Young Living Essential Oils Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Young Living Essential Oils

2.4

Sort:

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Young Living Essential Oils in January 2018.

Interview

The work was interesting but the interviewers were not positive and felt negative towards female employees. I was not impressed with the other employees. They could not answer questions about company culture and the work environment seemed toxic.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lehi, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Young Living Essential Oils (Lehi, UT) in June 2015.

Interview

Quick, easy, painless. Got back to me quickly. Hired me within a week. The interview was more a conversation. I liked they that wanted to get to know me, rather than hound me with 20 questions. I felt appreciated and understood. By far the best interview I've ever had.

Interview Questions

• My job experience.
      It was positive because it was more of a conversation than an interview.   Answer Question

Team Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in American Fork, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Young Living Essential Oils (American Fork, UT) in June 2015.

Interview

Behavioral and fit questions. Wanted to see if I could produce results and if I could prove that I have modeled this behavior before. You interview with an operations manager first and then your interview with senior managers, and finally with the Director.

Interview Questions

• Give me a time when you've had to lead a group of people   Answer Question

Research Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lehi, UT

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Young Living Essential Oils (Lehi, UT) in September 2018.

Interview

Brief phone interview, panel in person interview. Leader came late and seemed uninterested. Interview lasted about 45 minutes. Was in a cramped office. They said they would let me know either way by the end of the following week and they didn't do that. I had to call them back and was told they went with another candidate

Inbound Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in American Fork, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Young Living Essential Oils (American Fork, UT) in November 2017.

Interview

Screener phone interview, first interview in person and typing test, second interview in person and offer same time, plus pre-employment urine test that must be completed within 24 hours of offer of employment

Independent Distributor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Young Living Essential Oils (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2013.

Interview

The interview is just a formality as it is a vehicle to make you feel relaxed about signing up with Young Living multi-level marketing. The ad you answer makes it seem like you are being interviewed for an internship or as a team member of the interviewer. You are a team member, but it's up to you to build your team.

Interview Questions

• Would you be willing to make a commitment to spend at least $100/mo to get acquainted with our products?   Answer Question
    • While briefly displaying an income disclosure statement that shows that less than 2% of independent distributors make a living wage, they will show you a scheme whereby if you sign only six distributors and each of them sign six distributors and each of them sign six, etc., etc., you could be making a six or seven figure income on bonuses alone.

The "napkin" math behind this model is flawed in that it would take the whole population of the US to make it work. One is so impressed by the possible gross salary figure, that one does not think to question the assumptions.   Answer Question

Graphic Design Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lehi, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Young Living Essential Oils (Lehi, UT) in January 2016.

Interview

It was really casual and felt more like a conversation than an interview. I would come with questions ready to keep the flow going. I opted not to bring any pieces from my portfolio thinking I would show them my online portfolio but when I connected to their wifi I had connection problems and it wouldn't load appropriately. I think they are wanting someone who is excited about the job and the company.

Interview Questions

• Wanted to know how I could handle a company rebrand and if I can comply with branding guidelines   1 Answer

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lehi, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Young Living Essential Oils (Lehi, UT) in October 2013.

Interview

I've applied for the position several times. It's listed as a Graphic Designer but the bulk of the job are the qualifications and workflow of a photographer. I had a good experience in a walk-in interview, I had come in to visit a co-worker, stopped by HR and was directed to the person in Marketing over the hiring process. HR deemed me as more than qualified and was highly impressed with my portfolio, the Marketing department had a different view on what they were looking for but will contact me for out-sourcing photography work. If a position becomes available more geared toward photography they'll use the out-source work as a factor to determine if they'll hire me full time.

Interview Questions

• After speaking about photography and how they need someone who can process photographs, then she asks what my experience specific to Graphic Design is, minutes after saying the job was mostly photography she turned it and said they needed a graphic designer more than a photographer or photography editor.   Answer Question

Office Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mona, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Young Living Essential Oils (Mona, UT) in April 2015.

Interview

The worst interview I have ever had. We sat there in awkward silence for 3 minutes, then the only question he asked was if I knew how to do pivots? He never looked at my resume or asked me any of the normal interview questions

Packaging Interview

Anonymous Employee in Provo, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Young Living Essential Oils (Provo, UT) in October 2016.

Interview

I Went to a temp agency called LG Staffing. They had me apply online then did a short easy question interview. They got me the job at Young Living. I Worked through them until january, then got hired on through Young Living with a pay raise.

Interview Questions

• If I'm comfortable working on my feet all day   1 Answer