me why I was wrong for the job. I found the whole process shabby and unprofessional. I know nothing about how Kluwer is managed at the executive level but my experience with the organization left a strong, negative impression.

Interview Questions

• Why did you major in that?!   1 Answer

Market Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverwoods, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Wolters Kluwer (Riverwoods, IL) in March 2018.

Interview

This phone interview was the most uncomfortable interview I’ve ever experienced - it’s actually the reason I’ve decided to create a Glassdoor account.

To start, I had difficulties connecting with their HR contact. She would suggest a time for me to call her, and would never answer the phone at the proposed time. Eventually she called me one day at 6:00PM, which was strange, but I kept an open mind.

Though well-versed in the field and prepared for any question, as well as having a few of my own, I wasn’t able to earn an ounce of respect from either interviewer. My answers were interrupted, scoffed at, and in some instances even laughed at. Follow-up questions were all posed in a skeptical, patronizing slant.

At the end of the interview, they implied we would be going forward with next steps in the process. If/when I were to hear back from Wolters Kluwer, I could never imagine entertaining a second interview.

Regardless of whether someone is the right candidate, treat them (and their aspirations) with more respect and less condescension. Someone with less conviction than me would have felt humiliated by the way they trivialized me.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked for a woman?   2 Answers

Trainer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Wolters Kluwer (Waltham, MA).

Interview

Very fair but lengthy and thorough. Began with a phone screen with the in-house recruiter. Then, a phone interview with a Manager and Director. Followed by an in-person interview with 5 different individuals. This included a presentation and portfolio of work was shared and discussed at length.

Interview Questions

• If you were to be hired, how will you win over the executives and get them to buy-in to training?   Answer Question

Data Visualization Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Wolters Kluwer (Philadelphia, PA) in January 2018.

Interview

They are VERY SLOW. The entire process took 12+ Weeks and I haven't heard back yet.
    Round 1: Got a message on LinkedIn from the recruiter describing about the role and responsibilities.
    Round 2: Spoke with the director and manager. Pretty decent round. Resume based, behavioral and a little technical round.
    Round 3: They scheduled an on-site interview. Met with different team members.
    The final interview went pretty well. They liked me as well. Its been 8+ weeks and I haven't heard back. After multiple follow-ups, they don't reply. Very very very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Wolters Kluwer.

Interview

After application and acceptance from company, the HR rep will call you to verify a time and date for your first interview. When you come in you'll be put in a room to interview with the hiring manager. Questions asked were about previous responsibilities in previous jobs and technical skills. Fairly typical interview

Implementation Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Wolters Kluwer in November 2017.

Interview

30 minute phone interview with corporate recruiter, then another with hiring manager. Both had clearly read my resume and understood how my experience would match with the position. I was able to get clear and detailed answers to my questions about how the role fit with others at at the company. Hiring manager was candid in speaking about how they are re-evaluating some billing metrics and that there were periods of time where you'd work 10 -12 hour days, but it was not always like that. You usually don't get that level of honesty in a phone screen.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wolters Kluwer (Chicago, IL) in November 2017.

Interview

Very happy with the process. was contacted about the job less then a week from applying about a phone interview with the recruiter. The following Monday, It was less then 15 minutes long and was contacted the same day about speaking with the hiring manager. Had the phone interview two days later. The next Monday heard back about an in person interview which was 4 days later. The in person interview is where everything became unfortunate. I really enjoyed my time interviewing with everyone, however the hiring manager was asking me the same questions asked over the phone and I probably didn't give the most detailed answers they were looking for. I was then interviews by the team which also threw me off bc I was being interviewed by someone who was hired not too long ago. Lastly I was given a problem to "solve" . My expectations are what lost me the job, I had hoped they would be willing to work with me knowing that I lacked some small parts of the job given that I am a recent graduate. Overall, I still really liked this company and would still look forward to other opportunities.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a situation where the project didn't go as planned?

How do you handle difficult people?   Answer Question