XR Trading Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at XR Trading

3.3

Junior Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at XR Trading (Chicago, IL) in February 2016.

Interview

They sent me a application form and I did fill. After a couple of days they scheduled me for a phone screening, I cleared it. Later they sent me two assessment tests. These tests questions completely did not match the requirements. It took me 2 hrs 30 minutes to complete the tests. To my knowledge I did perform good in those tests. The position requirement said 'near completion of CCNA', the assessment questions were CCNP( route and switch ) based. There was also a aptitude test included, which was out of field for a Junior Network Engineer.

I thought i will definitely make it. But the very next day they sent me saying that they cannot consider my application as my experience did match their requirements.

Didn't they knew that my experience did not match the requirements at the beginning stages? Waste of time in applying for this company. First go through the resume folks!!!!!!!!! Don't give lame reasons.

You are hunting for a junior Network Engineer and the interview questions are designed for a Senior with 7-8 years of experience. And how will a Jr. Network Engineer will be able to talk about FPGA design, Xilinx, Microwind ( None mentioned in requirements) ??? Please make corrections on title and responsibilities and testing procedures.
    Never apply for this company!!! It just waste of time, You can proceed with other applications instead of investing time for XR Trading interviews and their dumb procedures!!!!!

Interview Questions

• About FPGA ( not related to the job role) and an aptitude test( 5th grade student can answer)   1 Answer

Junior Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at XR Trading (Chicago, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

The phone interview sound like you are on final exam it was question after question mostly technical, the interviewer kind of rude and with authority altitude. Ask me How to find DNS server address, also ask me what is subnet mask, what is ARP, how you will find IP address, explain active directory, etc. Basically the interview was about Year-round intern position for network admin, I wasn't expecting that many technical questions so I wasn't prepared well. It took them a week to let me know if I am going on the next level interview which it spouse to be in the company in person, but in the end they turn me down after all this question, with an excuse you don't have enough experience which is kind of stupid I was applying for an intern.

Junior Trader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at XR Trading (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

First, you fill out some application form: asks for references, education, etc. A couple of weeks later, then set me up with a phone interview. They had to cancel twice before I finally was able to be interviewed. After that, they sent me 3 tests to take: general aptitude, programming, and a programming challenge.

Junior Trader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at XR Trading (Chicago, IL) in December 2015.

Interview

I applied on their website and HR reached out to me after a couple of weeks. Typical Interview that starts off with them introducing the company. Then they do the math assessment and finally ask about stuff on your resume. Math questions are timed.

Interview Questions

• 20ft deep hole. A spider starts from the bottom and climbs 5ft during the day and drops 4ft during the night. How many days does it take for it to reach the top.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at XR Trading (Chicago, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied via their website, and their hiring team reached out within a week. They gave me more details and asked me to fill out another form similar to an application. Then their was a fairly simple tech screen with no coding. A few python questions on fundamentals and one question that either you knew or you didn't (I didn't).

I was then contacted by a recruiter with a Wonderlic test and a software project. I didn't know enough to complete it to spec.

Interview Questions

• What is a dictionary?   Answer Question
    • Given a Python class with a certain amount of methods, how do you call each method in the class without listing each one out.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at XR Trading (Chicago, IL) in January 2018.

Interview

Very difficult assessments for Software Engineer role. No sure what is the role expectation. Have they even read the code or simply scanned thru the compiler? There are compilers and IDEs for syntax, nor sure what is the purpose of these?

Interview Questions

• Online assessments and writing code for complex puzzle/algorithm.

No feedback provided.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at XR Trading (Chicago, IL) in December 2015.

Interview

The process was pretty simple. They just go through my resume and ask very simple questions. They told me that they usually get up very early to the trading floor and ask me whether I can do that as well. Then ask me about my trading history and I told them about my virtual trading through CQG and stocktrak.

Interview Questions

• Tell me something about your fixed income derivative project   Answer Question

FPGA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at XR Trading (Chicago, IL) in May 2015.

Interview

1 phone screen, 1 coding challenge, 15 minute online wonderlic cognitive ability test.
    On-site interview was 1.5 hours of a technical interview with a panel of 3 technical interviewers.
    If you pass the technical panel, you then have a 1.5 hour "cultural" panel interview with company managers/execs.

Interview Questions

• Coding Challenge: design an ARP response block. Interface is a typical MAC RX/TX interface, along with IP/MAC addresses.   Answer Question
    • How do you pass timestamp register from one clock domain to another.   2 Answers
    • What is the mean time between failures for a flip-flop that has asynchronous data input.   1 Answer

Quantitative Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at XR Trading.

Interview

Recruiter submitted me for the role of quantitative developer.

Got a phone screen, 30 minutes, a lot of questions on my background, lots of technical questions, some quant questions, what I want to do, etc. A very smart individual, and we clicked right away, and I knew right then that this is the place I want to work. Within an hour, I got a call from the recruiter that they want me to do 2 online tests, wonderlic (30 minutes) and c++ (90 minutes). I prepared very well and I know I aced both of these. They also sent a dynamic programming assignment, it is one of the Euler project problems, I have done many of these problems over the years, and so I easily got that done. Next day, I got a call for in person after 3 days.

The head of IT meets you for 15 minutes and they have a very good format and you get to meet a few leads from different departments and any of them could hire you, very efficient indeed.

Then I met 2 individuals, one of them was quant developer. They did not ask any specific questions, in fact, I cannot remember what we discussed except for questions about the programming assignment, and I was surprised that they did not ask more in depth questions about the assignment that I completed, like time complexity, space complexity, choice of data structure, why recursion, etc. They were one of the most disinterested people I have ever been with for 30 minutes, they were nice, but very cold and distant. I think we did not click.

Then came 2 more individuals, one person talked, the other did not say a word. They came in, no proper introduction, and were the same as the earlier 2 in personality. He put down some programming assignment on the white board and was very evasive with what the requirements were, and also very incoherent. He interrupted me every 30 seconds. So, finally after 30 minutes or so, we came to the final solution. As I walked out of the office, I said to myself, "what just happened" and I realized that had he given me clear requirements of the problem, gave me a laptop and if he left the room and I would have solved the problem with output in under 5 minutes.

This tells me a lot about the firm, seems like a hostile work environment, confrontational may be, and they are not looking for a win win. It also taught me something about myself to improve upon.

I applied for a Quant developer role, and nothing Quant ever came up in the whole interview process.

It may seem surprising why I have rated this as a positive overall experience, the reason is that it gave me an extreme outlier experience that I have never had before.

Interview Questions

• Asked about the programming assignment that I had completed   Answer Question

General Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at XR Trading (Chicago, IL) in February 2012.

Interview

At first was asked to give a brief descption of myself act score GPA that sort of thing, then afterwards had to answer some questions not relating to the position such as where do you see yourself in 3, 5, 10 years?