YouTube Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.3

Sort:

Policy Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Bruno, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at YouTube (San Bruno, CA) in July 2011.

Interview

Contacted by a recruiter who set up a phone interview. Spoke with someone on the team for 30 minutes about my opinion on internet trends and policy issues. Immediately contacted by recruiter who set up an on-site interview. On site interview included 4 individual interviews and a team lunch. Found out about a week later I didn't get the job.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at YouTube?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Bruno, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at YouTube (San Bruno, CA).

Interview

A chat with the recruiter before being sent a coding test. The coding test was two questions of medium difficulty. Afterwards, there was an interview over the phone with an engineer before being sent in for an on-site interview.

The on-site interview was pretty long. Four separate interviews, all technically. One was a design question

Interview Questions

• Questions on graphs. They seem to really like BFS/DFS questions. Another question was on making long sequences of numbers, and how to analyze that. The last question was on designing a site that gives out a certain service and how to manage that. Just look up "design interview questions" and make sure you are well versed.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at YouTube (Mountain View, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

Online OA followed by a phone interview.
    After that there are four rounds onsite interviews. Two rounds followed by a lunch and then the other rounds. The questions are not very hard, all medium difficulty questions in leetcode. The process is very standard. The HR is very nice, and give very useful tips in the process.

Interview Questions

• 1. Palindrome
      2. raindrop
      3. split a bit tree to two but trees
      4. count island   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at YouTube in September 2015.

Interview

It was 45min technical phone interview. The interviewer sounded not so happy so that made me nervous right in the beginning of the interview. Overall it was nice. I made a mistake in some places so lost the chance to move forward in the interview process. Also the email sent by the recruiter that involved sources and topics to be covered for the interview were not at all asked in my interview. Not even close.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about Python and to code on google sheets shared on the google drive.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at YouTube (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied to Google online. Got an email back the next day with a position for YouTube. Scheduled a phone screen a few weeks out, and then got a standard technical interview. Got a call a week later saying to come back in 12 months.

Interview Questions

• Find the closest common ancestor in a binary tree, given any two nodes of the tree.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at YouTube.

Interview

Contacted on LinkedIn by a university recruiter in the spring and was told that I'll be contacted again for an interview in the summer. Recruiter was very responsive and delivered over the summer, had my phone interview that didn't go very well because I was in full-on internship mode versus interview question mode, which are very different. Recruiter was great about giving feedback and told me that he'd be in contact after 6 months. Very positive experience.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at YouTube in October 2015.

Interview

I only reached the Phone Screening. The level of question was not that high if you have mugged up popular sites. The part that was annoying is that the first time the interviewer didn't call. I didn't get any email about no-show of the interviewer prior to the appointment and had to contact myself to recruiter.

The time I got connected, the interviewer jumped straight to the programming question as though he was running out of time. The sad part is that when I got my feedback for the interview with the statement Interviewer didn't find me competent enough to write code on Google Docs. My suggestion is to write in the preparation email (sent before interview) clearly that the candidates will be tested on how they can code on Google Docs. Very surprising on that part. I have heard people struggling with Big O notations and basic graph traversal questions and still getting a call for second round.

For love of God, please maintain some consistency in selection process. You surely wasted 20 days in anticipation and preparation for a pathetic interview experience.

Interview Questions

• A question on memoization. If you know what is memoization and how to use it, then this question will be easy to tackle. (Sorry can't share the question)   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at YouTube (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted by the recruiter in 3 or 4 days asking me to schedule a phone screen. The recruiter was very friendly and cooperative when I asked for some extra time as I had some other interviews lined up and college work to take care of. When I eventually did schedule a phone interview, it lasted about 45 mins. There was one matrix related question and I was asked to code in Java on a shared document.

Interview Questions

• One problem to be coded in Java. Exception handling, complexity measurement and optimization of the problem.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at YouTube.

Interview

I had applied for this online. A recruiter called me within a day to schedule the interview for a time I would be comfortable. They were very flexible. After selecting the date, she even sent me a study guide material.

Interview Questions

• Given a tree, find and return the deepest node, along with it's depth. If multiple such nodes exist, return the right-most one.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at YouTube.

Interview

Really simple, recruiter, tech interview, onsite. The recruiter was really friendly, they really want you to be fast. Do a lot of Leetcode! But overall keep your cool and get plenty of sleep!

Interview Questions

• system design, graphs(find shortest cycle and evaluate division)   Answer Question