Xtreme Lashes Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Xtreme Lashes

2.9

Social Media Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Xtreme Lashes (Houston, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

The interview was done through the phone. She was fair and thorough with her questions. I thought it was fairly easy to prepare for the interview. It was obviously a qualifying interview for them (which is fine). She was prompt when it came to the time she called me. She sounded open which made the interview process easier. I got the interview through Career Fair at my school, so I had a chance to see who would be interviewing me beforehand.

Interview Questions

• How much do you expect to get compensated?   1 Answer
    • What are your strengths and weaknesses?   1 Answer

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Xtreme Lashes (Houston, TX) in January 2019.

Interview

Too many aptitude tests. The company wastes your time to make you take aptitude tests such as Excel and English and event planning. Stay Away. I was looking forward to this interview. It was a letdown. The group is disorganized. It is located in a run-down warehouse that needs renovations. It is unfortunate that the real decision maker behind the group is the male President although the group stresses the woman's name. She does not make fiscal calls.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Xtreme Lashes (Houston, TX) in November 2015.

Interview

I had a phone interview. It was very strange, in survey format "On a scale of 1 to 10, how would you rate your experience in XYZ" (different functions of marketing). At first I gave a number and then elaborated with my actual experience in those areas to back it up, but as I realized the interviewer did not react to any of what I was saying with follow-up questions and just moved on to the next question, I began to question whether any of what I was saying made any difference other than the number. I've been on lots of interviews and this was definitely one of the oddest.

Interview Questions

• On a scale of 1-10, what is your experience with marketing automation software?   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spring, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Xtreme Lashes (Spring, TX) in December 2010.

Interview

They are very thorough and use panel interviews and various tests. I was also asked to do a very extensive presentation. However I felt they were actually looking for operations skill sets and not sales skills. I put in over seven hours for the presentation. In the end I decided to decline the next step which would have been a fourth interview. My greatest concern was I was asked repeatedly how many hours I was willing to work every week. As I believe strongly in work life balance this was probably not the right position for me. But they were all very professional and very nice.

Product Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spring, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Xtreme Lashes (Spring, TX) in November 2010.

Interview

Phone interview 1 hour (behavioral).
    Later received an email explaining next step on recruiting process: Group Panel PPT 2 1/2 hour presentation regarding the proposed product development process and company competitive analysis.
    Received email 2 days later thanking for presentation and good luck.
    Red flag: did they use the presentation for their own benefit?

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Xtreme Lashes.

Interview

Interview process is over the top. 8 hours long asking the same questions over and over again. The owner doesn't feel as though she has done a thorough interview if she doesn't walk to you long enough to need a lunch or dinner break. Some employees have also been asked to come back the next day (after interviewing for 8 hours) to continue answering more of the exact same questions. It was very clear that she liked to talk (mostly about herself), and she had no idea what she was doing.

Interview Questions

• None. All the same basic interview questions asked several different ways.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They way underbid. Ask for more money. Or better yet, Don't take the offer. This is a terrible place to work.

Director of Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Xtreme Lashes.

Interview

Two months, 20 hours (not including research and preparation), 8 people (sometimes at once), countless phone calls and assessments... I was excited when I saw this job opening and quickly became disenchanted with this organization.

At some point it does feel like you're being pumped for information without hiring you. There was very little strategic conversation. I spent several hours being provided with scenarios and was asked how I would handle them. So far as I can tell they're not interested in new knowledge, they're interested in same knowledge. I feel compelled to share that there was an 8 person panel interview where they allowed someone to interview me whose fiance was someone who would be working for me. I was not informed. That's an absolute conflict of interest.

After the third interview I received a call stating they liked me but had stronger candidates for the director role. They then offered to allow me to continue in the process as a candidate for the manager position that hadn't yet been posted. They described this role as the "exact same responsibilities" leading me to believe some candidates who came before me were right. They do offer one role and try to downgrade during the process. I don't know a lot of small businesses who would hire two previously non-existent layers to the organization at the same time. That, in combination with the fact that they'd been interviewing for the director role for over a year would lead me to believe that they just couldn't find a high quality candidate who was willing to take such a pay cut.

By the 5th interview I informed the CEO that I do at some point need to decide that i've given enough information prior to being hired and wouldn't be willing to offer more. I asked If there was anything she was uncomfortable with or anything I could clarify more so that we can move this process along or part ways. She replied by telling me she doubts if I know anything that she couldn't just go read in a book.

I was pressed for information on roles that have aged off of my resume. Although I provided three references they went back to an unlisted irrelevant position I'd held 15 years ago and asked if they could get in touch with that particular manager. In another instance where I wasn't sure if I could get in touch with a former manager from 10 years ago, they asked me to try to locate them through my social media and provide them with contact information. Very unprofessional.

After the last interview I made a call to inform Xtreme Lashes that I was going to have to withdraw my application. The disregard for candidates time and disrespect for knowledge they bring was enough for me to say enough.

There is no way that anyone who currently has a job would be able to satisfy the high maintenance interview needs of Xtreme Lashes. It's a full time job just to manage their process.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were situational. They would provide a real scenario and you would have to answer how you would handle. This will go on for hours and hours.

There is also an assessment where I was provided with current employee information and asked how I would compensate the team and what changes would I make to their responsibilities. I was given two hours in which to answer a question that would typically take weeks/months of work and data review. The reports I was provided with were lacking appropriate information at best. I suspect they knew that and needed the free advice.   Answer Question

Xtreme Lashes Response

Mar 29, 2018 – Xtreme Lashes

Thank you for your feedback! We are constantly evolving our processes here to make the experience a positive one. We do our best to communicate right up front what that process is to ensure the... More

PD Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Xtreme Lashes.

Interview

I came into meet with the team bit they didn"t seem to know why they needed an intern, I didnt get past the first round. It was really far and the pay was not that good, the office was kind of small and old looking

Director of Education Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Xtreme Lashes in December 2017.

Interview

Preliminary Interview - Phone. These questions were typical and at one point the asked me to rate myself on my use of specific software.
    Second Interview- Phone Conference. This was more conversational, walking through my work history.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your work experiences.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Xtreme Lashes.

Interview

Initial phone interview - 1.5 hours detailing qualifications and company
    Face to face with panel - required a 15 minute presentation on company and training programs and then interview with panel
    Face to face with CEO - very nice, lengthy interview detailing questions on qualifications and company background
    Phone interview with CEO - additional questions