Works Applications Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Works Applications Interview Questions

Updated Sep 17, 2017

2.9

Internship Interview

Interview

I get the opportunity for the career fair. On the first day, they will give a paper test about some math questions. If you pass, on the second day they will give you an interview at the booth. Then if you pass the interview they will give you a certification for the internship and let you choose either LA or NYC.

Interview Questions

• 1. Paper test: All math questions, like GRE test.
      2. Interview: Basic information, related experience and Java/J2EE questions   Answer Question

Research and Development Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Works Applications in March 2015.

Interview

Make out 1 of 2 coding assignments before next stage which are available on google.
    Then is onsite interview. It generally talks about how you solve the assignment before, and of course some programming problems.

Interview Questions

• The questions are no surprises, almost the same like leetcode.   Answer Question

General Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Works Applications (Boston, MA) in October 2012.

Interview

Three interviews and an associative reasoning test in one day - they apparently booted another candidate to make time for me, which I thought was.. Ambitious. Got an offer and one year to think it over in the end.

Interview Questions

• Why do you speak Japanese?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They don't negotiate salary, but you can get relocation if you negotiate. They wanted me to work in Tokyo indefinitely for the proposed salary, so I said "thank you but no" politely and walked away. They came after me a while later saying three years would be fine. We settled at two.

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Works Applications (Shanghai, Shanghai (China)) in July 2017.

Interview

1. Online assessment. You'd submit solutions of several problems like any online judgement system.
    2. Online live-coding. You'd have a video interview with an engineer. You have 2 problems to solve and it is very similar to the previous OA part except that you need to communicate with the engineer in English. Expressing your thinking clearly is very important.
    3. On-site internship (5 days). It very likely would take you more than 5 days' time so be sure that you have enough time to do this.

Interview Questions

• Design, documentation and implementation of a software system used by a company   1 Answer

Researcher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tokyo (Japan)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Works Applications (Tokyo (Japan)).

Interview

They asked me to solve a problem to demonstrate our programming skills. An interview lasted up within 45 mins. Finally, I take a Logic test and it is about 1 hour

R&D Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi (India)

Interview

The interview process was fairly easy. They gave about 2 questions which to students in our University we had to do a least 1. I did 2. Was called for an interview at New Delhi where I had one round and one aptitude test.

This was followed by a skype round centered around design and mainly software design. This was followed by an HR interview.

The interview was fairly okay but the post interview has been a complete horror. They took more than 5 months to come up with an offer letter and were vague about the location and the pay after promising the Singapore and the 6 Million Yen pay(anywhere).

Bad company. Really bad recruiters. Company isn't clear about anything. Half an year has passed since the job was offered but the location isn't known neither is the salary. They aren't even clear if they can fly us to the city where work starts.

Interview Questions

• Create a number with the highest value from the given set of numbers   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Works Applications (Shanghai, Shanghai (China)).

Interview

It consists of 4 stages of interviews.
    1. Online programming test
    2. Live programming test
    3. 5-day internship
    4. Aptitude test & Math test

The 5-day internship is a worth joining interview, you can learn more about the company's goals and styles by the staff demonstration and completing the given tasks. The HR staff are very helpful and caring.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Taipei (Taiwan)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Works Applications (Taipei (Taiwan)) in May 2017.

Interview

The interview for new graduate would have three rounds.
    The first round is an online assessment (three hours for two problems). Normally, one problem would be difficult to answer all right, and the other would be easier. However, candidates don't need to have full scores to enter the next round. In this years, I heard people who got 50 (total is 200) still enter to the next round.
    The second round is live coding. Candidates would sit in front of the interviewer to solve the problems. The problem is much easier in this round (about easy level in Leetcode, maybe one would be at medium level).
    The third round is complicated. They called it 'internship'. It's like five days hackathon. You need to create a product and write down the concept. The mentor would review the document and you need to revise it accordingly. Then you implement the code. They would decide who can get the offer in the last day of the internship. However, the candidates would be paid and be placed at the hotel (for free) during these five days.

Interview Questions

• In the second round, live coding, I was asked about three questions.
      First, write the code to decide if two trees are the same.
      Second, write the code to check if the tree is symmetric.
      Third, I forgot it, but it's the easiest one of the permutation problems.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Works Applications (Singapore (Singapore)) in May 2017.

Interview

There was an on-site coding assessment, almost like a pair programming session. There are two questions which last for an hour altogether. Interviewers were friendly with occasional sprinkles of encouragement. However, there wasn't an opportunity to ask back questions after you're done, for example, to learn about the culture, etc.

Interview Questions

• Computational related questions   1 Answer

Research and Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Works Applications (Singapore (Singapore)) in May 2017.

Interview

At first resume screening.
    At round 1 , online programming test. They give you 2 problems to solve in 5 days. Mine problem was about data structure and dynamic programming.
    At round 2, skype coding interview. They give you 2 or 3 problem to solve and you have to explain how you solved it.
    At round 3, online aptitude test. Contains basic math, probability.
    At round 4, another skype interview. Ask about your project and they check your analytical skill.
    I failed at round 4.

Interview Questions

• Given a sorted array ,then rotated it at some point. Now you have to find the smallest element in the array.   Answer Question