WyzAnt Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.3

Sort:

Staff Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in East Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at WyzAnt (East Birmingham, AL) in April 2014.

Interview

much shorter than expected, quick review of my qualifications and personal preferences in a work environment. prefessional and courteous. the interviewer was personal and comfortable, but the questions were difficult

Interview Questions

• What would your last employer say was your greatest weakness?   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at WyzAnt (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

I'm going to chalk it up to growing pains, particularly post-major investment after years of impressive bootstrapping, but -- my oh my -- the SF-based satilite office was an utter mess. I understand the challenges of the office's infancy as a non-HQ hub, but, operationally, it was truly scary, almost laughable.

No company with this amount of qualified milestones, proven sustainability, revenues, and funding behind it should be so sloppy in its execution. The concept of "best practices" certainly did not apply AT ALL; and if the leadership doesn't do something quickly, then I fear the company's failed attempt at a first impression in SF and Silicon Valley will haunt it for some time.

Interview Questions

• I did most of the questioning, which isn't necessarily a negative. But it did give me pause.   Answer Question

Math Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Clearwater, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at WyzAnt (Clearwater, FL) in February 2013.

Interview

I submitted my qualifications, submitted to a background test, and took various subject tests.

Interview Questions

• Can you influence the graders of the test?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation was possible

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at WyzAnt (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2013.

Interview

After submitting an application, they review it before they decide if they will call someone.
    So I got a call and they ask you what kind of tutoring experience you have and what subjects you are interested in. Its been awhile but I dont think they ask you anything technical questions . However using their website before you can actively teach you must be approved, after that for every subject you would like to teach you must take an assessment pertaining to the subject which is usually multiple choice. Some assessments just ask you to simply write why you can teach a subject. Everything goes throuh approval which takes less than a week.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at WyzAnt (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

There is not really an interview process in the traditional sense, but you do need to take online assessment tests in order to qualify for the subjects you want to tutor. However, the tests are very fair and do not take very long to complete. You may also have to apply for tutoring jobs by communicating directly to prospective clients, although clients can also contact you if they are looking for a tutor.

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at WyzAnt (Phoenix, AZ) in March 2012.

Interview

There was no interview, however there are tests in each subject that one wishes to tutor. There is also an optional background check which one can retake at any time. It costs about $8 and the only reason for retaking it is so that it continues to appear current. They don't give any specific guidance about how often one should renew one's background check.

Anonymous Employee in Coralville, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at WyzAnt (Coralville, IA) in February 2015.

Interview

On-line and telephone first contact. Second round is in-person with the perspective student and/or parents. Before I could be considered for any tutoring position, a qualifications exam was required for each subject. For items where an exam was not available, my credentials were requested.

Interview Questions

• Q: What are your qualifications to tutor... (Subject)?
      Q: How many years have you been tutoring?
      Q: Are you familiar with the Special Needs that my child has?   Answer Question

Private Tutor Interview

Interview

You must create your profile and certify in the subject areas you wish to tutor, by taking a certification test.

Interview Questions

• none really, just navigating the rules for being an independent contractor.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at WyzAnt (Newark, NJ).

Interview

I applied online. I wrote down my background information and my academic achievements such as SAT AP scores and the awards I earned at high school and the colleges that I got into. It was easy. I had people contacting me one week after I submitted my resume.

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at WyzAnt (Denver, CO) in July 2016.

Interview

After e-mail contact, I provide my phone number so potential clients may call me. (In order to share phone numbers, potential clients must have already submitted their payment information to Wyzant, who made the connection possible). Over the phone, we discuss client needs and possible ways I could meet those needs based on my skills, experience, and education. I tell potential clients that I will be happy to meet with them at their convenience where ever they like. I usually meet new clients at a coffee shop, their home, or a library. When the student is a minor, I meet both parent and student together to get acquainted. When they feel my services fit their needs, we schedule a day and time for weekly tutoring. Approximately 10% of my e-mail contacts hire me, 80% of the phone contacts hire me, and 99% of those who meet with me in person hire me.

Interview Questions

• Where do you meet with students?   1 Answer