Yandex Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Yandex Interview Questions

Interviews at Yandex

3.2

Researcher Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Yandex in January 2020.

Interview

i had a zoom interview. i got explanation on the position and on the general product which they developed(auto-ml for automotive). then i have been asked many theoretical questions.

Interview Questions

• write a function that inputs and array and a number K. and returns K largests element.
      what is the complexity   1 Answer

Content Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Yandex (New York, NY).

Interview

First they sent a task regarding of the position and if you are successful they invited you first interview and then second interview follows it.

Hiring manager and your manager attend the interview.

Interview Questions

• Generally interview questions are related of the role and technology   Answer Question

Application

The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Yandex in July 2019.

Interview

Several phone interviews via Skype with current software engineers. They were all very friendly, no behavior questions, only programming questions and experience-related questions. Questions starting with easy warm-up ones and ending with equivalent to Hard on Leetcode.

Interview Questions

• Merge K sorted linked lists. Find substring that contains given characters in any order.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Yandex (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Very long, people were very nice and they were very intrigued in what I have done previously. Otherwise, the questions were indeed very clear and manageable. finally, the process was lenghty, I had to wait for several weeks to get an answer, and I was forced to follw up with then.

Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Yandex (Chicago, IL) in January 2016.

Interview

Relaxed environment. Don’t be nervous and you’ll most likely get the job. Took about 10 minutes of chatting to get the job offer. Dress nice and wear a nice watch. Get their attention

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Yandex in May 2014.

Interview

I applied through the Yandex web site, and sent the solutions to a few tasks which took overall three full days to complete. The questions were fairly difficult and required good problem solving, knowledge about complexity, data structures and algorithms, and good C++ skills. After that, a recruiter contacted me and set up a Skype interview with two developers. I thought at this point they would just verify my level of knowledge about the skills I had proven to have by solving the tasks. Instead, they asked me questions that were more difficult than those posted on the web site. Really kind of tricky. Why don't they interview people for half an hour like all decent companies as a first step instead of making you develop for days and then rejecting you because you cannot answer a couple of tricky questions? At Yandex they probably think that half an hour of theirs is worth three days of yours. I think they should select people first, and make sure they fit their needs, and then ask them to develop for hours. And finally the funny thing is the email they send you telling you you are not going to get offered a job in which they suggest they might contact you for future opportunities. All to avoid THESE kind of reviews, which I think everyone should write.

Interview Questions

• Some coding involving constructors in C++ containing within themselves dynamically allocated objects and how to handle exceptions that might be risen   3 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Yandex in May 2014.

Interview

I had 2 phone interviews, 45 mins each. Since I was applying from another city, I was not invited for an on site interview. I do not know if they invite people who live in the same city to the office for extra interviews.

The first interviewer focused on Basic programming questions on a shared document. I was contacted for a second phone screen which was more on my school projects.

In general, the process was very fast, Very knowledgeable people doing the interviews.

Interview Questions

• Signed an Nda. Typical data structures related programming questions.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Interview

1 HR asks all the questions and writes notes to laptop. HR has not many technical background, but she were very friendly and answers all the questions you ask. The whole process took about 40 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Print "1 s 2 s 3 s ... s n" for arbitary given string s and integer n.   Answer Question
    • How to find out the metrics for a test and decide whether to make a tested change   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Moscow (Russia)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Yandex (Moscow (Russia)) in June 2020.

Interview

A schedule and communication were good. I had 4 Coding interviews with Easy/Medium leetcode questions. A design interview - designing queue system. But feedback took a lot of time, about 3-4 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Tree traversal,zigzag iterator, merging intervals, perfect square   Answer Question

Brand Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Yandex.

Interview

There were 3 stages: phone interview, 2 face to face interviews, including task presentation.
    The task was relatively challenging, the last interview with Department Director I would even consider as a stressful one.

Interview Questions

• About my previous experience and what I'm looking for right now   Answer Question