Wolters Kluwer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Wolters Kluwer Interview Questions

Updated Apr 12, 2017

2.8

Customer Insight Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Wolters Kluwer.

Interview

no behavior question. Focus on the project and working experience have done. I was interviewed by the memeber of the group. no self introduction. Focus on the pure tech sight

Human Resources Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Wolters Kluwer (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Phone screened by a recruiter, then phone screened by HR leader. I followed up with recruiter after a week (of second phone screen) to check status of phone screen and did not receive a response. A month later and I have still not received a response to my follow-ups, nor have they bothered sending me any communication. That's an unfortunate presentation of their hiring process because I really enjoyed learning about the company and the opportunity.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your HR experience and how it can be applied to the Chicago office?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wolters Kluwer.

Interview

2 phone interviews with Sales Manager and Department Head after Human Resources screening. Hiring cycle took about 3-4 weeks before pre-employment screening and background check. Very supportive and responsive HR along the interview process

Interview Questions

• What part of the country do you have an exisiting network to start working and adding to a pipeline?   Answer Question

Vice President Product Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Wolters Kluwer (New York, NY).

Interview

I had initial meeting with hiring manager. He asked to come back and meet with HR and 3 peers of hiring manager. I then received ian nformal/verbal offer from hiring manager (but salary not mentioned).. HR contacted me a week later to discuss salary and bonus. I made a counter offer and they came back with something in the middle.

Interview Questions

• general questions about resume/previous experience, what i would do if I got the job, had I ever heard of the company or industry before.   Answer Question

Assistant Quality Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Wolters Kluwer (Chicago, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter for Wolters Kluwer about the Assistant Quality Account Manager position. After 3 rounds of interviews (HR-Phone, Managers- In Person, Regional Manager-Phone) I received a call from the recruiter saying that while I was not the right candidate for this position they did recommend me for another interrelated role. I interviewed twice in person for the ACS role (with different managers and potential coworkers). Nearly two weeks later I got a response that I wasn't quite a fit for this role but they wanted me to come in to interview for yet another position, the hybrid specialist. They asked if I could come in the very next day to interview for this position, in person, and I obliged. After yet another solid interview and a great conversation with potential coworkers I was again told they went a different direction. So, if we are counting that is 6 interviews (4 in person), three different positions (each time I'm expecting an offer, I'm offered another thing to interview for), and a lot of time lost to an overly burdensome process. I cannot recommend this company after this experience.

Interview Questions

• Can you describe your experience working in a high-paced/large volume behind the scenes role?   Answer Question
    • What words would your current co-workers use to describe you?   Answer Question
    • When someone you delegate a task to fails to complete the task, how do you respond?   Answer Question

Associate Corporate Operations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wolters Kluwer (Dallas, TX).

Interview

3 person interview, to the point about skills and comfortability. Knew exactly what I was getting into. There were a few situational questions, but mostly they wanted to know about my past employment, my future goals, my typing speed and problem solving capabilities. They want to know you can learn fast and accurately.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable adapting and learning new things constantly?   Answer Question

Researcher II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Wolters Kluwer (Houston, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

I was asked to call the company for a phone interview. I spent most of the interview asking the interviewer questions. She did not have nearly as many questions for me. I was interested in the unique problems the company faces, what types of people I would be working with (Lawyers/paralegals/etc), how the interviewer enjoyed her employment, how the company defines success, if there were opportunities for continuing training and education, and if they offered benefits. I asked if any of the contract was negotiable or was the offer firm. She said negotiable. I asked her about pay rate. She stated that the actual pay was lower than the job posting (the number she floated was lower than the posting). At the end of the interview she said I was highly favorable. We said our thank you's and politely ended the conversation. The job recruiter called me to say that the interview went poorly because I asked to discuss the pay rate and that I stated my long term goal was to practice law. I am a law school graduate and my legal experience is what qualifies me for the job. Furthermore, the position was "at will" for a period no longer than 12 months and no benefits. My points being that the long term goal of practicing law by a law graduate should not be a red flag for a temporary position in legal research (encumbrance research(liens, etc.)), and employers offering no benefits to a full-time at-will employment who baulk at any mention of negotiating pate rate after stating that there is a negotiable range is, in my opinion, a red flag on their part signaling them as a company who has no respect for their talent. It seems like a bullying tactic. The interview was a waste of time and if that is the only experience I ever have with the company then I will not have a positive opinion of them. It was very disappointing because the position described in the job posting seemed interesting and fun.

Interview Questions

• (Honestly hard to remember, she asked so few)
      1. What are your long-term goals?
      2. Do you have any questions for me?

To be fair, she gave more statements about the job than she did ask questions, but she interviewed me very little. Again most of the process was my questioning.
      1 Answer

Editorial Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Wolters Kluwer in February 2017.

Interview

Three interviews. One with the recruiter and two more with managers, all via phone. Positive attitudes all around, and they were very happy to answer my questions. While the interviewers were professional, it still felt casual and comfortable.

Interview Questions

• How do you manage your book schedules and your own project schedules?   Answer Question

Payroll Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carson, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Wolters Kluwer (Carson, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Spent over two weeks emailing because the recruiter took forever getting pass basic questions:

Ex: Hello I would like to set up a phone screen are you interested?
    Me responds immediately: Yes
    She took over a week to respond then another week to respond to make an appointment.
    Then after the phone week it took another three weeks for the hiring manager of the department to do a phone interview who sounded as if she didn't want to do the phone screen anyways. Said she would have the women set up an on site interview.
    Two or three weeks go by I email the recruiter. She apologizes saying she will get with the hiring manager about the appt. She never called and I just now with drew my application.
    To give a view of this process the recruiter contacted me Feb 5th. It is now April. Worst process ever, they're disorganized and unprofessional.

Associate Product Support Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wolters Kluwer.

Interview

Off the bat the recruiter was kind of rude. The phone call kept cutting in and out, and when I would ask if she could repeat the question she seemed to get annoyed. She sounded as if she'd rather be doing something else with her time. She then brought up the hourly wage of the job and asked if in would accept/be okay with it. Which I thought was odd because she barely addressed the duties of the position.

At the end of the call the recruiter said she would contact me the following week on a status update. That never happened so I had to reach out to her..I didn't get the position but she was kind enough to offer me a chance for another position with the company. That's the only nice thing I can say I gained from my experience with her.

Interview Questions

• Standard Customer Service Behavior Questions   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you dealt with an angry customer and how you dealt with it   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you made a mistake with a customer and resolved it   Answer Question
    • Are you willing to work OT, weekends, holidays if necessary?   Answer Question