Yaskawa Electric America Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Yaskawa Electric America Interview Questions

Updated Mar 6, 2017

3.1

Product Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Yaskawa Electric America.

Interview

I applied on the career website of my school, got a call in 2 weeks. HR was very nice. Did a skype interview a little over an hour with my potential manager. He asked me some behavioral questions and 2 quite basic technical questions. 2 weeks later I got a call from the HR and got the job

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rolla, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Yaskawa Electric America (Rolla, MO).

Interview

I have heard that one of the things Yaskawa really looks for is hands on projects that people have done. I brought my laptop to the interview and presented some of my best 3D modeling work and a short video demonstrating a completed project that I did for fun. I have heard that other successful interviewees brought in 3D printed projects, etc.

Interview Questions

• How would you go about estimating the number of chickens that can fit in a school bus?   Answer Question

Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waukegan, IL

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Yaskawa Electric America (Waukegan, IL).

Interview

Applied through 3rd party hiring co. Interviewed with them, then got the opportunity to interview with Yaskawa directly. Yaskawa interview was with Director of Inside Sales, Inside Sales Supervisor, Inside Sales Manager and an inside sales rep. Interviews were basic and examined past scenarios of dealing with multitasking, irate customers, working with supervisors and meeting goals. Came back for second interview with Human Resouce Manager. Very direct and wanted to understand commitment towards position.

Mechanical Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Yaskawa Electric America in September 2016.

Interview

I met Yaskawa representatives (a senior employee and a junior employee who was an Alum from my university) at a career fair in the Fall at my university. I spoke with the reps for roughly 20 minutes and they said they would contact me if they wanted to interview me. They called me that evening and asked me to come to an interview the next morning. In the interview, I was given a piece of paper and a pen and was asked to write out answers to technical questions based mainly on Dynamics, Kinematics, and Physics. The questions they asked were meant to see if you knew the principles that governed mechanics and if you could remember the equations that supported the behavior of static and dynamic rigid bodies.

Interview Questions

• If you had a spring with stiffness k and length L and then you elongated the spring to a length of 2L, how would the spring react?   1 Answer

Supply Chain Analyst A Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Downers Grove, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Yaskawa Electric America (Downers Grove, IL) in February 2016.

Interview

the interview was pretty straight forward under casual environment. I attended the APICS Great Lake District Case competition. After that, there was the career fair. I got the interview there.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waukegan, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Yaskawa Electric America (Waukegan, IL) in February 2016.

Interview

20 minute phone interview. Never asked about strengths or weaknesses, or typical questions. They really wanted to get to know me and my experience. Got offered the job without an in person interview. This has been the experience of many others and it is great to see because there is no discrimination that way. They want you to be able to do the job and physical appearance doesn't matter.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5-10 years? What is your dream job?   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was open and intelligent. An offer was given along with time to think. We then came together to make an agreement.

Industrial Engineering Interview

Application

Interview

The interview was at the career fair in my university. The questions were mostly behavioral and the panel was very friendly and professional. It was a 20 minute interview and also included few puzzle and logical questions. Technical questions about the products or electrical components in general weren't focused on by the panel.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Yaskawa Electric America (Milwaukee, WI) in October 2015.

Interview

Interviewed by HR rep and engineer. Pleasant experience where they asked mostly behavioral questions as well as a few riddles. They said that they'd get back to me within a week or two but ended up taking about 4ish weeks. I figured they were just waiting to hear back from their first choice candidates.

Interview Questions

• How many ping pong balls fit in to a gallon?
      How are you a mad scientist?
      Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Yaskawa Electric America (Milwaukee, WI) in September 2015.

Interview

Going to the career fair and making a good impression was the only way to get the interview. There was an interview with an engineer and HR rep following the career fair. They asked technical and experience questions. Two weeks later I received an offer to intern as a field engineer. They decide where and what you'll be working on as far as I understand.

Interview Questions

• Our best employees are kind of like mad scientists. What makes you a mad scientist?   Answer Question

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Yaskawa Electric America (Columbus, OH) in May 2011.

Interview

Meet hiring manager first. Other staff in group. Then other group managers. Higher level management follows. Very polite and friendly, very open and honest. Job could have been more accurately described about what is focus as it changed from interview process.

Interview Questions

• Technical engineering question   1 Answer