ZipRealty Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 13, 2017

2.1

Java Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Emeryville, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at ZipRealty (Emeryville, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

After passing technical screen on phone, i was invited on site, team was very friendly, nice people, most of the things were related to resume discussion. i Had 4 interviews there, last interview was taken by two Asians which i believe have no manners to talk to someone, one interviewer looks like want to do fight with me, i was amazing that she have no idea how to iterate for loop. She was around 50 years and still on senior software engineer position( i think because of her negative attitude and less knowledge) Other then her everyone was so cool

Interview Questions

• given an array and a number, find pairs from array whose sum is equal to given number and then add the indexs of those numbers in array and return that array   Answer Question

Junior Java Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Emeryville, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at ZipRealty (Emeryville, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

Applied on their website and spoke with a recruiter. Set up a coding interview with one of the developers and I felt it went alright. Was told that they would get back to me within a few days. It's been over 2 weeks and I haven't heard anything, even after I asked them what the status of my application was.

Interview Questions

• How would you remove an element in a doubly linked list?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ZipRealty (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

1 hour Meeting where I was constantly lied to about the position, during the entire interview process, in an effort to get me to say yes to the position. You do not feel or believe you are being lied to until after you begin working at the Company.

Interview Questions

• Can you live with No Commissions coming in for at least 3 Months   1 Answer

Front End Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ZipRealty in March 2016.

Interview

I spoke with a recruiter and a team member in 2 separate interviews. Both were very receptive to my answers in the interview, so they sent me a layout test. It was a jpg mockup of a site and they asked to build out a similar web page using either Github, CodePen, Zip file, etc. They went another direction after the layout test.

Interview Questions

• The recruiter did ask for a salary range to close out the interview. The team member was really great and asked about who I look to in the Front End community aside from some standard JS questions   Answer Question

Front End Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Emeryville, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at ZipRealty (Emeryville, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

Process started with multiple phone screens, at the end of the technical phone interview was given a technical challenge involving reproducing a layout using HTML and CSS from a sample image.

After submitting this was asked to come for onsite panel of interviews. Onsite interviews were with a total of 10-12 people separated by individual sessions each with 2 people. The questions were generally repetitive across each of the sessions and in total the full length of the onsite interview at 3.5 hours could have been shaved down to 1 hour if the same questions were not asked over and over. They saved the real technical questions/whiteboarding for the last session and by that point I was a bit bleary-eyed.

At the end of the onsite interview I was told I would be contacted within 48 hours although they never contacted me since, most unprofessional in my opinion.

Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ZipRealty (San Francisco, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

Applied online. Went through several rounds over the phone and Skype. I flew into San Francisco for a final-round interview, and the morning of my interview they informed me they had hired someone else.

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ZipRealty (Portland, OR).

Interview

The interview process was courteous and professional. Yet because you're hired as an independent contractor, you're equally interviewing the brokerage as they are you.
    Interview was overall informative regarding the lead distribution and management system, but details regarding compensation were vague and should have been made more clear. It would have been more helpful to provide monetary figures relative to the average vs. top producers.

UI Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ZipRealty.

Interview

Contacted by a recruiter via email to set up a time to chat over the phone.
    Phone interview was relatively straight forward - started by describing the company structure in depth then asked questions about my past experience, skills, and compensation. It was more of a conversation than an interview. Said she'll forward my information to the head of recruiting and follow up with an email for an in-person interview.

Interview Questions

• It was a very average interview - no unexpected questions   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at ZipRealty.

Interview

The interview started with a phone conversation with the hiring manager. She was very candid and thorough. Then it was followed up by an in person meeting with more information about the story and history of the company.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a complex manager you worked with and how did you overcome that.   Answer Question

Real Estate Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ZipRealty.

Interview

interveiw was nice and relaxed no pressure to join the company, the company has a really good CRM system and thats what they sell to you, no fees just the commission spit that really kills everything else.

Interview Questions

• the commission splits are really high almost 70% to the company   Answer Question

commission splits