Xcelerate Solutions Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 21, 2017

3.3

Senior Research Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Xcelerate Solutions (McLean, VA) in November 2016.

Interview

Great experience - great people, very polite, giving all details t make an informed decision, while making a comprehensive evaluation. They usually have their recruiter who is a nice lady and clearly experienced PR person, and one or more people who are the experts in the area they want to hire. they go over a lot of topics, exploit both your interests, and show their needs, so that they can find best matches for current projects and future ones. They also organize interviews offsite and are very supportive and good at follow-up with their sponsors, and at giving great feedback.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my whole area of interests.   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tyson's Corner, Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Xcelerate Solutions (Tyson's Corner, Fairfax, VA) in January 2016.

Interview

Was contacted by their recruiter for a developer spot. Started off with 2 or 3 calls with the recruiter, then a phone interview, followed by an onsite. the on site interview started off with description of job and company. Moved on to past experiences and how i was able to over come challenges. There were some disconnect between the recruiter and the interviewer describing project and the company. Overall didn't feel they were being totally upfront.

Interview Questions

• Asked how I would manage a demanding stakeholder expectations when they refuse to compromise   Answer Question

Did feel they were being totally honest with me about the position or project.

Systems Engineer Interview

Interview

Agree with those who say do not believe the recruiter hype. The recruiters do not influence company policy. they will say anything to get you on board. Employees who have been employed less than one year are getting laid off with less than one week's notice. Be careful folks.

Interview Questions

• What is important to your career   1 Answer

I discovered that even though the recruiters promised that this company cares about keeping you employed, in actual fact they are laying off people with less than one week's notice. Be careful folks.

Developer Interview

Interview

Very rigorous,3 or more interviews usually. After you have talked with the recruiter and established you are interested/ skill are a match then there is 3 interviews. One (or two) phone interviews then two (or one) inperson interview. All of them last an hour or more if they are interested in you.

Interview Questions

• They will ask for on the spot system diagrams or coding practices that you have implemented in the past and why. Very detailed and technology specific questions.   Answer Question

Talent Acquisition Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Xcelerate Solutions (McLean, VA) in December 2013.

Interview

Meeting with the recruiter was over lunch and very informal and comfortable. Meeting with the PM was similarly comfortable and the penultimate meeting with the DPM was at Starbucks. All three were very friendly and informal. The final interview with Mark Drever presented a very different picture of the company and the position and I could only describe his attitude as adversarial. It was made clear in the final interview that my ambitions did not fit in with the company's and I said that I was the wrong person for the job.

At every stage, I received different answers as to why the job was open.

Interview Questions

• All questions were typical, nothing was unexpected though it seemed there was no communication among interviewers   Answer Question

Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Xcelerate Solutions (McLean, VA) in November 2013.

Interview

I met with the leadership team as a passive candidate and I was impressed beyond belief with their vision, business acumen and patience.

Interview Questions

• What else will you bring to the organization after you address your first challenge?   Answer Question

Negotiation

NA

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Xcelerate Solutions (McLean, VA) in August 2012.

Interview

The initial interview was basically to make sure I was a 'normal' person who would fit in to the office environment I was being screened for. (i usually call this the part where they count my teeth). After the initial interview, they sent me to meet & interview with the Prime contractor, who then did roughly the same things, but asked more technical questions re: the position I was being interviewed for.

Sales Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Xcelerate Solutions in March 2012.

Interview

Referral, phone screen, in-person- questions really dug into my background and past experience. Interview was positive and thought provoking. A lot of focus was put on my past track record of successful sales track record, client relationships and ability to close deals.