Zales Jewelers Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Zales Jewelers Interview Questions

Updated Jan 30, 2017

2.3

Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Zales Jewelers.

Interview

There were three interviews, one in person and two over the phone. The questions from all three interviews were similar. I was asked what I would do differently than my boss, the previous manager. My numbers as a jewelry consultant were reviewed and I was asked how I intended to develop team members to be successful in the key metrics.

Jewelry Consultant - P/T Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Asheville, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zales Jewelers (Asheville, NC) in November 2016.

Interview

I was referred from the manager of one store (where I interviewed and decided not to take the job) to another store. I phone interviewed with this store's manager and she told me of the P/T positions open (with the good possibility of F/T to open up very soon). She asked what I wanted to be paid per hour considering commission. I told her what the previous manager had said ($12/hr). She then had the district manager phone interview me. No mention of the wage or commission. I went in and had a face interview - where she told me P/T only gets $9.50/hr (and of course no benefits and bad hours over Christmas). I replied about the $12 and she said that manager is no longer part of Zales and this is the company-wide policy with P/Ters. I still had to come back the next day. At that point, I said no one had explained the commission. After all this, because I asked, she said P/T get no commission and no hope to become F/T with benefits and that pay level until after the holidays. I turned it down because I can't afford that but also, why work with someone who isn't upfront. I read on Glassdoor that many things have changed since the take over in 2013 - and it seems this is all part of Sinclaire's bad business. Today I also found out that THIS store's manager is on a leave of absence. Two manager's lost in the same town in one week. Something's up - and not just in Asheville, NC. I feel jirked around and they were just hiring grunts.

Interview Questions

• She was a bad interviewer. She said "tell me about yourself". Then she latched on one thing I said I like, and she asked how that pertained to Zales sales. Other than that, it was when can you start and those details.   1 Answer

Please read above - flip/flopping among interviewers, deception, and I didn't like this regional person.

Jewlery Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Zales Jewelers in October 2016.

Interview

I was called by the store manager to meet for an interview. She sat with me and went over my resume. Following some small questions, she asked me to give an example of a time I had to deal with a difficult customer/person and what my actions were to resolve the situation. She then asked about my expectations for the job. Following that I had a phone interview with the district manager and was offered the job all within the same day.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time you dealt with a difficult customer/person and how you resolved the situation.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Zales Jewelers (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

I applied online, took the skills test and was called for an interview. The interview w/Sales Mgr. was extremely uncomfortable. Typical interview, I was asked behavioral type questions, etc. After we finished that part of interview, the mgr. then told me how things are run, what is expected, etc in a drill sergeant way like they really want you to know who the BOSS is... but I rated this a bad experience is because the mgr. was very unprofessional & phony. The mgr. was smirking when I answered the questions and wasn't dressed professionally. In summary, I didn't get the position but I found a job with another jewelry company that is more professional, the managers don't talk down to the employees and treats everyone with different culture/background in a respectful manner.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle a difficult customer?,
      How do you handle when your boss tells you to do something but you personally disagree with it?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Zales Jewelers (Springfield, IL) in August 2016.

Interview

Sent my resume through Indeed and got an email back a day or two later from the store manager asking to fill out the online questionnaire and application. Did this over the weekend and got a call back on Monday to schedule an interview for Wednesday. Went in and had a nice conversation with the manager, but it's been about two weeks and they haven't contacted me so I'm assuming I did not make it to the second round.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about an experience you've had with an unsatisfied customer.   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Zales Jewelers (Atlanta, GA) in August 2016.

Interview

I interviewed with the District Manager for a hour. Asked a lot of different questions from previous jobs to what I would do in this or that situation. She was very thorough and professional.

Interview Questions

• Asked a lot of different questions from previous jobs to what I would do in this or that situation.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Evansville, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Zales Jewelers (Evansville, IN) in August 2016.

Interview

Before you can even interview, you must fill out a personality test and that decides if they interview you or not. If you pass the test, you interview with your manager, another store manager, and the district manager. They will ask you to go over your resume as if they never actually read it (I don't think they did).

Interview Questions

• The questions are simple and easy to understand what information they are trying to get from you.   Answer Question

Jewelry Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Zales Jewelers in March 2016.

Interview

There is a set of 3 interviews. First is one with the store at which you are applying to see if you are good for the team, then a phone interview with some more difficult questions, then a third call with maybe more questions and then they might offer you the position.

Interview Questions

• Explain how you would handle a situation where you didn't agree with the company's values and regulations. What would you do?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Providence, RI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Zales Jewelers (Providence, RI) in March 2016.

Interview

Quick interview, was asked the same general questions. Why do you want to be a jeweler consultant, what is your favorite aspect of jewelry, how so you handle terrible costumes etc

Interview Questions

• What do you like about jewelery   1 Answer

Application

The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Zales Jewelers in November 2015.

Interview

Applied to a sister store, manger at zales called and asked me to apply to her store so we could set up an interview. I applied immediately, the next morning the manager called and we scheduled an interview for the following day.

I wore a nice professional suit, we sat on a bench in the mall and talked. It was a very short, casual interview. The manager and I just chatted mostly. There were the usual questions, tell me about yourself, your experience, why jewelry, have you ever dealt with this type of situation and give an example, a few role playing questions about how I would help customers and try to sell product.

I felt that the interview went well when I left. The manager told me that she had to pass all the applicants by another manager and I would have a second phone interview with that second manager. A few hours later I received a call to schedule the phone interview for the following day.

The phone interview was very quick and easy. Again, we just chatted a little. A few brief questions, but I got the feeling that she was more interested in sussing out my personality and goals.

First thing the next morning I received a call from the store manager offering me the job.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to sell jewelry?   1 Answer
    • Give an example of a time you dealt with a difficult situation or customer and how you handled it without having to involve management   Answer Question