Zodiac Inflight Innovations Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.5

Sort:

Junior Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brea, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Zodiac Inflight Innovations (Brea, CA) in August 2014.

Interview

1. Applied online

2. 1 week after, behavioral phone interview with HR staff (also asked for salary expectation)

3. 2 days after, phone interview with CFO and Controller (asked mainly for background, excel ability). I was informed that I would be contacted by the HR person in a week or two, but that did not happen, so I left the HR staff a follow-up voice mail after one week passed, who called me two weeks after, and left me an email about an in-person interview.

4. 3 weeks after the phone interview, I had an in-person interview with CFO and Controller. They asked about my previous experience, if I mind that I might be required to work overtime. They both were pretty laid back and they made the conversations flow back and forth. They told me that I would be introduced to their accounting staffs afterward to talk for 30 minutes, and then there would be a behavioral interview for me in their big meeting room.

After meeting with their accounting staffs and getting asked about my previous experience, they told me that their meeting room was occupied. I was then brought to their coffee lounge to wait. In less than ten minutes, I was told that since the meeting in that room was going to last for a little while, I would need to come back in a week or two, and that I would be contacted by their HR staff.

About two weeks after, I did not hear from them, and I therefore emailed the HR staff. The next day, I got a rejection email.

Interview Questions

• With the HR Staff:
      Tell me about when you worked on a difficult situation.
      How would you describe your excel skills?

During the in-person interview:
      What was the most difficult project that you took in?
      Tell me about a time when you persuaded someone.
      Write step-by-step the journal entries in an inventory cycle.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Zodiac Inflight Innovations.

Interview

I received an email from the Recruiter. We had a talk on the phone after we set up a meeting via email. After the talk, he said he would call me back to schedule a technical interview with the engineers. Never did, so I sent a follow up email and have never received a response since. Extremely unprofessional.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Zodiac Inflight Innovations (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

I was noticed by one of the senior technical staff members over Linkedin and was reached out by him directly over the email. They were working on a BSP related project and I had a good work experience in the same field.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brea, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Zodiac Inflight Innovations (Brea, CA) in September 2018.

Interview

Received cold-call email from their internal recruiter.

Initial phone conversation with said recruiter, where he gave a surface-level description of the position.

One week later, I had a semi-technical phone screen with a couple of potential team members, where I was asked about my past experiences, was asked a few basic questions on domain knowledge (JavaScript, Angular 2+, Node), and was given a more detailed explanation of the job duties.

One week after that, I had a about a two-hour onsite interview with the same team members that interviewed me over the phone. On top of additional domain knowledge questions (JS, Angular, Node, SQL), I was also asked to go to a line-by-line walkthrough of some code for their product. Also had a brief interview with members of the data science team.

At the end of the onsite interview, the recruiter told me that they are interviewing other candidates for the same position and that I should expect an answer by next week. I ended up waiting about four weeks. The recruiter was courteous enough to give me weekly updates, at least.

After that fourth week, the recruiter finally called me and basically said that I was chosen above all the other candidates for the position, and we discussed salary numbers. However, he said I that I to go back onsite for a final behavioral interview a week later.

The behavioral interview lasted about 45 minutes, and I gave honest, no BS answers to a panel of about six people. Apparently, it was not good enough, because a week later, the recruiter gave me the email of the company not moving forward with my candidacy.

To conclude, the technical interviews were fine -- not difficult as long as you have domain knowledge of the aforementioned technologies -- but the lying about the waiting time for interviewing other candidates and the virtual rescinding of the offer was as much of a waste of my time as it was of theirs.

Interview Questions

• Do a walk though of two files code (Angular 2+ and Node) and give explanations of what's going on in the code.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brea, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Zodiac Inflight Innovations (Brea, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

I was interviewing for a senior software engineer position and felt like they were looking for the next CEO of the company. I had 5 interviews in a span of 1 month. Each interviewee was asking the same question but in a little different way. I felt the process was too bureaucratic and I was not having a good feeling about the whole process and in the end I received a better offer somewhere else and decided not to pursue this opportunity.

Interview Questions

• I did not feel there were lot of technical questions asked. I was asked few and felt that anyone have done coding for more than few years could answer. I think the more difficult question were on personality questions which I felt were very good but at the same time felt that they were looking for candidates with a lot of interpersonal skill than development skills.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brea, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Zodiac Inflight Innovations (Brea, CA).

Interview

There are 3 separate interviews: phone, one on one, and behavioral. Each of these were on different days.

The phone interview was conducted by the hiring manager. They just ask you general questions such as background and interests. Most of my phone interview was the hiring manager telling me about the company and what what the position was all about.

The one on one individual interview was me talking to 4 different heads in the in the engineering department. The people that interview you are your hiring manager and 3 other managers depending on availability in their schedule. I talked to each one for about 30 minutes.

The last one is in front of a panel of about 6 people. I recommend looking up behavioral interview questions online and practice answering those questions. The questions they asked me were pretty similar to that. They asked about 5 of those questions.

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brea, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Zodiac Inflight Innovations (Brea, CA) in January 2018.

Interview

There was no communication whatsoever, had to contact the recruiter multiple times for update until he answer the emails .would not speak on the phone . Very unprofessional. They need to hire better HR personnel

Facilities Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brea, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Zodiac Inflight Innovations (Brea, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

Recruiter in HR called me for preliminary discussion and scheduling of one onsite interview. Was given brief tour of the building during the actual interview. The interview was with the hiring manager but seemed like he was in a rush to get me out the door after the interview I was told by the HR recruiter they would contact me when they would make a decision but I never heard back they ghosted on me.

Interview Questions

• what makes you stand out from the other candidates   1 Answer

Data Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brea, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Zodiac Inflight Innovations (Brea, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

2 phone interviews followed by 1 in person (3 panel 3 hours); they didn't really seem to know what they wanted, it was a cake walk. It was literally the easiest interview I've had.

Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brea, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Zodiac Inflight Innovations (Brea, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

Drawn out... I had 2 phone interviews, 2 in person interviews. The last interview was a panel interview with 6 people. I was contacted shortly after told that they were interviewing other candidates, but would give me an update the next week. Never heard back from them again.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to make a decision when your boss wasn't there   1 Answer