Xactware Solutions Reviews

Updated Apr 8, 2020

3.3
Xactware Solutions President Mike Fulton (no image)
Mike Fulton
Pros
  • "The company really focuses on work-life balance with great benefits and PTO(in 20 reviews)

• "Good benefits package and a work environment that is both enjoyable and flexible(in 17 reviews)

Cons
  • "Support at Xactware is complicated due to lack of communication between departments(in 13 reviews)

• "They don't seem to care about anything unless upper management starts breathing down their necks(in 10 reviews)

1. "Good company"

Current Employee - Software Developer in Lehi, UT

I have been working at Xactware Solutions full-time for more than a year

Pros

Flexible hours and people are nice to work with. Great benefits and compensation plus bonuses.

Cons

I dont have any thought on that

2. "Happy Employee"

Current Employee - Sales in Lehi, UT

I have been working at Xactware Solutions full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Base Salary, with a good commission structure. Laid back environment.

Cons

It is a big corporation. All of the feelings that come along with "not being heard, or seen" are there. Little or no room for growth in some of the departments.

3. "Good place to work"

Current Employee - Coordinator-Finance in Lehi, UT

I have been working at Xactware Solutions part-time for more than a year

Pros

Very flexible for a student

Cons

Just isn't what I want to do with my life. Everyday work is the exact same.

"Company treats employees well"

Current Employee - SQA

I have been working at Xactware Solutions full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Xavtware treats employees well and plans for expansion, but does not shortchange future for the present. They do run a little bare bones on people, but this is so you have job security. They have never had a layoff, which is fairly unheard of in the tech sector. You do a little more work as a result, but Xavtware recognizes people for their contributions.

Cons

Advancement can be difficult due to the number of people who stay. It takes a lot of effort to get advancement.

Continue reading

"Exciting and Face Paced Environment"

Current Employee - Senior Account Manager

I have been working at Xactware Solutions full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Benefits, work/life balance, job growth, incredible co-workers (friends)

Cons

Communication is often a challenge when working with other departments.

"Good place to work"

Current Employee - Applications Developer

I have been working at Xactware Solutions full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great work life balance, understanding management, working to bring pay up to the average

Cons

Slow development process, Verisk parent company overreaches and limits tech growth at Xactware

7. "Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Structural Research Specialist in Lehi, UT

I have been working at Xactware Solutions full-time

Pros

Cons

Upper management does not always consider needs of lower level employees

"Great place to build a career"

Current Employee - Technical Support in Lehi, UT

I have been working at Xactware Solutions full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Stable company that gets involved in the community. I have been able to go to all the company activities that I asked to. Our team also has activities all the time. Benefits are great. You can get a bonus for doing your work. OT is always available. There is opportunities to move up. You do have to stay in your position for one year before applying for anything else. I received a Way To Go and extra money for my work. You can get rewards for doing more here and that extra work is visible to all of the company. Managers are approachable and help even after work. Other reviews suggest only the bad employees are here to stay but we have a lot of good people here.

Cons

It is a 24/7 call center and busy. Being on multiple chats at a time with angry customers all day is tough but makes the day go by fast. There are people here that don't work as hard as I do or just complain about working but you have that at any job. There are a lot of products to learn and support.

Continue reading

"Employees get treated how customers get treated"

1.0
    Current Employee - Support Representative in Lehi, UT

I have been working at Xactware Solutions full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great benefits, fun people to work with.

Cons

No way to move up very condescending environment They treat this department like crap, and it reflects on the customer Everyone dumps off to support. Management in support are just trying to save their own, or they just don't want to admin they fear going to the department head to make a stand. Nepotism They expect you to take three chats at once with different products on each one and not ever EVER mess up. They measure metrics that have no baring on helping customers, only on making the management team look good. If you go above and beyond for a customer, they don't say much, but 'good job' then expect you to do that every time and offer no reward for doing such. There is no difference between someone not doing their job and someone doing their job. No incentives All the good smart agents have already left or are about to leave They claim change is coming, but it is like putting out a raging fire with a water cup. I find it odd that randomly reviews show up stating support department is amazing, when there are a ton of reviews all stating similar things indicating there are a lot of issues being ignored- the few recent good reviews recently posted makes no sense as to what is actually going on, trust me, I am working it every day. Management needs to listen and not try to play 'let's make things look good'. Be vary aware if applying here, only as a last resort.

