YKK Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

Sort:

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Anaheim Hills, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at YKK (Anaheim Hills, CA).

Interview

Recruiters contact you and get basic information, Interview with local manager Sean Coppage at the Anaheim Hills office, wait for a month or so to hear back, 2nd interview on site, wait another month to hear anything, job offer

Interview Questions

• all basic things, tell me about yourself, strengths and weaknesses, why this position, why did you leave your last job, whats your dream job, how did you respond to this situation   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Anaheim, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at YKK (Anaheim, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

I sat in a room and talked informally about myself. I was there already as a temp. They asked me questions and spent the most of the time talking and laughing with each other.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Global Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at YKK (New York, NY) in August 2012.

Interview

The interviewing process lasted about 1 month, due to scheduling conflicts. The first interview was in the NYC office with the 2 managers of the office and the HR manager via phone conference. The interview was very pleasant and the company has a nice feel to it. The questions seemed to be coming from a list that the HR person had in front of him, but other than that the interview didn't feel staged, overly stressful and was an occasion to get to know me and for me to get to know them.

The second interview was purely tests. Approximately 2 weeks after the first round, they asked for me to come in and fill out a timed test for math and logic skills and then an un-timed personality test. This was somewhat confusing but I gave it my best shot. The company was very understanding of the time it took to complete the un-timed test.

A few weeks later, the company offered me the position and I accepted. The company's hiring process seems to be filled exclusively through headhunters, so if there is a desire by a candidate to work for YKK, it is best to reach out to headhunters to see if they can arrange something.

Global Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anaheim, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at YKK (Anaheim, CA) in December 2012.

Interview

I got a call from the HR manager for a phone screening. She asked typical questions and nothing picky. After the screening, I was contacted by the marketing manager for a 1on1 interview. Interview lasted 2 hours. The manager gave me an overview about the company's history and the expectations that comes with the position.

Global Marketing Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at YKK in October 2018.

Interview

Phone interview. An HR director conducted the interview. She was extremely rude and disrespectful. Talked at me, told me why she thought I was not a good fit instead of asking me why I was right for the job.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your experience:   Answer Question
    • How are your Excel skills?   Answer Question
    • "I don't understand why you're applying for this job. It doesn't make sense to me and I don't think you'd be the right fit. Why are you applying for this job?"   Answer Question
    • Do you have any experience other than an internship?   Answer Question
    • When I described growth potential as something I value in a position the interviewer told me that I wouldn't be a good candidate for promotion.   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at YKK in December 2016.

Interview

The company only goes through 3rd party recruiters, so one of them will call you about the position. There are many things they are misled about (company car perk, vacation/sick time, amount of actual travel, and sometimes the bonus structure). First there is a personality test. Next is a resume screen by the HR manager over the phone, takes about 20-30 minutes. Then there was an in person interview with the office manager. All the questions focused on my background and about how I accomplished certain things, very standard.

Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at YKK (New Delhi (India)) in October 2015.

Interview

three round process, one by Hr executive second by manager sales and last by R.M.
    Interview was a average difficulty level and was cracked easily, shortlisted from 10 candidates for only one vacancy

Interview Questions

• how can you make the difference to our company, if we select you?   Answer Question

Negotiation

negotiated over salary part when i was selected and got what was i asked for

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dhaka (Bangladesh)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at YKK (Dhaka (Bangladesh)) in January 2018.

Interview

written and then viva, applied through bdjobs.. they mailed and sms me by the phone... on due date,, written and viva was at the same day.... questions was not very difficult... all were broad questions.... they were very helpful and as a japaniese company , there were restrictions.

Interview Questions

• basic question related to job descriptions   1 Answer
    • what is dc and cnc??   1 Answer

Human Resources Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at YKK (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in September 2014.

Interview

I came three times which could have been managed to two;

The first 2 rounds were HR functional rounds.

The last one was with the top management including the Managing Director.

When I got selected and offered, there were few policies which were not communicated properly rather mis-communicated.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to join YKK?
      Why YKK when there are other Japanese Giants as well?   1 Answer

Product Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tokyo (Japan)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at YKK (Tokyo (Japan)) in October 2016.

Interview

Had an interview back in my home country via skype, passed the round and got called to Japan for another round. The questions were pretty much the same both the times. They mainly look for people who adjust to the Japanese working conditions, especially since the company is in a small town.

Interview Questions

• Basic interview questions:
      Strengths and weaknesses
      biggest achievement
      biggest struggle in life
      how would you like being posted to other locations
      how would you adjust to working in a small town   Answer Question