Zeitgold Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Zeitgold

2.9

Data Operations Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Berlin (Germany)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zeitgold (Berlin (Germany)) in February 2020.

Interview

First of all, I sent my resume via Heyjobs. Secondly, I received an e-mail response from one of the recruiters to arrange a telephone interview. Thirdly, we arranged a personal interview after the telephone interview. Lastly, after the personal interview, I received a job offer!

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zeitgold.

Interview

These were the steps in the process:

1) Phone screening with HR

2) Take-home assessment that takes a few hours, but is fun and reflective of the type of work you’ll do here + the types of challenges the company faces

3) On-site technical interview. As other interview reviews mention, the focus of the technical interview is problem solving and learning how you think, not on language-specific knowledge or anything tricky like “JavaScript trivia”

4) On-site culture fit interview with HR and then an interview with the CTO. These are pretty standard and you are provided a lot of time to ask questions and learn more about the company as well

I really enjoyed the entire process. It has several steps, but it’s organized and thorough and gives you and the company several opportunities to get to know one another and assess whether there’s a good fit. It’s a positive experience and you can tell that the company spends a lot of time and resources assessing candidates and building a great team.

Interview Questions

• We spoke a lot about the technical task and there were questions about how I could build upon my solution. There aren't necessarily right or wrong answers, and as mentioned before, it's entirely about seeing how you think and approach problem solving.   Answer Question

Finance Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zeitgold.

Interview

The whole process was really positive. It started off with a phone interview with the recruiter, followed up with a phone interview with the Head of Finance, then in-house interview with the recruiter and Head of Finance (finished in time for Friday beers), and then a final interview with one of the co-founders. Each interview was different but there was strong emphasis on getting to know you and vice-versa. Response after each round was quick and all three interviewers were there at the end of the process to give me feedback, which I really liked.

Interview Questions

• Interview questions varied from each round but it was clear they were more interested in your thought process around each answer and getting to know you rather than looking for right/wrong answers.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Zeitgold in May 2019.

Interview

Tried to get in touch through LI, but applied online. After around 2 weeks, they got in touch with me. Process had multiple rounds - intro talk with HR, a bit technical chat with a team lead, submitting solution for a code challenge, a culture fit call with HR, a high level call with CTO and in depth technical interview with another team leader.

Pretty quick, flexible and responsive to setup the call for each round during the process (based on my push).

Interview Questions

• Questions about architecture and possible solutions for some technical use cases   Answer Question
    • Do a code review for a provided code.   Answer Question

Digitalization Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Berlin (Germany)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Zeitgold (Berlin (Germany)) in March 2019.

Interview

A friend of mine works for Zeitgold and she is totally happy to work there. One day she called me and said that the company is hiring, so I decided to send in my CV and see where it takes me.

A very nice HR-specialist of Zeitgold contacted me shortly afterwards and suggested having a talk on the phone next few days to get to know me better. The nice thing about it was that I could go online and choose the comfortable time of the phone call, thus booking this first phone appointment.

After the phone interview I was invited to the next interview, which consisted of two parts. First part was a skill test which I was supposed to do within 90 minutes. After the test I had a talk with one of my potetnital co-workers. The talk was very easy and we mostly spoke about skills and habits.

Soon after I was invited to the final interview, where I had a chance to talk to a head of one of the depatments of Zeitgold. Again, the talk was very comfortable and interesting. We discussed the ways I orgnize my work progress and other precessual details.

All in all, the process of interviews was very comfortable and positive.

Interview Questions

• What do you do in order to keep concentration when you already feel tired and distracted?   Answer Question

Software Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Berlin (Germany)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Zeitgold (Berlin (Germany)) in January 2019.

Interview

Process included the following -
    i. ~30 minute call with HR, in which you are presented with the company and talk about your experience and what kind of a position you're looking for.
    ii. ~2 hours of 1on1 technical interview. Focus is mostly on problem solving and trying to see how the candidate thinks, rather than nitty-gritty language specific questions.
    iii. 1 hour meeting with the recruiting team lead.
    iiii. 1 hour meeting with the company CTO/founder .

