Xyratex Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Xyratex Interview Questions

Interviews at Xyratex

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Xyratex (Fremont, CA) in August 2012.

Interview

Apply through company website. Interview by HR then one on one with hiring manager and then with two engineers

Interview Questions

• All questions related to FC & SCSI protocols   1 Answer

Get other offer

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Xyratex (Sacramento, CA) in May 2010.

Interview

Went through multiple phone interviews. Phone interviews were detailed, and went very well. Was invited back for face-to-face interviews. One interview went well. The interviewer was professional. The other interviewer seemed distracted - preoccupied with something unrelated to the interview. He acted very interested in me (when he was focused on our discussion), and promised a second round interview within a couple of days.

Then he completely blew me off. The company went silent.

Even though companies have the upper hand in this very tough market, there is no reason for rudeness.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Xyratex (Fremont, CA) in October 2010.

Interview

Had 2 phone interviews one month apart and eventually the position was pulled back.

Failure Analysis Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Xyratex (West Sacramento, CA) in January 2010.

Interview

They ask the basic question of electronic such as What AC, DC?
    What is a resistor?
    transistor, know the basic of electronic.
    They ask me to draw and boolen the AND, OR, NOR gates.
    What firmware, ROM,RAM, ASCI
    What operating system are you familiar with?
     They ask you question base off on your Resumes,
    for ex: What the hardest project you ever done that have difficulties. And what was the solution and result

Production Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Xyratex (West Sacramento, CA) in June 2009.

Interview

outside agency called and arranged interviews by phone and in person.

the place looked disorganized. a fixer-upper in so many ways.

Interview Questions

• they asked about prior experience. the usual interview stuff.   Answer Question

Operations Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Sacramento, CA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Xyratex (West Sacramento, CA) in September 2011.

Interview

Simply put, the worst interview I have ever had. The first round was done by the people that performed the job already, this was not so bad. Nice enough people. However the next set of interviews was done by the Operations Manager and the line of questions was completely bizarre and had nothing to do with the job function I was interviewing for. Example: "if you could go back in time and meet anyone who would it be?" My answer: Martin Luther King. His answer: And I am not kidding... Adolf Hitler... Then the supposed senior managers interviewed me ( both from England) and asked the most inane and worthless questions I have ever been asked in an interview, all the while one of them was out the window pretending to be listening to me. An absolute joke and a waste of my time and most of all, just plane odd.

Interview Questions

• If you could go back in time and meet anyone would would it be?   2 Answers
    • Have you even been to Stratford upon Avon?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Havant, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Xyratex (Havant, England (UK)) in April 2010.

Interview

I was taken from the reception by a group lead (one of the interviewers) and shown around with explanations what the job is about. Then we went to the head of the department office and I we went through my CV explaining what I have done in the past.
    After this I was asked technical question for different functionality in C and C++ e.g. what is the scope static variable, what is (pure) virtual function. I was also asked to do a mini quiz which was based around virtual functions stuff.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Xyratex in December 2009.

Interview

Initially there was a phone interview with a hiring manager, quickly followed by the invitation for an on-site interview. The interview was well organized and professional. I talked to several engineers one-on-one. Afterwards there was a panel interview which was fairly intense. I was asked questions about prior experience, system design decisions that I made in the past with diagrams being drawn on the white board. Overall, there were few technical software questions, the interviewers focused mostly on trying to understand what I have done in the past and how it related to their objectives.
    The company was extremely quick in getting the information from my references and making a decision (it took just 2 or 3 days).
    Overall, I had a very positive experience: efficient, quick, direct and fair.

Interview Questions

I had a better offer at that time.

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Xyratex.

Interview

Smooth, very blending with my needs (I had to stay with my previous company for few extra weeks). HR staff was very helpful answering my questions and providing details I was asking about. The interview was broken into two parts, one was over Skype (most of the team is remote) and then few on-site interviews. The entire duration of the process could have been significantly shorter

Interview Questions

• none. interview was a conversation, not "We'll slam you with the questions" kinda thing.   Answer Question

Negotiation

pretty smooth process. I got what I wanted

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kitchener, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Xyratex (Kitchener, ON (Canada)) in December 2012.

Interview

Basic phone interview to determine interest, experience, skills, and personality fit.
    onsite interview with site manager
    hangout interviews with vp and architects.
    All interviews were done in a comfortable casual getting to know you style of meeting.
    The company was expanding and wanted to ensure personality fit with the team.
    Knowledge of HPC was desired but not required provided ability to pick up and learn was demonstrated.