York Telecom Corporation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

York Telecom Corporation Interview Questions

Updated Mar 31, 2017

Interviews for Top Jobs at York Telecom Corporation

Na Interview

Interview

Interview was unprofessional and I could tell I had the job immediately. I asked more questions then them. I think they ask my name. It was unfortunate but I was glad to have the job. They didn't call for a while though.

Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at York Telecom Corporation (Baltimore, MD).

Interview

Phone interview: Asked questions like what sports did I do if any supposedly trying to see what I was like as a kid
    In person interview: was told the job was between me and another person. Interview seemed to go great except some comments such as "they had to walk everywhere" and being adamant on taking the stairs and watching how I handled it..weird. told I would get a call back within the next 2 days..nothing...I call them...they don't answer...I email them nothing...finally today I get a hold of the manager which quite frankly seems like he made a mistake answering the phone. I asked what was going on, tells me they decided to go in a different direction. Look online to see they reposted the exact position the previous day. Appreciate the honesty...............

Interview Questions

• What sports did I do as a kid (trying to see where I come from)   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at York Telecom Corporation.

Interview

Mid-level difficulty - met with mgmt team locally, reference checks, etc. Process took a little long once the provided offer, but very professional and fine with me. Hiring manager was very direct and a great person to deal with

Interview Questions

• Industry knowledge, many questions about my take on the industry from different interviewers not all on the same page...   Answer Question

Negotiation

able to negotiate best deal and very professional and pleasant experience

Service Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Basingstoke, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at York Telecom Corporation (Basingstoke, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

Not getting an offer it's easy to see this as sour grapes, it's not but I ask you to read and take what I say at face value. Having been invited in to meet one person, I arrived and was put in a room without meeting anybody from HR. I was told that a somebody else would interview me via video conference. A lot of my prep work was seemingly wasted but it is a video conferencing company so it made a bit of sense. The interview was quite general, he expressed his satisfaction that I had video conference experience with my 20 year career elsewhere. After a follow up I was invited in again to meet the first person for a second interview. When I arrived he was unware of my appointment and was not in the building. They asked me to come back another day, having taken holiday I asked for a video conference which was then arranged. The gentleman was clearly not prepared and we spoke in general terms for around twenty mins before he had to log out for another meeting. Again, he expressed general satisfaction with my experience. After two follow ups in two weeks to HR the replies were positive both stating that "you are in the lead". Two days after the second of these mails I was told I had been rejected because I lacked video experience. I have followed up twice feeding back my dissatisfaction on this outcome and process with no reply at all. Make up your own minds, I found this unprofessional and discourteous in the extreme.

Interview Questions

• general discussions around past experience, situation and desires etc.   Answer Question