Zions Bank Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Zions Bank Interview Questions

Updated Jul 24, 2017

2.7

Bank Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Zions Bank.

Interview

I applied to 3 different locations and had an interview at 2, both interviews were very different. The first interview I had was definitely an average professional interview. I thought it went well. My second interview I drove to meet the branch manger and when I got there he just asked me get to know you questions and only asked maybe 2 questions that really pertained to the job, the rest was just casual conversation about my life, the job, the company and even a little about his life and job history. I really thought I got the job on both accounts just because the interviews went really well, I felt confident in my answers and got along very well his both interviewees. On both accounts I was told I would receive a call within the next few days wether or not I got the job just to tell me whether or not I got it, 3 weeks later and I still haven't even gotten an email telling me no.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you made a mistake in the work place that you had to own up to. What did you do to fix it?   Answer Question
    • Sometimes we have secret shopper like customers that come through and we are judged unknowingly, what are some of the things you think the customer would write about and rate us on?   Answer Question

Department Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Zions Bank (Salt Lake City, UT).

Interview

The interview was less than an hour. I interviewed with a Senior Vice President. I was asked the traditional interview questions (why do you want to work here, what are your career goals, etc.) then specific questions about my knowledge on bank regulations.

Teller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zions Bank (Salt Lake City, UT) in January 2017.

Interview

Two separate experiences:

First interview was conducted by three individuals who I would later find were the manager, assistant manager, and one of the higher up employees in the department. The interview was simple and straightforward, most of the questions revolved around customer service and working with others. Questions didn't seem to be prepared in advance but the interview felt like a more casual setting than others I'd been in.

Interview Questions

• Do you consider yourself a team player?   1 Answer
    • Tell us about a time when you displayed exceptional customer service.   1 Answer

Database Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Valley City, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Zions Bank (West Valley City, UT) in December 2016.

Interview

A Recruiter contacted me regarding the job, applied soon enough then got job interview after couple days. Interview took 45 minutes. Difficulty was average...Heard back in 5 days. Didn't get an offer

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Zions Bank (Salt Lake City, UT) in November 2016.

Interview

Interview was split into two sessions. The second session was decent. The interviewers were friendly and asked relevant questions for the most part. No issues there. But the first session was weird. The people interviewing me acted like I was putting them out majorly. It was like Bad Cop, Mute Cop.

I showed up for the interview and neither of the interviewers had arrived yet. After calling their desks to see what was going on (no answer) one of them finally wandered out and found me. He and I went into a conference room and he proceeded to play Bad Cop with me. He attacked my research and declared it "irrelevant." He seemed very set on finding statistical methods that were better than what I was working on. Meanwhile the Mute Cop shows up. And he proceeds to observe more from the Bad Cop. It made me wonder why I would even want to work for these people. I think Mr. Mute said about 10 words the entire interview, and eight of them were to introduce himself.

All in all, their job sounded incredibly boring anyway, so.....not sure I would have chosen them even if the interview had been pleasant.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Zions Bank in October 2016.

Interview

I applied through online. The process took 2+ months. Very standard interview. Interviewed by phone with Human Resources Recruiter. Overall, the process was very easy. Be prepared by doing your research and understanding the position.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ogden, UT

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Zions Bank (Ogden, UT) in September 2016.

Interview

Applies while I was still an employee. Interviewed by the manager, sales manager, and region president. Very hostile interview. Region president Cory Gardiner tried to intimidate me and downplay my current achievements.

Interview Questions

• You're ranked here (pointing to chart) Why would we hire you?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Zions Bank.

Interview

Interviewed by phone with Human Resources Recruiter and then had in-person interview with a panel of individuals - Region President, Region Sales Manager, Retail Lending Manager and Operations Manager. The panel took approximately 1.5 hours to complete with each member of the panel asking questions that related to their area of expertise. The biggest focus that was discussed was on commercial lending and SBA lending.

Interview Questions

• Q: How will you develop local businesses and meet commercial lending goal?   Answer Question

Personal Banker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Logan, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Zions Bank (Logan, UT) in August 2016.

Interview

Pretty standard interview. Received a call the next day with the offer. You have to go through the drug test and background screening as well. It was a fairly smooth process.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Zions Bank (Salt Lake City, UT) in December 2015.

Interview

Applied online and contacted within 2 weeks. Had 2 interviews. The second interview was just a discussion about their benefits. After the second interview I was emailed that they would probably make me an offer in the next few days. I received an offer letter the following day. The recruiting is handled by corporate recruiters, the interviews are with the managers and the rest of the hiring process is handled by the same recruiter.

Interview Questions

• How long do you plan to stay?   1 Answer