Zilliant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Zilliant Interview Questions

Updated Mar 2, 2017

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Zilliant in February 2017.

Interview

At the start of the interview, they began asking questions about the resume that has been submitted. Those questions were very personalized and were based on the resume submitted. Not very many but just getting a feel for the interviewer. Then they have a technical question. The technical question was a database question with several parts: writing a schema, then questions about the schema that you write.

Interview Questions

• Design a database schema: There are salesmen and products. The salesmen should be associated with the products they sell. They provide a data sample to insert into the schema. For example:

Salesmen:

Applesauce, 1, 10$
      Death Star, 2, 4000000$
      iPhone, 3, 600$
      TV, 4, 300$   Answer Question
    • Using the schema created above, write a query to return a salesman and the total amount of products they have sold.   Answer Question
    • Using the schema created above, write a query to return the single largest product for a salesman.   Answer Question

Software Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Zilliant in February 2017.

Interview

Screen share and phone call. Interview started with questions about resume, then moved to three technical questions. Interview lasted about an hour including my questions to the interviewers. Not too stressful.

Interview Questions

• Create a DB schema from sample data
      Use SQL to determine a result
      Use Java to call SQL code to determine a result   Answer Question

Pricing Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Zilliant (Dallas, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

I was referred by an ex-employee in Zilliant. I talked with the ex-employee online for a while about my background and then sent him my resume. He told me that it is a good company for a fresh phd student. The recruiter at Zilliant contacted me very soon and started with the phone interview.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Zilliant.

Interview

Relatively standard for software engineering position. I was contacted by a staffing agency for the role. First round was a phone interview determining culture fit and seeing how much I have researched about the company. The second round was a technical phone interview.

The company has been around for a long time and it has a good reputation in town.

Engagement Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Zilliant.

Interview

Hiring process is who you know. Good to have connections in the organization and experience in technology is important.

Business Analytics Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Zilliant (Austin, TX) in May 2013.

Interview

Was contacted by one of the recruiting heads. The process was very slow. Called me for an office visit where I talked to 5-6 people which included 4 managers and 1 pricing scientist. The interviews were all resume based and they are mostly looking for your interest. The people are really friendly and nothing intimidating even if you know you are gonna talk to 6 people.

Good people and good company!

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Zilliant (Austin, TX) in June 2010.

Interview

initial phone interview and then a half day consisting of multiple interviews. Questions were pretty basic and expected. Spent about half the time educating me on the company on the role I was interviewing for and also what my goals were. The interviewers ranged in level and role. They also took me to lunch after so I could get a feel for a couple other employees at the same level i was interviewing for.

Interview Questions

• Asked some questions on most challenging career roles and how I managed through them. Also asked why I wanted the position and why now?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiated base salary - i made a counter to original offer and they met me half way.

Accountmanager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amsterdam (Netherlands)

(Translated from English)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Zilliant (Amsterdam (Netherlands)) in September 2014.

Interview

Ik ervoer het wervingsproces als zeer traag, lang en aan het einde namen ze helemaal niemand aan!

In eerste instantie klonk het allemaal erg mooi met veel verantwoordelijkheden, mogelijkheden en alles leek ok,

Helaas is het eind zoals bij de meeste bedrijven die mensen aannemen of mensen aan lijken te nemen.

Te veel bedrijven verspillen de zeer kostbare tijd van senior sales professionals.

Stop die onzin en start een wervingsproces pas als je mensen gaat aannemen!