Your Health Magazine Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.2

Interviews for Top Jobs at Your Health Magazine

Market Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vienna, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Your Health Magazine (Vienna, VA) in October 2010.

Interview

responded to an ad for market research analyst. The job turned out to be really about sugging (selling under the guise of research) as I was asked only about my experience and comfort with sales.

Graphic Design Interview

Interview

Interviewed with Scott (the owner/CEO of the company). He was very condescending and rude. He contradicted everything that he said. Whenever I echoed something that he just said, he would say, "No, that's not what I said" or "That's not our goal". He said that experience doesn't matter for the position. I wondered what he meant.

This job is basically marketing for doctors to sell their services. It has nothing to do to help people. It was an hour long talk session where Scott just wanted to hear himself talk. He also gave the "limb fish" hand shake and his hands were clammy. UGH.

Interview Questions

Your Health Magazine Response

Apr 11, 2016 – Editor-In-Chief

This person just didn't do well in the interview and is unhappy because she didn't get offered the job. This candidate didn't have the needed experience and didn't comprehend the mission of the... More

Graphic Design Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Your Health Magazine (Fairfax, VA) in August 2015.

Interview

This interview happened years and years ago, but thanks to Glassdoor I was relieved to see I wasn't the only one who found Scott to be an utter disgrace of a human being. He comes off friendly and chatty at first.. and then he shows his true colors. He's insulting, condescending, and abusive. I'm actually very thankful the interview turned south that quickly because as a result of that, I saved myself a horrible experience and I found a real job within a few weeks after that with a legitimate advertising agency. Oh, and there was some girl in there during the interview.. I remember her looking very uncomfortable with the entire conversation going on. He turned from Mr. Nice Guy to Captain DBag and I just took his papers he had in front of me and just threw them in his direction and left. I really don't know how this guy isn't in Jail on harassment charges of some kind.

Interview Questions

• Doesn't matter, something about his Mission statement which reads more like it was written by a 90 year old dementia patient after they swallowed an entire bottle of Tylenol PM.   Answer Question

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Annandale, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Your Health Magazine (Annandale, VA) in December 2017.

Interview

I had an original interview which was basic and easy. Then I had a follow up interview with the HR associate and the CEO which was also basic and easy.

Interview Questions

• Are you a team player? Are you looking to advance in the company?   1 Answer

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bowie, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Your Health Magazine (Bowie, MD) in November 2013.

Interview

Brutal experience. Interviewer (owner of the magazine) was condescending, offensive and derogatory. Felt like I was arguing with him the entire time. Would never want to work with a person like this....amazing he can retain employees at all.

Interview Questions

I could see clashing with this person constantly and quitting after a few weeks. The work itself seemed boring and monotonous...very little creativity involved. I realized how important first impressions are in the whole process. It works both ways.

Your Health Magazine Response

Dec 4, 2017 – Editor-In-Chief

There was no offer. Candidate was argumentative and disrespectful.