ZOLL Medical Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at ZOLL Medical

2.8

Contract Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chelmsford, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at ZOLL Medical (Chelmsford, MA).

Interview

Painstakingly long 2 phone screens with hr, next phone with manager finally on site interview which included meeting with direct supervisor her manager a coworker then hr againn .

Interview Questions

• Have you used this software before   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiations went fairly well the dog not budge on their offers

Software Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chelmsford, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ZOLL Medical (Chelmsford, MA) in November 2017.

Interview

Met with the HR rep and then moved on to six different people who went over Zoll's philosophy and products, and then asked you basic questions about your previous experience. I had prepared ahead of time and didn't get any curveball questions. It was one of the easier interviews I had. Unfortunately, I think they and I both knew that I was not an ideal candidate for the position due to lacking more exposure to software. Overall, I enjoyed the company culture. The only thing that I could say was a negative experience was them not letting me know if I got the job or not even to this day.

Interview Questions

3. Create your profile to get personalized information

Software Engineer Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chelmsford, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ZOLL Medical (Chelmsford, MA).

Interview

I applied through college/university and went in for a one hour on-site interview. The questions I get asked was general interview and behavioral questions. There were some questions to test my programming knowledge.

Strategic Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at ZOLL Medical in June 2017.

Interview

Phone Interview with two senior executives. It was your standard interview trying to match skills to job description and to make sure the candidate has the right skills and character traits to fit into the culture and meet the expectations.

SSR - Support Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ZOLL Medical (Pittsburgh, PA) in August 2012.

Interview

Referred by employee, immediately met with Regional Manager and other territory managers. Very laid back manager who was with the company for only a short time and was unable to answer all my questions about the role. Met with sales reps, who answered those questions for me. Final interview was with the Area Director, focused on my contacts in the industry.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There were no negotiations.

Collections Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ZOLL Medical (Pittsburgh, PA) in September 2014.

Interview

Organized, friendly and informative. All interviewees were pleasant and prompt. Whenever I applied for a promotion, that took several months with many upper management which was time consuming but I did get the promotion.

Web Content Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chelmsford, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at ZOLL Medical (Chelmsford, MA) in January 2014.

Interview

First, the good: everyone that I came into contact with was extremely friendly. It seems that the people who work here are actually happy to do so. The building seemed OK and modern enough, although much of the space seemed to be taken up by the manufacturing facilities and as a result, it felt more blue collar with lots of uniformed workers milling about and areas devoted to machinery.

Now for the bad. I applied to this job when it was first posted after seeing it listed on Monster.com. It was nearly two months later when HR contacted me to indicate their interest in me, which tells me that the hiring manager(s) were not very serious about filling this position. I also asked them during the interview when they hoped to have the right candidate start in this role and the date they stated (after some hesitation) was again, nearly two months into the future. Not a reassuring thing to hear, especially if you’re unemployed, as I was during the time of the interview.

The questions were pretty standard—no real curveballs—but I felt that the hiring manager was very inexperienced as an interviewer. She kept making jokes and quips, even as responses to some of the questions I asked her. Instead of focusing on my most recent experience, she got fixated on the gap between the year I graduated from college and the first job I had listed. I purposely had left off my first job after college because it was 20 years ago and consisted of answering a customer service 1-800 line that wasn’t relevant to the position I was interviewing for or any of my most recent experience. She actually said to me, “I just want to make sure you weren’t in jail during this time.” She was joking but to be honest, I found it insulting and rude. I present myself professionally in interviews. I’ve been working since I was the legal age to do so in Massachusetts at the time (age 15 1/2 and worked in a hotel during my college years to pay for my tuition, giving up my weekends, summer vacations and Christmas breaks to work as many hours as possible. Not to mention if you’re really wondering about any criminal background that may exist on a candidate, have your human resources department run a background check.

But the real kicker was the fidgety behavior and appearance of the hiring manager’s manager. Let's just say she didn't dress like a professional and her wardrobe gave the impression she isn't making much of a salary. Throughout the interview, she kept playing with her hair—running her fingers through it, pulling it back in a pseudo-ponytail, and letting it fall. Rinse and repeat. It was distracting to say the least, and sent the message that she really didn’t care about my time or the interview. Very unprofessional and disrespectful. Job seekers see so many articles that tell them how to dress and behave during an interview, but I’d love to see someone address the way an interviewer should behave and present themselves.

To top it off I had to take a silly grammar and writing test (and one of the questions on the test actually contained a mistake!) C’mon…I’ve had articles purchased and published and have been writing for years…all of this is on my online portfolio including screenshots of my copywriting work and marketing materials I have written. This was another waste of time and a sign that they didn’t do any research into my background as my portfolio URL is clearly stated at the top of my resume. In the end, I was there for three and a half hours—a large chunk of my day gone.

It’s important to note that I am sure my particular experience is not indicative of all departments in this company; however, I had the misfortune of getting stuck with two incompetent people who didn’t know how to interview and frankly, I couldn’t see myself working with either of them.

About a month later, HR contacted me to let me know they went with another candidate. I wouldn't have accepted the job anyway had it been offered to me.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about the use of commas in a sentence? (Yes, I really was asked this. Irrelevant.)   2 Answers

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ZOLL Medical (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

I applied online, had a phone screening a month later, and then was called in for an interview. I met with 6 different people and the interview lasted for 5 hours.

I was heavily scrutinized over minor gaps in my resume. They called called the next day, grilled me some more over it, and wanted obscure references other than the ones I had already prepared. If minor employment gaps are an impassable obstacle just politely end the interview. No need to reinforce what I know I've already been judged on and make me jump through more hoops.

Radio silence. I followed up a week later with a phone call. No answer. 3 days later I got an automated email rejection. I'm sorry but if you spend 7+ hours putting me through the ringer the very least you could do is call me and say you've gone with another candidate.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pitts, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at ZOLL Medical (Pitts, PA) in March 2016.

Interview

Panel Interview lasted approx. 3 hours. 2 people at a time for approx 30 to 45 minutes each. Interview was very communicative and I did not feel like I was being barraged with questions.

Intake Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at ZOLL Medical (Pittsburgh, PA) in August 2013.

Interview

Interview process is a two part process. If you don't receive the second part interview, you will not be hired. The hiring supervisors are generally the people who interview and candidates are selected from the pool and assigned to teams

Interview Questions

• To describe my most successful and failed projects at my previous place of employment.   Answer Question