Zoës Kitchen Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 11, 2017

1.9

Shift Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Belle Meade, Davidson, TN

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Zoës Kitchen (Belle Meade, Davidson, TN).

Interview

Working interview during busy lunch shift. I was so impressed with their professionalism and the quality of their food and cleanliness of their entire operation. My team members were very pleasant and welcoming and the kitchen staff was AMAZING in their efficiency and accuracy. I immediately knew this was a place where I could be proud on every level and I'd been missing that in my professional life.

Interview Questions

• They repeatedly wanted to make sure
      I was comfortable doing the
      Various tasks (I was).
      1 Answer

Negotiation

We're still firming up some details,
    But the hiring/training manager had
    Been nothing but professional and accommodating.

Front of House Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Zoës Kitchen (Tulsa, OK) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied online, then followed up to the store with a phone call a few days later. I was instantly asked to come in for a "working interview" the following day; the working interview went well! I was interviewed during a lunch rush on a Sunday, so all hands were on deck, but, despite being busy, the FOH team member I was paired with helped me along the way and gave me her full attention. I was on the register and greeting costumers- for anyone applying, head my harping: smile and make the customers feel welcomed and appreciated- this practically got me the job in itself.. friendliness goes a long way!! After the two hour working interview I was given lunch on Zoe's and sat down with an Assistant Manager to discuss Zoe's values and what a FOH job would entail, I was then offered a job then ut on the schedule the following week.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Zoës Kitchen (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

I contacted and got an interview at Zoe's through an app called hirewire. After I scheduled an interview on the same day with the manager, I went in and was greeted warmly with the offer of a soda. The whole interview lasted maybe 10 to 15 mins. He basically just asked my experience (which was none), my availability, and how many hours I wanted to work. I was practically hired on the spot. I've been working there for about two weeks now and I love it.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The manager asked me how much I would like/expecting to get paid, and as my first job I said around $8.25 or $8.50 and he said okay $8.50. After I came in and filled out the paperwork he told me they would start me off at $9.00/hour without me asking. Great company!

Host Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montgomery, AL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zoës Kitchen (Montgomery, AL) in October 2016.

Interview

Quick and the hiring manager makes you feel comfortable and welcomed . The overall environment of the place was fun and relaxed. I loved it . Also the manager let me try their delicious chocolate cake! Overall ,great interview!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tallahassee, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Zoës Kitchen (Tallahassee, FL) in July 2016.

Interview

Interview was straightforward.. Asked availability and experience. Asked why do I think I would be good for the company .. Only negative is they said I would be hearing from them , and I never did , even after calling. Other than that , it was a great interview . They give you a drink while you wait. It was warming and pretty welcoming .

Interview Questions

Zoës Kitchen Response

Oct 10, 2016 – Recruiting Manager

We are happy to hear your feedback! Thank you for taking the time to write your review.

Hostess/Cashier Interview

Interview

Very simple since I applied for a summer job and had just graduated from high school. The manager was very friendly and was very understandable that I just wanted to gain some experience.

Interview Questions

Zoës Kitchen Response

Oct 10, 2016 – Recruiting Manager

We are happy to hear from you! Thank you for sharing your review.

Host/Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Zoës Kitchen in April 2016.

Interview

I actually applied for another location which i was told i didn't meet the minimum by their career website. I got a call two days later asking if i was still interested in working with the company but at a different location.

I told him yes. Set up an interview the very next day for 10am. He asked if i would have time to also do a work interview where I will work for an hour or so to show what i could do.

It went well and I got the job! The people there seems very laid back and have a love for the company.

Interview Questions

• Have you worked in this type of environment before?   1 Answer

Negotiation

He asked what pay I wanted to start off at, I said $9, but he told me they started off at $8.25, I got an extra $0.25.

Oct 10, 2016 – Recruiting Manager

Thank you for taking the time to write a review! We appreciate it.

Prep Cook Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lafayette, LA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Zoës Kitchen (Lafayette, LA) in March 2016.

Interview

There really wasn't much of a sit down interview. The manager asked me about my life like where i lived and such. he asked me to come back the next day for a working interview, which the let me into the kitchen and see what kind of work they do. the working interview was about two hours and I cut the lettuce for salad and made tomato bisque and potato salad with the help of the previous prep cook.

Interview Questions

• The asked if i had any previous skills as a prep cook   1 Answer

Oct 10, 2016 – Recruiting Manager

Thank you so much for writing a review! Your feedback is helpful.

Host/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zoës Kitchen (Houston, TX).

Interview

After applying through the website, the store GM texted and emailed me asking me to stop in for an interview. I went in and basically just introduced myself and got hired.

Interview Questions

• What does southern hospitality mean to you?
      What are your hobbies?
      Why did you leave your last job?
      Answer Question

Oct 10, 2016 – Recruiting Manager

Thank you for sharing your experience interviewing at Zoes Kitchen! We appreciate it.

Shift Leader Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Zoës Kitchen.

Interview

Very laid back mostly talked about the history of zoës and the overall atmosphere of the place. The people were friendly they seemed to love their job. Most were new but still seemed knowledgeable. Great interview great people felt very family oriented

Interview Questions

Zoës Kitchen Response

Oct 10, 2016 – Recruiting Manager

We are happy to hear from you! Thank you for sharing your review.