Zeno Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Zeno Group Interview Questions

Updated Apr 11, 2017

2.8

Inter Interview

Interview

First a phone interview with the HR, then there was an in-office interview with the team. It was about a week in between. HR and the team were very nice.

Global Strategy Analytics Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Zeno Group (Washington, DC) in November 2016.

Interview

It was very detail oriented, somewhat casual yet involved the entire team. I was asked about past experience that might help the organization with their current and future projects. I was also asked about my proficiency with the necessary software that maybe used for their work.

Interview Questions

• Past experience for the position I applied for.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Zeno Group.

Interview

Two round of phone interviews. I spoke with members of several teams who wanted to know about my experience and creativity- many questions were thinking on the spot and related to how I would approach a project. It seemed very casual. There was a lot of time in between applying, first interview, and second interview which was stressful.

Interview Questions

• What is a brand you want to work on, and what would you do for that brand if you did work on it?   Answer Question

Consumer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Zeno Group (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview process was fairly normal. Began with a phone interview and was followed up with an in person interview shortly afterward. The problem came after the interview process. When I would follow up with them I received no respone even though I was supposed to be sent a writing test. Other than that the interview was verh positive and the people I met with were very nice and took the time to listen to my answers.

Interview Questions

• How did you become interested in consumer public relations?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Zeno Group (Chicago, IL).

Interview

The interview process for me was not entirely horrible. I was prepared though. First, I had a phone interview, then an in-person interview with the team I would be working with. Honestly, I felt that the Account Executives were not very knowledgeable. For instance, they asked me how I had heard about them. I explained that I heard about them through an agency visit through PRSSA as well as a simple Google search, which I found they were hiring. They did not understand the second part or how I found out about about the job online. Long story short, they just simply did not understand anything digital. It was a bit insulting considering their position. I was told that I would hear back no later than the end of the week. I did not hear back for 3 weeks, which I was not given an offer. In the end, I ended up accepting an offer somewhere else for a full time job. Everything worked out and I was glad that I did not work with them.

Interview Questions

• What are you strengths? What are your weaknesses? How did you learn about us?   Answer Question

Account Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Zeno Group (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

There were a lot of interviews actually, but it was because i was coming from a niche agency into a more broad agency in terms of client mix. We covered the office dynamics, responsibilities of the role and future in Zeno. I met with almost everyone in the office, as well as numerous phone interviews because cultural fit is such a big priority at Zeno. We work closely as a team and need to be sure everyone can play in the same sandbox.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable in front of C-Levels in pitches?   1 Answer

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Zeno Group (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

I had a phone screening with the HR manager, based in Chicago. After that, I was scheduled for an interview in the NY office. I was interview first by 2 VPs and then again by 3 Senior Account Executives. They asked normal questions for any PR job interview.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Zeno Group in April 2016.

Interview

The first call on the interview was standard, spoke with HR and all went well. Next though they emailed me out of the blue and said I had 24 hours from when I received the e-mail to complete a writing assignment they had attached. I understand the fast paced PR world and that is what they were testing, but they didn't ask if it was a good time for me and since I am not employed by them. It is unfair to expect me to drop everything else to get it done, it was an internship. Yet still I did it, and moved on to skype interviews. In my skype interview, the man interviewing me was extremely rude and condescending. He told me directly I wouldn't have as much responsibility as my last internship gave me, and told me "no one is getting jobs after graduation anymore so you should just be happy to get an internship". I felt degraded and uncomfortable. He continued to go on about how Zeno Group is a better company and in a different league then anything I have ever done, and overall I just was so off put. I am hard working and tough and not one to complain but the overall unprofessionalism was so blatant. Not to mention he barely asked me any questions, and really just spoke about himself.

Interview Questions

Zeno Group Response

Jun 6, 2016 – HR Manager

Thank you for taking the time to leave some feedback on your interview. We place a high value on our interns because we consider them to be the future of our firm. The assessment and selection ... More

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Zeno Group (Redwood City, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

I found the internship listing on the PRSSA newsletter and applied to the internship manager via email by sending her my resume. From there, she conducted a quick phone interview, then arranged an in-person interview in the Redwood Shores office. The first two people that interviewed me asked about me in general: experience, likes, dislikes, goals, etc. The second two people that interviewed me asked more specific questions about my capabilities and skills. The second round was a little tougher, but I liked each interviewer and knew that it wouldn't be easy to get the job. Nevertheless, I soon got a call from HR in Chicago and was offered the position. It was wonderful that they were willing to work with my school schedule to start me part-time right away until I could switch to full-time in the summer.

Interview Questions

• What type of tools do you use to manage your time and a heavy workload?   1 Answer

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Zeno Group in March 2016.

Interview

Got contacted through the HR recruiter in Chicago. Emailed for best time for phone interview and then an in person with the team. Had two sets of interviews with 2 account executives and then another 2. They seemed friendly and into my experience. I didn't hear anything back for 2 weeks. Emailed the recruiter 2 times and got nothing back. Desperate, I called the office and said they'd call me back. Few hours later, got can email saying I didn't get the position.