Zingerman's Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Zingerman's

2.5

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Interview

Zingermans uses a revolving interview approach, where all applicants for the jobs rotate between interviewers, like a speed dating concept. It was enjoyable and interesting and let me know who else was applying for the job. At the end, I was actually glad for the person who got the job and could see why he was a good fit.

Assembler Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Zingerman's (Ann Arbor, MI) in November 2016.

Interview

Just some basic computer skills/picking drills. I have to write more but it is just so damn easy. Just go there and do what they ask you to do. Unless you royally screw up, you're in. They need people for the XMAS season.

Interview Questions

3. Create your profile to get personalized information

Event Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Zingerman's (Ann Arbor, MI) in February 2015.

Interview

Phone interview first followed by an in person interview. The in person interview would have included some of the team I would've been working with which I would've found very helpful. However, I did not make it past the phone interview stage. I felt like the interviewer was asking me very basic questions that didn't really allow me to explain my reasoning for wanting to take a step back in my career.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want this position?   1 Answer

Event Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dexter, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zingerman's (Dexter, MI) in January 2016.

Interview

Two on one interview face to face that felt really at home with sincere, comfortable, and compelling questions. Interviewed on a beautiful farm in a gorgeous farmhouse, treated like family as soon as I stepped in

Interview Questions

• What kind of experience do you have with setting up for weddings?   1 Answer

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Zingerman's (Ann Arbor, MI) in January 2012.

Interview

long and tedious - met a lot of team members and management. I knew up front what would be expected - actually met other candidates which was a little awkward

Retail Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Zingerman's (Ann Arbor, MI) in October 2014.

Interview

Phone interview and in-person interview. A manager and I met in the Next Door and chatted for about an hour. There was a plate of delicious food where I got to sample a number of products sold at the Deli. It was a bit tricky managing eating and answering questions but all they are looking for is if you enjoy trying new things.

Catering Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Zingerman's (Ann Arbor, MI) in April 2013.

Interview

Very relaxed but professional.Held in the company coffee shop while we had coffee. Was told about the company history then asked the usual questions about my previous experience. I was hired the next day.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?How did you hear about us? What experience do you have?Can you work with a team?Can you come in for training?   1 Answer

Catering Waitress Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Zingerman's (Ann Arbor, MI) in April 2011.

Interview

Everything was very smooth, I felt very comfortable with the interviewer and felt like the questions were relevant and clearly related to the company. There was never any awkward pauses or off the wall questions. I knew that the interviewer enjoyed and loved working for the company and cared about it.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you went above and beyond for a customer.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was a trial shift so I could see if I liked working for the company and so I could see what I would be doing. Everyone has the same base pay as a waitress so there was no negotiation.

Service Star Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zingerman's (Ann Arbor, MI) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied online, and did a typing test. After passing the typing test, I met with an employee for a one on one interview. After passing the Interview, I sat with an employee and listened in on a call. I was then asked if I was interested in the position then was hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• What is one of your favorite foods (doesn't have to be a Zingerman's product)?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you were given feedback. How did you respond?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you had to give someone else feedback. How did you handle it?   Answer Question

ZingNet Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zingerman's (Ann Arbor, MI).

Interview

The job I applied for was an office job. There was a phone screening, phone interview, then a rotating group interview. The last one was odd because the other candidates for the same opening were also there.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of how you went the extra mile for a customer?   1 Answer