Wowza Media Systems Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 7, 2017

2.7

Interviews for Top Jobs at Wowza Media Systems

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Wowza Media Systems.

Interview

Phone screen - was referred by a current employee. Last maybe 20-30 minutes. Had a casual conversation. Never received feedback from interview. Seems like their HR is confused/lost. Should be easy at a small, slower growth company.

Interview Questions

Wowza Media Systems Response

Mar 4, 2016 – HR Manager

I am so sorry that was your experience! While we try to personally get back to every candidate we speak with,unfortunately it seems that fell through the cracks this time and it is not acceptable... More

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Golden, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Wowza Media Systems (Golden, CO) in January 2016.

Interview

The interview process here consists of about 3 hours of solid questions being thrown at you by unfriendly employees. The work environment lacks imagination and no one seems happy to be there. Location is also not very convenient.

Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Golden, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Wowza Media Systems (Golden, CO) in December 2015.

Interview

I had 4 interviews.

The initial interview was with the department manager, located out of state over video call. It went smoothly with a technical portion that was easy enough that I was able to critique it and expand on some of the questions. The tech stuff was to weed out those who weren't up to muster as opposed to providing a deep dive into my knowledge. The entire interview was very conversational.

Second interview was with one of the developers on my team at the Golden HQ. There were a few more in-depth technical questions, but the general tone was more conversational. The goal was to vet my thinking process as a developer.

Third interview was with a project manager and was the most conversational and informal. A lot of "what would you do in this situation" types of things. This was apparently to gauge my approach to work and ability to not only work independently, but ask questions when necessary. Quite pleasant.

The fourth interview was with the director of IT. This was the most difficult, but only because that person's interview poker face was strong. I wasn't sure how well I did, but apparently I did well since they made an offer. There were no trick questions or anything unfair or offputting, and the tone was more conversational again.

This might seem like a lengthy process, but each interview was scheduled at my convenience over 3 or 4 days. It was a smooth and pleasant process with the utmost respect to my needs kept up front.

Interview Questions

• One of the in-person questions was on database design and access / security approaches.   Answer Question

Content Marketing Copywriter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Wowza Media Systems.

Interview

Because of timing, I bypassed the screening interview and had a phone interview with the hiring manager. After that, she scheduled a second phone interview with another member of the department. Both interviews went well. No trick questions, just talked about the job and my experience. A week later, after not hearing any more, I emailed to check in and received a reply that I was still in the running and a decision would be made in a week or so. Then, I never heard anything else, even after I followed up with a couple more emails. I don't know if that is typical, but as I was a top candidate, and the hiring manager asked me to let her know if my situation changed, it would have been nice to at least hear that the position was filled.

Interview Questions

• The trickiest question for me was about experience with a tech company. I haven't had much, but did do work for software company so I was able to speak to issues around that.   Answer Question

Information Technology Interview

Anonymous Employee in Golden, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Wowza Media Systems (Golden, CO) in December 2013.

Interview

Two or three phone or Skype interviews and then another several in-person interviews at the Golden office over a period of about a month. My process included talks with managers, directors, and several c-level executives. I went the extra mile with courteous but not overbearing follow-up during the process. Wowza is looking for energetic, engaged, best-in-class professionals for every role.

Technical Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Wowza Media Systems (Portland, OR) in June 2013.

Interview

The interview was based mainly on resume and related experience. The questions were about media technology and programming. They asked how I solved problems both with technology and working relations during employment with previous employers.

Interview Questions

• Which media systems have you used? How have you solved problems when information is difficult to get?   Answer Question