Continue reading

"Xactware is the Best Support job I have ever worked in"

Current Employee - Support Technician in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Xactware Solutions full-time

Pros

I think the best part about my job is that I am not micromanaged. I'm not really even told how to do something usually, sometimes I am just shown an example of something that works and then I get to go figure out my own way after that, I get that choice. I have one of the best relationships with my manager that one could hope for and I know that the work I do is very important and it is appreciated by my team. The work we do is challenging for almost everyone. We are entertainers and we are (some praise we have been labeled with) lifesavers and we are problem solvers and we are multi-taskers and we are nerds (well, most of us) and we are jokers and we are human and we are very skilled at what we do. (Yes, sometimes it feels like we are doing that much at once, sometimes I've found myself typing with 6-7 people at a time, with a keyboard. If you are someone with a high WPM that helps when working here) A new situation or challenge presents itself during most moments of the day. One of the biggest skills with this job is learning how to problem solve. This is a problem solving job, you will find that many times you will have to directly look up or seek out some form of resource to progress yourself on your own situation. You are aided and guided through this process as much as is needed and the sooner you learn "how" to look up the resources on your own is when you will start to settle in at this job. Some may see as the perfect challenge. I enjoy the challenge every day, I like my job. I like that I have been able to see the people around me grow in their jobs and in a lot of cases they have become the higher ups and managers I am working with now. I know I work with good people because I work with good people and I have worked with them for a long time. I have had a lot of fun experiences as I have gotten to know everyone better and I am glad I am able to spend my time at work with them. These are the best managers I have had. I feel like we are a team and we work together with a common goal. I have never felt outcast or felt lower on the food chain at any point. This is proven by small things such as snacks, drinks, and usually multiple times during the week we will have treats we may partake in. During these times you will find every manager knows everyone on the floor and they would all make it a point in their day to bring you a snack if needed if you are too busy to step away from your desk. If you ever find yourself in an emergency or otherwise need to take care of any personal situation you you are not questioned and you will only need to speak once, they are people too. They get it, they're there for their people every time. I have been able to tell my manager my work is getting to me a bit and he gave me personal suggestions to try to help make my work life better. He suggested I try different tasks and take on different items to help keep work fun and fresh. I am glad I told him I was getting a bit burnt out and it turned into a positive that I have been using to help other aspects of the team now. I can see myself working here for a long time, I'll get better and better at problem solving and I will continue to add my voice to the rest of the team to do my part in making this job in Support at Xactware the best job it can be. I am glad for my opportunity to work here, I know that I will always wake up to a job that is needed to support my family and I wanted the world to know that is appreciated.

Cons

I work in Support and I think we are kind of the most outcast department in the company. I really don't feel like they appreciate what we do very well and if they do, then I don't really believe them right now. They give us shirts or whatever, they are nice shirts. They give us a skip to the front of the food line so we can go back to helping customers faster when they do events we can't go to because our piece of the pie is helping folks. The company hosts a lot of events during the day we are not able to attend. They say we can go to workshops and trainings and just different things the company does in general, all with the caveat that it is when the "Queue" allows. We don't go to any of these things, at least that I know of. It's like a Disney movie and you can see the ironic situation the protagonist is in where if they can only do this one task they are free. We are held to a high standard of multi-tasking. At any point we are expected to balance 3 active chat interactions, and 3 possible more Level 3 interactions as you ask for help and figure out how to solve something. With the occasional side task, assignment, or work tasks in general, when we have the time. Sometimes we have the time, sometimes it feels like we don't. Alongside the once in a while, the software I rely on to work with is not working for any reason that day, sometimes it is a new issue and sometimes "it is known". I have to add in here, the it is known list is a little long in my opinion. Kitchen 88 only comes every other Thursday and they keep raising the price, how could they.

Found 156 reviews