WyzAnt Interview Questions | Glassdoor

WyzAnt Interview Questions

Updated Jun 3, 2017

2.3

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at WyzAnt (New York, NY).

Interview

No interview necessary just an online questionnaire that included personal information education and a few qualifying questions that was to be approved before being able to conduct business with the company.

Interview Questions

• What are your educational and experiential qualifications?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at WyzAnt (Newark, NJ).

Interview

I applied online. I wrote down my background information and my academic achievements such as SAT AP scores and the awards I earned at high school and the colleges that I got into. It was easy. I had people contacting me one week after I submitted my resume.

Customer Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at WyzAnt (Chicago, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview process started with a test about coordinating emails about a week passed an I was asked to interview in person the interview went great so I thought after the interview I had to take a web navigation test an typing test which I passed with flying colors yet I was not hired this company is racist I knew when I was the only black in the building I wouldn't get hired

Interview Questions

• Several position based questions real life situations   1 Answer

Private Tutor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at WyzAnt in September 2016.

Interview

There was no formal interview. To choose what subjects you want to tutor in you must pass some basic multiple choice tests online. Once you pass them you are listed as qualified to teach it. Unfortunately you are only allowed to teach 5 subjects at once.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Concord, MA

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at WyzAnt (Concord, MA).

Interview

They limit postings by tutors seemingly arbitrarily. I passed multiple tests on their website and still was unable to post. Don't bother with this outfit It's a complete waste of time

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at WyzAnt (Denver, CO) in July 2016.

Interview

After e-mail contact, I provide my phone number so potential clients may call me. (In order to share phone numbers, potential clients must have already submitted their payment information to Wyzant, who made the connection possible). Over the phone, we discuss client needs and possible ways I could meet those needs based on my skills, experience, and education. I tell potential clients that I will be happy to meet with them at their convenience where ever they like. I usually meet new clients at a coffee shop, their home, or a library. When the student is a minor, I meet both parent and student together to get acquainted. When they feel my services fit their needs, we schedule a day and time for weekly tutoring. Approximately 10% of my e-mail contacts hire me, 80% of the phone contacts hire me, and 99% of those who meet with me in person hire me.

Interview Questions

• Where do you meet with students?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Orange, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at WyzAnt (Orange, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

You take a series of tests online to establish competency, then write a summary of experience you have had in the field. Afterward, they review your information and either accept you or do not. You can choose to pay for a background check if you so choose.

Interview Questions

• There were about 10-15 questions per topic with multiple choice answers.   1 Answer

Customer Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at WyzAnt (Chicago, IL) in November 2015.

Interview

I applied online and a day later, I was asked to coordinate a phone interview. Two days later, I was asked to come in and speak to their management team. I felt great because the process was moving very quickly. I met them at their office in Bucktown and met with 4 people on their mgmt team. They kept the interview very causal yet professional. They asked not-you-typical interview questions which made it fun. They work hard and seem to all really like the people they work with. You can tell it's a wonderful place to work.

Interview Questions

• If you won the lottery, what would you do with the money?
      What is one thing you regret?
      1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at WyzAnt.

Interview

No interview process. Just setup online profile and compete background check and you are good to go. Process is done pretty quickly. I think there was a fee for the background check.

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at WyzAnt (San Diego, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

After an initial application online you are interviewed over the phone then directed to take online assessments on the subjects you wish to tutor. The interview was mellow and not meant to confuse you. It was not intimidating or scary in any way.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle a student not understanding a topic the first time?   Answer Question