XpresSpa Interview Questions | Glassdoor

XpresSpa Interview Questions

3.1

Massage Therapist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at XpresSpa (New York, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

Interview went well, met with 2 managers . They discussed the commission , hours and waiting to get a security pass from the airport. I liked the idea of working in the different terminals depending on the need and the hours worked for me! Overall , a positive experience!

Interview Questions

• What type of massages are you certified in? How long have you been practicing?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at XpresSpa (Atlanta, GA) in October 2015.

Interview

Face to Face interview based upon recruitment via job fair. Immediate contact was made with me within 2 weeks or less. Processed paperwork by fully interviewing with the current Spa Manager. Flexible with hours and competitive pay considering the location in the airport which pays sometimes less than State minimum wage. Probation is 90 days. At which any point you mess up and are late too many times or have any customer complaints it will be immediate termination without investigation.

Interview Questions

• I do not recall. I was given a written survey to gauge what i look for in a supervisor and work environment.   1 Answer

Cosmetologist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at XpresSpa (Atlanta, GA) in February 2015.

Interview

Lengthy process. Background check from the company then the airport. I had to pay to park several times unknowingly. Unorganized from start to finish. I was interviewed by the assistant manager who was the only manager at the time. Previous managers were fired and she soon quick once I started. By the time I left (11mths) there had been 8 managers.

Executive Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at XpresSpa in October 2014.

Interview

I applied online through Indeed and received a call fairly quickly. A recruiter reached out to me and we had a phone call, we discussed the position and the person I was supposed to support. Well in my opinion it did not go well from the start, the recruiter fills me in on the CEO's personality and I did not like what she had to say. Which I found very odd, because usually no professional recruiter bad mouths her boss or company your are trying to find a candidate for.
    Anyway, I did feel a bit uneasy with what the recruiter had to say but I decided to go on the interview and see for myself.
    Well, BIG MISTAKE. I interviewed with the recruiter that originally called and scheduled an interview with me. She seemed sweet and all but very FAKE, you could tell right away. She asked so many personal questions and none that related to the position she was trying to fill. I found that very insulting and unprofessional.
    In my opinion she had no intentions of hiring me, I think it was just a joke to her.
    I would stay away from this company!!!!! Find a better one!!

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at XpresSpa (Minneapolis, MN) in August 2014.

Interview

very slow- plenty of people to talk to- i questioned their professionalism alot- i should of refused the offer after they mentioned pay. I was the only person dressed well for the interview and prepared

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at XpresSpa (New York, NY).

Interview

I got a call from HR and talked briefly. They asked me to come into the corporate office. He asked very strange questions and was very talkative. I left feeling very confused as to what just happened. He called the next day and asked me to go into the airport to meet with the regional manager. The manager was nice and asked normal interview questions, I got to look around the spa. There was no office, the interview took place in the food court which was a little uncomfortable. I received a call a few days later that I got the job. The process took a very long time because you need to get and ID to work there.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation

Licensed Massage Therapist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at XpresSpa (Miami, FL) in January 2014.

Interview

The interview process is a little odd. Only because this is a very big airport and its hard to find where you are going if you have never traveled through there before. But once your done being lost Everything is standard. The boss is very nice I love her to death. She is very smart and is good at reading people, She looks you in your eye and gets a feel for you and if you can fit with the team. If your a happy person and you love massage then you should have no issue at all.

Interview Questions

• How long I had been a Massage Therapist?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at XpresSpa (Atlanta, GA) in June 2013.

Interview

The interview process was kind of annoying, send email saying you are interested and then wait for response. Then you have your phone interview answering your standard interview. Finally the face to face interview with the and manager. It does take time because with it being the airport you have to go through security there.

Licensed Massage Therapist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at XpresSpa (Dallas, TX) in January 2012.

Interview

you must pass airport background check before being permitted to work inside airport,badging process takes several days and its better to make an appointment.theraafter,you interview with manager and assistant manager. you then do a practical. plus, you fill out application online. the application is several pages long.