XLN Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at XLN

2.8

Broadband Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sheffield, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at XLN (Sheffield, England (UK)) in July 2020.

Interview

1 telephone interview and 1 video interview. Video interview was due to the coronavirus. Easy questions are asked, this should make you suspicious as the job is incredibly easy to get.

Interview Questions

• What did you love and hate about your last job.   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time you sold a product.   1 Answer

Internal Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at XLN (London, England (UK)) in February 2020.

Interview

A phone interview with the hiring manager regarding CV and background as well as the company itself. Followed by an onsite one-hour-long interview with the same person, Followed by no feedback at all.

Outbound Sales Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sheffield, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at XLN (Sheffield, England (UK)) in February 2020.

Interview

First you meet a recruitment team member who shows you around and then listen in to one of the sales agents making calls, then go through some interview questions.

Busineess Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in City of Westminster, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at XLN (City of Westminster, England (UK)) in February 2020.

Interview

Quick response and long interview process it took over 4 hours to get through and at the end of it. You were interviewed 1 2 1 with one of the core managers in the company in front the other applicants. Very different strategy to what I'm used to. I think a lot of people would fall under pressure but if your a sales person then you wont have the issue in making it into XLN at all. Do I like how they handled the process no. Personally I think it takes way too long. That's just my personal perception to be honest. I would go in to interview with time for the whole day and have an open mind about what you could be signing up for.

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at XLN (London, England (UK)) in January 2020.

Interview

Phone call
    Then face to face interview
    I thought the interview was unprofessional. I waited for 15-30 mins in the reception. Dress of other employees was unprofessional. The interviewer asked personal unnecessary questions

Field Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at XLN (London, England (UK)) in December 2019.

Interview

Everyone in the same room and the interview was done as a group with the Sales director asking each person questions in turn after he had given us all a presentation about the company and the role.

Business Development Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in City of London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at XLN (City of London, England (UK)) in November 2019.

Interview

The group interview consisted in a presentation followed by a senior member clearly explaining the positions, progression and company values. After that, we were asked questions individually and got told the same day if we were hired or not.

Administrative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at XLN (London, England (UK)) in October 2019.

Interview

The interview process was very quick. I was interviewed the same week that I was contacted and offered the day after my interview. The hiring manager and recruiter were extremely friendly. I was interviewed by the hiring manager only, which i found very calming as interviews can be extremely nerve-wrecking especially when there are a few people interviewing you.

Interview Questions

• What do you want from your next role?   1 Answer

BDE Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at XLN (Manchester, England (UK)) in March 2019.

Interview

The interview was more like an interrogation than a interview you all get interviewed together round the table and get grilled by the CEO I felt sorry for one girl as he was like how will you cope this us a man's world and all that.

XLN Response

Jun 25, 2019 – HR

Hi there,

We're passionate about being a meritocracy here at XLN, so we will investigate this accordingly. If possible, please email S.Zahid@telecom-service.co.uk to discuss further and clarify everything that happened.

Thanks for your feedback

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sheffield, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at XLN (Sheffield, England (UK)) in January 2019.

Interview

Very easy, telephone interview, then a 1 to 1 interview where you answer questions about yourself and why you would want to work for XLN, very relaxed and not made out that the job was going to be anything different, advised that part of the job is a sales role and asked if was okay with it