Yandex Interview Questions

Updated Sep 16, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 182 of over 182 interviews

In Person11%
3.1
HardAverageEasy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moscow

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Yandex (Moscow)

Interview

The interview took place in two stages, on different days. in the first I was asked more general questions from the front-end sphere, and in the second - more details about the functions and algorithms, I don't remember the details, but I remember the general impression of the interview, positive

Interview Questions
  • I was need to write function that returns a reversed string
    Answer Question

Yandex

Application

I interviewed at Yandex

Interview

I really liked everything . But it was difficult for me. They asked 3 questions about algorithms and asked to proof correctness of this algorithm plus time and space complexity

Interview Questions
  • Algorithm questions, binary search time and space complexity
1 person found this interview helpful

Yandex

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Yandex

Interview

Steps: 1. HR screening interview with questions about experience and behavioral questions 2. Technical interview with ML / analytics / design questions 3. Algorithms interview Each step took ~1 hour You can apply for positions in differenct teams - in this case you would have one Tech interview for every team

Interview Questions
  • Algorithms: more logical problems, no hardcore data structures (level easy/medium) Design questions like Recently we had a task like … What would be you basic approach to solve it? How would you upgrade it? Analytics/business questions like Some C-level person wants to improve process X. And he/she needs a dashboard to measure those improvements. Which metrics would you add to the dashboard?

Yandex

Application

I interviewed at Yandex

Interview

You meet person in zoom conference. Then you must solve two problems. You write code in text redactor. You can ask questions about problems and job position. Next day you get feedback about interview.

Interview Questions
  • Find longest substring of 1 if you can delete one 0. Code a hash table.

Yandex

Application

I interviewed at Yandex

Interview

The interviewer was prepared, the questions were open. The complexity of the tasks was selected for me. The whole process was shorthand, within 30 minutes I was given a detailed report on the interview process, about my strengths and weaknesses.

Interview Questions
  • General knowledge (data structures, algorithms) Javascript (closures, event loop)

Yandex

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Yandex

Interview

That was a discussion with 3 people from software engineering group for which I was applying. There were some engineering tasks, questions about experience with details, some puzzles, some math.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moscow

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Yandex (Moscow)

Interview

They said they were hiring for a UX researcher but then send me a test task for a product manager (create MVP and calculate unit economy), and that was not a mistake - they just had no idea what does a researcher do. I said I will not procede with them. I was shocked that one of the largest IT companies in Russia has such bad hiring practices. One month later they reposted the job ad - I guess they could not find anybody.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moscow

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Yandex (Moscow) in Jul 2021

Interview

Constist of 4 interview levels - formal communication with theory and basics. Second two stages constist of sport-programming tasks requiring "hand-based thinking" with online button ckicks control. Very strange system of selection. Takning into account that yandex has no any significant innovation anywhere that does not ad much innovative growth.

Interview Questions
  • Binary trees O(n..), tree algorithms efficiency etc.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Yandex (New York, NY)

Interview

The interview process consists of 3 examination. The first examination is language skill. Then you will be asked to pass the some tests according to the given descriptions and rules on the online base.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Yandex

Application

I interviewed at Yandex

Interview

There are three 3 programming interviews and one machine learning. In fact, all of them are leet code interviews (even machine learning interview was about algorithms and data structures). I was asked about my experience in computer vision during ml interview. Then I should solve two algorithmic exercises. Sometimes interviewer was rude and impolite. Also HR said that I would get answer in a week but disappeared for two moths

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 182 Interviews