Both the meeting with the recruiting team lead and the CTO weren't "technical" strictly speaking, but past professional experience and challenges met were discussed.

Over all pretty efficient and everyone were extremely friendly through the whole process.

Interview Questions

• Some domain-themed questions about designing a data ingestion pipeline.   1 Answer

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Berlin (Germany)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Zeitgold (Berlin (Germany)) in September 2018.

Interview

The interview process was probably the best I've experienced - very professional and thorough, though it is long.

It started with 2 phone interviews (HR + VP Product), then 2 in-person interviews (CEO + VP Product), then 3 more interviews with other people on the team and a final one with HR. All were about an hour each.

Interview Questions

• All interviews included some standard questions about past roles/experiences, what I'm looking for, etc. There was a white-boarding product interview as well as a more high-level product interview. Several of the interviews involved questions about how I would solve a current problem they're solving.   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Berlin (Germany)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Zeitgold (Berlin (Germany)) in September 2018.

Interview

The process consisted of multiple face to face rounds, in person case study, remote calls and a people and culture fit round.
    All of the interviewers were very empathetic and genuinely wanted to understand my perspective and approach to solving problems. The focus was on applying previous experience to the current problems that they were solving. I would recommend going through their website and familiarizing yourself with the process and the work that they currently do.
    A very positive and encouraging experience.

Interview Questions

• Identify gaps in the customer journey and come up with ways to fix it.   1 Answer

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Zeitgold in May 2018.

Interview

A few days after submitting my CV I had a phone call scheduled. This was mainly to get to know each other, i.e. I was introduced to the company, the specific role and talked about my CV.

I was invited to work on a case study two days later that had to be completed in 3 hours. Around 3 days later I received a positive feedback call and had a subsequent talk with the chief of my future department. The very last step entailed another call with the founder.

Summing up: The application procedure included three phone calls (each taking about 30 mins) and one case study.

Interview Questions

• Questions were mainly focussed on cultural fit, e.g. "How would you describe your ideal colleagues", "How would you react when receiving negative feedback", but also role specific, e.g. "What do you think your role will be like", "What do you think will be the biggest challenge", etc.
      Generally, no technical questions were asked and the process was rather a smooth conversation. The atmosphere of the interviews was very relaxed and positive.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zeitgold.

Interview

Der Assessmentprozess dauerte bei mir 3 Wochen und ist in 3 Stufen gegliedert.

Stufe 1: Bereits zwei Tage nach dem Abschicken meiner Bewerbungsunterlagen kam die Einladung zum ersten Gespräch mit HR (People & Culture). Nach einer sehr transparenten Beschreibung des Arbeitsumfelds wurden Fragen zum CV und persönlicher Vorstellung zum Job gestellt. Danach gab es einen sehr jobbezogenen Test, mit welchem das kundenorientierte Ausdrucksvermögen auf Deutsch und Englisch getestet wird. Fragen von der Art "Wieviele Tennisbälle passen in einen A380?" kamen nicht dran.

Stufe 2: Nach dem erfolgreichen Bestehen des Tests wurde direkt ein weiterer Gesprächstermin per Videocall für die nächste Runde in der darauffolgenden Woche ausgemacht. Neben "cultural fit" wurde auch ein klein wenig die spontane Problemlösungsfähigkeit getestet. Darauf vorbereiten kann man sich nicht wirklich, aber mit gesundem Menschenverstand und einer strukturierten Herangehensweise lassen sich die Minicases auch gut lösen.

Stufe 3: Nach positivem Feedback beiderseits wurde ich in der nächsten Woche zum Endrundengespräch nach Berlin eingeladen, bei dem ich die Abteilungsleiter (Interviewer aus Stufe 2) und meine direkten Kollegen kennengelernt habe und nochmal vom Abteilungschef sowie einem der Gründer des Unternehmens interviewt wurde. Die finale Entscheidung und ein Gesamtfeedback kamen wenige Tage später und der Vertrag wurde direkt nach der Zusage meinerseits losgeschickt.

Interview Questions

• - Hast du schon einmal richtig guten Kundenservice erlebt und wie sah dieser aus?
      - Was bedeutet für dich "Exzellenz"?   Answer Question