Xactware Solutions Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 30, 2017

2.9

IOS Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orem, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Xactware Solutions (Orem, UT) in October 2017.

Interview

Really low-key and easy. Bill is an awesome dude and the interview wasn’t intimidating or super professional like other places. Phone interview and in-person. It was a good interview and even though I didn’t get an offer, I’m glad I interviewed. It made me more prepared for the next job interview I have.

Technical Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lehi, UT

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Xactware Solutions (Lehi, UT) in November 2016.

Interview

I talked to a receptionist who had me wait in the lobby. Later someone came and got me, they had me wait a even longer in what looked like a conference room. After some time two people came and interviewed me. It seemed to me that I was not welcome unless I was Mormon based on their questions. I answered questions in a way that suggested I was Mormon without actually saying that I was. The offer I received from them was later pulled when they figured out I am not Mormon.

QA Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Xactware Solutions in June 2016.

Interview

HireVue online with both written and video responses. The online interview was followed by a group interview with the department and hiring managers. The video interview was new to me but useful and easy to accomplish.

Interview Questions

• Both written and video answers were requested. One question asked how I felt I was a good candidate   1 Answer

QA Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Xactware Solutions.

Interview

Had to do a video interview where a recorded HR rep asked questions and you recorded it on your device. It was extremely awkward and inappropriate for and internal hire to a management position. Second interview was standard in person, group interview.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Xactware Solutions.

Interview

Applied online through their main website, pretty standard information requested. Received a call a few days later to setup an interview. Interview lasted around 20 minutes, pretty standard questions, 3 people were present, one person from HR and 2 managers from the department.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Nothing was negotiable, received a call from HR with the job offer, later spoke to the manager and with the list of applicants there is little negotiation allowed.

Web Developer Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Xactware Solutions.

Interview

First I got a phone call from hr about an online interview. I recorded video responses to questions about where I was at with my career and had 4 hours to solve 3 programming problems. They were in java and not horribly difficult.

Senior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lehi, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Xactware Solutions (Lehi, UT).

Interview

Not extremely formal, but not lax either. A good balance. Had a couple people asking me a good balance of questions about the technical benefits/drawbacks to the programming language I was applying for and what I was looking to get out being employed there. There was also a technical side of the interview where I was asked to code in the language I would be working with.

Interview Questions

• What is something you would look to get out of an internship with us?   Answer Question

QA Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lehi, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Xactware Solutions (Lehi, UT) in December 2015.

Interview

So I was initially contacted for an interview, however it was via a Tablet, reading questions of ways to approach various technical problems, unrelated to a QA analyst, but a technical support role. I wasn't contacted following the interview, though followed up frequently, eventually abandoning my efforts and hope I had gotten the position. Three months later I was contacted for an interview at the location, facing three Department Managers, with questions of what software I have used in debugging code. Their focus being FireBug, which is new and developed by Mozilla. Regardless of my programming and technical background I hadn't been offered a position. They made me wait three months to tell me know, luckily I had been willing to take a job in Fast food because I needed to support my family. I had expressed such concern briefly. I was very dissatisfied in their lack of professionalism or concerns for that purpose alone.

Interview Questions

• What software are you experienced in using when debugging web applications and end-user content   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lehi, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Xactware Solutions (Lehi, UT) in November 2015.

Interview

Internal recruiting screening. Do not get on the bad side with Xactware. They keep a blacklist on people who apply. Once you on that list they will never consider you. I was put on there for the fact I turned down a full-time position with them a couple of years ago. Now I would like to work for them. Yet they keep rejecting my application. Note, if you are not part of the Utah dominate beliefSystem, it makes it harder for them to consider you. I would pass on working with Xactware.

Interview Questions

• Software knowledge as well as fitting in with the local Utah beliefSystem.   Answer Question

Quality Assurance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eagle Mountain, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Xactware Solutions (Eagle Mountain, UT) in September 2015.

Interview

Digital interview with Hirevue. It is more complicated than you think to make this look good despite all the tutorials provided. An average webcam will make you look horrible! Don't even look at other people's so-called "examples"...you'll feel worse...it is not indicated that you switch between a video response and then typing so if your particular location is not seated at the keyboard and you had to re-arrange furniture and put up a backdrop like I did then you're really screwed.

Interview Questions

• The only technical question was to write a defect title and defect description for the following output:
      1+1=2, 2+2=5, 3+3=6, 4+4=9, 5+5=10, 6+6=13   1 Answer