Works Applications Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Works Applications Interview Questions

Updated Mar 21, 2017

2.9

Internship Interview

Interview

I get the opportunity for the career fair. On the first day, they will give a paper test about some math questions. If you pass, on the second day they will give you an interview at the booth. Then if you pass the interview they will give you a certification for the internship and let you choose either LA or NYC.

Interview Questions

• 1. Paper test: All math questions, like GRE test.
      2. Interview: Basic information, related experience and Java/J2EE questions
      Answer Question

Research and Development Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Works Applications in March 2015.

Interview

Make out 1 of 2 coding assignments before next stage which are available on google.
    Then is onsite interview. It generally talks about how you solve the assignment before, and of course some programming problems.

Interview Questions

• The questions are no surprises, almost the same like leetcode.   Answer Question

General Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Works Applications (Boston, MA) in October 2012.

Interview

Three interviews and an associative reasoning test in one day - they apparently booted another candidate to make time for me, which I thought was.. Ambitious. Got an offer and one year to think it over in the end.

Interview Questions

• Why do you speak Japanese?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They don't negotiate salary, but you can get relocation if you negotiate. They wanted me to work in Tokyo indefinitely for the proposed salary, so I said "thank you but no" politely and walked away. They came after me a while later saying three years would be fine. We settled at two.

R&D Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Works Applications.

Interview

Wasn't really an interview as I didn't pass the first online coding test. It was way harder than I expected. The questions are below, and they had to be solved in 3 hours.

Interview Questions

• Given an array of numbers from 1 to n, find the number of permutations of this array that contains exactly k inversions.   Answer Question
    • Interval scheduling problem.   Answer Question

Software Designer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Works Applications.

Interview

3 Tests.
    First round is an algorithm test to test your logical and deduction skill. Very straightforward, simply put to test if you're capable of thinking like a computer program does.

Second round is proposing a solution to a designated problem. You're given about 5 days. This is to test your creativity and imagination.

The last round is to present your solution to an interviewer. This is to test your communication and presentation skill.

I only passed the first round and failed the second round so I can't say much about the third round.

Interview Questions

• One question is some sort of yes/no flowchart and you're supposed to guide where the arrow suppose to go (e.g. if no go to step x, if yes go to step y)   Answer Question

Software Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Works Applications (Singapore (Singapore)) in March 2017.

Interview

The first round is an on-site logic test. After passing the first round, i was invited to complete a solution design assignment, which i failed. For those who pass the test, they are invited to present their solution to the manger and have a HR interview,

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Works Applications.

Interview

passed online exam, then online coding, more focus on some simple string manipulations. Two monitors, one is your coding platform, another is for interviewer to monitor your coding process. The interviewer is helpful.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Works Applications (Singapore (Singapore)) in February 2017.

Interview

2 simple questions need to be done before an face to face interview is offered.
    During the interview, a algorithm question is been asked, followed by some coding questions.
    I could not answer the questions perfectly. However, right after the interview i manage to figure out the answer, which is, too late.

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Works Applications (Singapore (Singapore)) in February 2017.

Interview

We participated in a conference where you have to complete a simple math test. If you pass this round you will have to solve a case then present your solution to managers if your solution pass the screening round. During the presentation managers will ask questions about your solution. Finally you will have the interview with HR manager.

R&D Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chengdu, Sichuan (China)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Works Applications (Chengdu, Sichuan (China)).

Interview

The interview was hold in a hotel. The HR and engineer are very nice guys, so don't be nervous. whole process is one-to-one live-coding, it not very difficult task, but you have to make sure you code is free of bugs.