Yaskawa Electric America Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Yaskawa Electric America Interview Questions

Interviews at Yaskawa Electric America

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Yaskawa Electric America (Milwaukee, WI) in October 2015.

Interview

Interviewed by HR rep and engineer. Pleasant experience where they asked mostly behavioral questions as well as a few riddles. They said that they'd get back to me within a week or two but ended up taking about 4ish weeks. I figured they were just waiting to hear back from their first choice candidates.

Interview Questions

• How many ping pong balls fit in to a gallon?
      How are you a mad scientist?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waukegan, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Yaskawa Electric America (Waukegan, IL) in February 2016.

Interview

20 minute phone interview. Never asked about strengths or weaknesses, or typical questions. They really wanted to get to know me and my experience. Got offered the job without an in person interview. This has been the experience of many others and it is great to see because there is no discrimination that way. They want you to be able to do the job and physical appearance doesn't matter.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5-10 years? What is your dream job?   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was open and intelligent. An offer was given along with time to think. We then came together to make an agreement.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Yaskawa Electric America (Chicago, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

We met at the career fair. I was brought in for a behavioral interview. I heard back within a few months after the interview. The interview did not contain any technical questions and they were very friendly.

Interview Questions

• Describe a project that you've done to solve a problem important to you.   Answer Question

Industrial Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Yaskawa Electric America.

Interview

The interview was at the career fair in my university. The questions were mostly behavioral and the panel was very friendly and professional. It was a 20 minute interview and also included few puzzle and logical questions. Technical questions about the products or electrical components in general weren't focused on by the panel.

Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waukegan, IL

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Yaskawa Electric America (Waukegan, IL).

Interview

Applied through 3rd party hiring co. Interviewed with them, then got the opportunity to interview with Yaskawa directly. Yaskawa interview was with Director of Inside Sales, Inside Sales Supervisor, Inside Sales Manager and an inside sales rep. Interviews were basic and examined past scenarios of dealing with multitasking, irate customers, working with supervisors and meeting goals. Came back for second interview with Human Resouce Manager. Very direct and wanted to understand commitment towards position.

Sourcing Analyst Interview

Interview

I was brought in for an in-person interview at their Buffalo Grove facility. An offer was extended, and after receiving the offer I asked if they had room to improve on the salary/vacation terms.

It took 6 weeks for them to get back to me, during which time they ignored the majority of my attempts to communicate. After all that time trying to connect and get an answer, I sent an email asking for a response by a specific date, after which point I would move on. They finally did respond, though they rescinded the offer. In addition, the Buffalo Grove facility is considerable distance from my home, and they did not reimburse me for the mileage.

I found their lack of responsiveness and the fact that they have not reimbursed me for mileage to be incredibly unprofessional.

EDIT: The mileage did finally show up (3+ months after the interview).

Interview Questions

• Describe what you would look for in selecting a supplier?   Answer Question

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Yaskawa Electric America (Columbus, OH) in May 2011.

Interview

Meet hiring manager first. Other staff in group. Then other group managers. Higher level management follows. Very polite and friendly, very open and honest. Job could have been more accurately described about what is focus as it changed from interview process.

Interview Questions

• Technical engineering question   1 Answer

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Yaskawa Electric America (Columbus, OH) in February 2018.

Interview

First, got a call from a recruiter about an opportunity to work with a Motion Company. 2 weeks later, initial phone interview with the supervisor (75 minutes). It took them 2 months to schedule a second phone interview. A week later was scheduled for an onsite. offer in hand after a week

Interview Questions

• Would you leave a customer site while the machine you are working on is still not running?   1 Answer

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Yaskawa Electric America (Milwaukee, WI) in September 2015.

Interview

Going to the career fair and making a good impression was the only way to get the interview. There was an interview with an engineer and HR rep following the career fair. They asked technical and experience questions. Two weeks later I received an offer to intern as a field engineer. They decide where and what you'll be working on as far as I understand.

Interview Questions

• Our best employees are kind of like mad scientists. What makes you a mad scientist?   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rolla, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Yaskawa Electric America (Rolla, MO).

Interview

I have heard that one of the things Yaskawa really looks for is hands on projects that people have done. I brought my laptop to the interview and presented some of my best 3D modeling work and a short video demonstrating a completed project that I did for fun. I have heard that other successful interviewees brought in 3D printed projects, etc.

Interview Questions

• How would you go about estimating the number of chickens that can fit in a school bus?   Answer Question