Yorkshire Building Society Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Yorkshire Building Society Interview Questions

Updated Jul 27, 2017

3.6

Linux Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bradford, Yorkshire and the Humber, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Yorkshire Building Society (Bradford, Yorkshire and the Humber, England (UK)) in June 2017.

Interview

1 stage face to face with the Team Lead and Manager. Included a 1 hour technical test, followed by a 1 hour interview with both people. The test was lengthy and indepth.

Interview Questions

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Yorkshire Building Society.

Interview

Compentancy based Interview. 2 Branch Managers interviewed me. Just have good examples of things you have done in previous employment and expect to be questioned further on your answers. Took about hour and a half

Interview Questions

• Can you give an example of when you have had to work under pressure   Answer Question

Customer Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Peterborough, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Yorkshire Building Society (Peterborough, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

Telephone Interview followed by a Face to face interview where you have competency based questions around the societies behavioural framework followed by either a presentation around customer service or a role-play based around a banking appointment

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of when you have had to change your approach to meet a
      customer’s needs or expectations?
      Give me an example of when you have faced a moral dilemma?
      Demonstrate took time to know and understand in genuine and personal way – that you
      will take time asking genuine questions and listening carefully to the answers.
      How do you cope with change?
      Have you ever identified something you had to change about yourself and what did you
      do?   Answer Question

Risk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leeds, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Yorkshire Building Society (Leeds, England (UK)).

Interview

Damn hard work all the way from start to finish was never ending. Completed form and loaded my cv online, then I was asked to complete two psychometric tests English and Maths even though I was already employed by them and had completed them 7 month previously,, then had a 30 minute telephone interview and then finally a one hour interview. By that time the job had surpassed me and considering the salary on offer, they really made me work for my interview. The final straw was being given no feedback on any of my interviews. To be honest, in my opinion companies and especially banks that put barriers up to potential employees and offer a salary that doesn't reflect the requirements, are not promoting community spirits and consequently not worth bothering with. YBS did nothing to keep me on even though I was capable and had delivered everything they had employed me for, and I had been working for them for two years on a fixed term contract. In the end I became fed up of applying for jobs internally and not getting anywhere. I applied for 5 internal jobs in total and suddenly I wasn't good enough for any of the roles. I decided my path was better elsewhere

Learning An Development Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leeds, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Yorkshire Building Society (Leeds, England (UK)) in August 2016.

Interview

Initial phone interview to discuss CV and experience. Follow up panel meeting with a series of behavioural questions plus a case study. Second interview with director on expecations of the role and contribution to the team.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you would influence a senior manager who was complacent about following through with assessing impact of soft skill training?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Yorkshire Building Society in January 2016.

Interview

Let me start by cutting the proverbial right here, right now. Their recruitment process is a joke.

So much so that I felt compelled to do a short write up on it. Here's what they want from you for the honor of being paid a kings ransom (not). Extensive online Psychometric test. Over 60 questions of the "strongly agree / agree / strongly disagree" sort that are engineered for total ambiguity. Requires you to waste least an hour of your time. If you pass that, then they conduct a telephone interview on you. You get to hear about the job, which transpires to be absolutely nothing like the job you read in the job ad. Upon hearing the 'actual' description you realize exactly why. Then, the 30 minutes of interrogation begins. Oh and they put you on speaker phone without telling you, which is quite coy. Nice. Completely unapologetic when I commented about that.

Think we're done? Oh no...Wrong. Get called back and told you've got to wait two weeks for the pleasure of dragging yourself to their assessment centre where you're given the honor of being their free printing service for the multitude of forms they'll email you ahead of the unpaid morning of brain anesthetizing background checks, exercises, interrogations all critiqued and assessed at their pleasure. The best bit is that after all this, there's every chance you wont even be hired.

Ask yourself, would you run this gauntlet for a job that is offering McDonalds levels of pay, the grand sum of £15,000 PA. Really. Anyone who's of sufficient calibre to be suitable for the job will see that YBS is taking the mick, in broad day light. Yet YBS wants those very same people. Oh, dearest Monty python....

I'm forgetting this glorious role was a "flexible working contract" AKA zero hour contract. For only a 4 months, mind you.

Sound good? I'm done.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of how you would establish trust?   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leeds, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Yorkshire Building Society (Leeds, England (UK)) in August 2015.

Interview

I was told there might be a telephone interview but there wasn't. The face to face interview consisted of a skills review and competency based questions. Generally it was handled very well and I was impressed by the way I was treated.

Interview Questions

• I was asked the questions about my CV, experience and competency based questions.   Answer Question

IT Service Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Yorkshire Building Society (Bradford, Yorkshire and the Humber, England (UK)) in August 2015.

Interview

Applied via agency, and shortlisted for first stage interview which was with two people using a set of standard competency based questions. I expected YBS to be a fairly conservative organisation, but it's actually got some leading edge stuff. The questions therefore went from fairly easy into some quite complex aspects. The interviewers were quite friendly and it's seems like a good place to work.

Mortgage Advisor Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Yorkshire Building Society in June 2015.

Interview

applied on line, then had a telephone call to arrange an interview. The interview was quite Standard usual competency based question and experience you've had. Really made me feel at ease and welcome, was probably one of the nicest interview I have had. Explained the role thoroughly and asked if I had any questions. Staff were also very welcoming and seemed very happy and a relaxed atmosphere.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you faced a customer complaint/ what did you do to resolve it   Answer Question

Negotiation

asked what wage I would hope to expect ..so was honest and said how much I wanted ..and got it !

Mobile Mortgage Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Yorkshire Building Society.

Interview

Online application, online aptitude test, telephone interview, face to face competency interview.

Interview Questions

• No real difficult questions, usual competency based questions. A lot of info is on the web for ybs interviews.   1 Answer