YSO Capital Management Interview Questions | Glassdoor

YSO Capital Management Interview Questions

2.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at YSO Capital Management

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at YSO Capital Management.

Interview

first round introduction, second round article summary, final group interview

Summer Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at YSO Capital Management.

Interview

Was emailed to come in for a in person first round interview, very brief and behavioral based. Asked me about my background and what my career interests were. Very friendly small firm. Was told I was to be contacted via email in a week, second interview was a write up based on an inflation article , we were given one hour.

Third round was a group interview with the Yee Ong the firm head, very easy friendly guy. 3rd round was meant to interview and scope out the one who were really interested and fit best for the positions vs. the weaker candidates.

Interview Questions

• Nothing too difficult, the write up was most challenging.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Burlingame, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at YSO Capital Management (Burlingame, CA) in June 2013.

Interview

3 rounds of interviews. The 1st consisted of questions such as why are you interested in interning here, what do you plan on doing after graduation, etc. 2nd round was a page writing on an article chosen for you relating to some field of business. 3rd round was meeting with the founder of the company as a group with others who have made it past the 2nd round.

Investment Analyst Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burlingame, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at YSO Capital Management (Burlingame, CA) in May 2012.

Interview

3 rounds of interviews - 1 CV interview with the VP of the company, about your interests and experience; 1 One-hour test to summarize and analyze a financial news article; and 1 group interview with a group of applicants directly with the company president
    The CV interview is easy, you only need to elaborate your past experiences and show your dedication. The next two rounds are relatively harder.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to intern with us, and not other companies?   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was an internship and I did not negotiate.

Anonymous Employee in Burlingame, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at YSO Capital Management (Burlingame, CA) in June 2010.

Interview

The in person interview is fairly straightforward. Aside from the typical questions the interviewer did ask specifically about a current investment that I favored and why. The next step involved on the spot analysis of current event and a short write-up summarizing the response. Head asset manager is directly engaged in the interview process and takes interest in each prospective hire.

Interview Questions

• What is your most favored investment opportunity at present?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at YSO Capital Management in June 2011.

Interview

Drove to the office to be interviewed. Waited in the lobby while he was interviewing someone else. Was asked general questions about why I wanted to be an intern there and why I was interested in the markets. I didn't get a call back, but in the second interview you are given an economic article and have to summarize it.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe the current state of the economy?   Answer Question

Research Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at YSO Capital Management in June 2010.

Interview

A resume and cover letter was sent online. I then was contacted for an in person 1 on 1 interview with the VP of client services followed by a summary exercise of an online article. One week later I was contacted for a final group interview with the president of the company